HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:28 PM
AEM
AEMontoya's Avatar
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
1,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
How about this for the s800 17 mins flight time fully loaded and about $150

http://www.dupu.cn/index.php?c=product&id=25
Looks pretty neat. I still wouldn't trust it compared with the three brands I mentioned, though. Definitely less expensive. You'd think they'd provide it with a beefier plug, in case you wanted to fly with more weight than just the s800 itself.
AEMontoya is offline Find More Posts by AEMontoya
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:09 AM
Registered User
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
542 Posts
A little help with the nex5n record settings. What do you guys set it at?

60iFX, 60iFH, or 60P PS?

I've an aerial shoot tomorrow for a real estate and subject will be buildings and construction equipment.

Thanks!
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:49 AM
Registered User
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2011
249 Posts
A few quick videos....

First a view in the mirror of the Z15 in action

DJI Zenmuse Z15n Mirror Test (0 min 38 sec)


And a quick video of the startup

DJI Zenmuse Z15n Startup (0 min 30 sec)
Huddo is offline Find More Posts by Huddo
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:10 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
How about this for the s800 17 mins flight time fully loaded and about $150

http://www.dupu.cn/index.php?c=product&id=25
Did you already order one ?
I cannot read the page.
If I could I would order one.

Fritz
fritz99 is offline Find More Posts by fritz99
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:23 AM
Registered User
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz99 View Post
Did you already order one ?
I cannot read the page.
If I could I would order one.

Fritz
Same here. I'd like to order one myself. I'll try to email them 1st and hopefully they'll respond.
dupu.cn@qq.com
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:11 AM
Registered User
Danmark, Sjælland, Gørlev
Joined Jul 2008
204 Posts
Take a look at Maxamp's now you are looking at high end battery's.

I use them and are happy with them.
rsun77 is offline Find More Posts by rsun77
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:49 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEMontoya View Post
@liteglow

Yeah, I know what you mean. On that note, it suprises me how many s800 owners are using "cheapo" lipos. I won't name any particular battery brands, as I don't want to rub any one wrong, and I think we all have a notion of what batteries fall into this category. For my s800, I have 2x 6200 mAh 35C Neu Energy batteries. They are premium batteries, which, of course, I had to pay for ($290 for both, which I don't think is that bad for premium lipos). They are lightweight, compact, have a long lifespan, and are very reliable. If I didn't go for these, I would have gone for either Thunder Powers or Hyperions ... period.
Has anyone used Maxamps LiPo 11,000mah 6-Cell 22.2v with their S800/Z15? I'm interested in hearing everyones opinion...
smudg is offline Find More Posts by smudg
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:54 AM
AEM
AEMontoya's Avatar
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
1,062 Posts
I have never heard of Max Amps being referred to as high-end batteries, with all due respect. I do not know anyone who would consider them to be in the same category as Thunder Power, Hyperion, or Neu Energy.
AEMontoya is offline Find More Posts by AEMontoya
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:17 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
Don't know why someone would fall for some brand names, though. I don't know how many factories are producing the actual LiPo cells themselves but there aren't many. So the cells in your insanely expensive Hyperion or ThunderPower batteries might actually be the same as in the "cheapo" Zippy or Turnigy batteries.

In fact I have better reliability with these cheap cells than with some more expensive ones and I am not alone.

So I don't know why I should buy some LiPo from a German brand (in my case) if I can just source the batteries from their origin myself without all the margins for different resellers bleeding into the resale price.
Knilch is offline Find More Posts by Knilch
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:46 AM
AEM
AEMontoya's Avatar
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
1,062 Posts
Yeah, to some extent I agree. There is definitely overlap among the cells found in different brands. However, TP, HP, and NE are well known for standing out among the rest in a variety of applications. Searches on RCGroups, Google, and elsewhere provide innumerable examples. I don't know which manufacturers make cells for which brands, or what the different levels of quality control there are within the same manufacuring plant; I do know, however, that anecdotal evidence shows these brands to consistently outperform the others--without question. Taking a look through the high performance section, for example, where batteries are regularly pushed to their limits, clearly shows these three brands to be the top dogs when it comes to extreme performance, long lifespan, compact size, low weight, and reliability.
AEMontoya is offline Find More Posts by AEMontoya
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:03 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2005
1,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
How about this for the s800 17 mins flight time fully loaded and about $150

http://www.dupu.cn/index.php?c=product&id=25
Where to buy them ?

@Montoya: Yes I understand what you say.
I would love to have some batteries from Maxamps etc. and maybe I do in the future.

But not everybody have a fat budget , and I also need food in the house
So I have to do some choice, and if it means cheap lipos, or dont fly at all..
I go for some cheap lipos to start with !
And when I have more money I can expand with better lipos later.

I have been using Turnigy\zippo\rhino NANO etc for 5-6 years now.
Never have a Lipo failed me in the air, so I trust them 100% !
Yes they maybe dont give me so long flight time as a 200$ lipo, but like I said, I really dont have that money right now.

liteglow is offline Find More Posts by liteglow
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:02 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEMontoya View Post
Yeah, to some extent I agree. There is definitely overlap among the cells found in different brands. However, TP, HP, and NE are well known for standing out among the rest in a variety of applications. Searches on RCGroups, Google, and elsewhere provide innumerable examples. I don't know which manufacturers make cells for which brands, or what the different levels of quality control there are within the same manufacuring plant; I do know, however, that anecdotal evidence shows these brands to consistently outperform the others--without question. Taking a look through the high performance section, for example, where batteries are regularly pushed to their limits, clearly shows these three brands to be the top dogs when it comes to extreme performance, long lifespan, compact size, low weight, and reliability.
Yes you probably have the empirical evidence, but I know even if I would fly very Conservatively treating these batteries gently I could have a LOT more flight time per dollar with 2 or 3 of these compared to a single max amps.
I suspect that most of the cells are made in a few factories and the QC and mostly branding bs is why some lipos are so much more than others
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:14 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
one man two man set up

Just to ket you know I got the 1/2 man set working beautifully. Just load different configs into each contrioller and through a wireless trainer module.
Thanks for all the help on the forums.

I have 2 Futaba 8fgs
1 14ch rx
! man operation uses all 14 channels mapped to one controller (master)

2 man op
2 8fgs
Linked through a wireless trainer link
Set up trainer mode on master
Remap all the gimbal controls to trainer controller

easy (sort off)

flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:11 PM
Registered User
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
Just to ket you know I got the 1/2 man set working beautifully. Just load different configs into each contrioller and through a wireless trainer module.
Thanks for all the help on the forums.

I have 2 Futaba 8fgs
1 14ch rx
! man operation uses all 14 channels mapped to one controller (master)

2 man op
2 8fgs
Linked through a wireless trainer link
Set up trainer mode on master
Remap all the gimbal controls to trainer controller

easy (sort off)

I'm going to setup the orange RX this weekend.

I still don't understand this "wireless trainer link".
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:33 PM
AEM
AEMontoya's Avatar
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
1,062 Posts
@flyingbiscuit1

Is there any way you could post the channel assignments you're using for your 1-man setup using the 14-ch RX?
AEMontoya is offline Find More Posts by AEMontoya
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion DJI F550 Hex Build, with 2-axis NEX-5N/GH2 Gimbal... GGoodrum Multirotor Talk 9560 May 28, 2014 12:06 AM
New Product CLD 2/3-Axis FPV Gimbal for mini cameras and GoPro crd FPV Talk 9 Jul 13, 2012 11:42 PM
Discussion DJI Spread Wings S800 and Zenmuse Z15 prices are out! tpnitro Multirotor Talk 120 Jun 19, 2012 02:27 AM
Wanted 3 axis gimbal on a budget =) Vyas FPV Equipment (FS/W) 3 Mar 20, 2012 11:57 AM
New Product CLD 2/3-Axis FPV Gimbal for mini cameras and GoPro crd Aerial Photography 2 Sep 12, 2011 07:44 PM