HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:32 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper View Post
But you need to have some cables that go from your Rx to your WKM MC, or is that also on the landing gear.
I have a two person setup with two Rx, one futaba and a normal Spektrum for the the Zenmuse ! Thus no cable/Rx sharing etc.

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined May 2005
1,185 Posts
how many channels use the zenmuse ?
WKM use 6, + tilt pan and roll?
liteglow is offline Find More Posts by liteglow
Old Sep 09, 2012, 03:42 PM
JUN
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined May 2011
148 Posts
Name: DSC003851.jpg
Views: 123
Size: 293.4 KB
Description: picture test in my school..UD..in newark,DE

picture test today...

JUN
leoli0205 is offline Find More Posts by leoli0205
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:53 PM
Joined Jul 2008
129 Posts
All those flying the GH2 on the Z15:

Does the "record" icon show on the downlink through the HDMI/AV converter?

This would be very helpful for those of use who are running less than reliable hacks that like to stop prematurely

And just to clarify, I can shoot in 1080 24p and in 1080 60i using the stock setup?
blbills is offline Find More Posts by blbills
Last edited by blbills; Sep 09, 2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 05:26 PM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blbills View Post
All those flying the GH2 on the Z25:

Does the "record" icon show on the downlink through the HDMI/AV converter?

This would be very helpful for those of use who are running less than reliable hacks that like to stop prematurely

And just to clarify, I can shoot in 1080 24p and in 1080 60i using the stock setup?
From what I can see the screen goes clean when recording so when you stop the onscreen info appears. However I am still testing with the GH2 and had a stop in the middle of recording, but am still working out the cause (and my is hacked to 41 mbs)
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
What values are people changing as far as COG when flying with a zenmuse, I have balanced it on x and y axis, but assume that the z axis must have shifted down quite a few cm, what values have you changed?
Thanks
Fb
Anybody? COG is such a critical number I am wondering if it needs adjustment on the Z axis
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:47 PM
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Nov 2010
24 Posts
Quote:
Anybody? COG is such a critical number I am wondering if it needs adjustment on the Z axis
+1 for help on this, I'm sure mine flies very differently due to the lower COG, and it's raining again so i cant test it....
Kamakaze UK is offline Find More Posts by Kamakaze UK
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:43 PM
djiusa.com / uavproducts.com
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,846 Posts
Quote:
As you increase payload to bottom (gimbal) the Z axis will increase for imu and GPS. So if it was -10 for IMU it would increase to -17 etc..

If you point it nose down you have to move "lower" on the mulit until it would balance.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:29 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Hi,

one of you informed what the next DJI moves will be on the zenmuse ? Heard that there might be a Canon 5d version next ? I would be really down with a GH3 version if the GH3 reveals to be a winner at the photokina !

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:10 PM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
Hi,

one of you informed what the next DJI moves will be on the zenmuse ? Heard that there might be a Canon 5d version next ? I would be really down with a GH3 version if the GH3 reveals to be a winner at the photokina !

Boris
I can't see why DJI would want to fly a Canon 5D. In terms of pure video quality it's no better than a NEX-5N, its stills are only slightly ahead of a NEX-7, if at all and it weighs so much that a Zenmuse to carry it would weigh in excess of 2 kg. The reason, and only reason 5Ds get used for video production is the availability of big differential focus effects, which are pretty much irrelevant to AP.

The GH3 is also likely to be beyond the weight and bulk a Z-15 can carry too.
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:27 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,912 Posts
After lurking and occasionally posting, I finally gave up waiting for the 2 axis ZenMuse and ordered a 3 axis for my S800 and eventually for my Trex 550 WKH heli(I may have to stretch it to 600+ to make it work). Now I can look to the experts here to help me over the set up issues. I am looking forward to the experience.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:28 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,060 Posts
It would be nice to have a 5D mount for those people you just can't convince. Some directors just have a hard on for the 5D even though that trend has long past.
Dolby is offline Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:57 PM
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
It would be nice to have a 5D mount for those people you just can't convince. Some directors just have a hard on for the 5D even though that trend has long past.
Yes, there seem to be quite a few DoPs who think an SLR cobbled to take video is better than a proper video camera. The Australian Broadcasting Corporation has bought a load of Canon 60Ds, which are really quite limited as video cameras and never uses them to shoot stills, which they are good at.

However, there's no escaping the fact that a 5D is heavy and with a direct drive 3 axis gimbal like the Z-15, the weight of the camera is well under half of it. A 5D, lens and a completely redesigned Zenmuse could easily go beyond 3.5 kg, which is a huge payload for a multi. If you are going to carry that sort of weight, a Sony FS100 is a genuine professional video camera..
Last edited by RedSky; Sep 10, 2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:29 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,060 Posts
Would love to see a Zenmuse for the FS100 personally. Wont get much flight time though. hehe
Dolby is offline Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:41 PM
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
how many channels use the zenmuse ?
WKM use 6, + tilt pan and roll?
The Zenmuse on its own can use 7 channels - Aileron for Roll, Elevator for tilt, Rudder for yaw (panning). These work as proportional speed controls so a joystick control would be best. Then a channel for the mode switch, then one for shutter release, one for the HDMI conversion and one for camera orientation in FPV mode. The first 4 would be essential, I guess you could live without the last 3. I'll be using a DX8 dedicated to the Z-15 and another to control the octo.

I'd suggest you download the manual, there's a lot to know about the Z-15 before you start designing the control system you'll use.