SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:14 AM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
The HDMI Kable is on the Kamera-tray, there is no extra HDMI-Kable necessary. Just have a look, I cannot imagine that it is missing, since you cannot unplug it from the tray.

best regards

Ferdinand
Thanks Ferdinand - I've worked it out - for some reason the HDMI cable on mine had been solidly glued to the side of the AV module. After convincing myself it wasn't supposed to be like that I managed to separate it using a single edged razor balde.

My confidence in DJI engineers is restored but the uncertainty caused by the shattered English used in the manuals remains!.
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:31 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pal72 View Post
I have ordered a S800 and Zenmuse And i am going to use it as a 1 man and 2 man setup. Using a Graupner MX20 as primary TX and a JR for the camera man.

Question is: how to hook up this, so i can switch between 1 and 2 person operation in the easiest way?

I know u can use ppm on the WKM , but not on the gimbal... And the Graupner is only 12Ch, but i don't need all ch in the 1 man setup.
I can also hookup the JR to the Graupner, an assign som of the channels to the JR.

Anybody who could help me with this?

Regards Pål
I don't think you will find an easy solution to this. You really need a receiver that has 12 physical channels. Then you can buddy box in the 4 channels for the gimbal channels 9-12 using the trainer method through your primary TX. Until DJI has a way to pass the PPM or S.Bus through the CAN-BUS (if even possible) there will be no easy way for you to do it.

One reason why the 14 channel Futaba RX makes it easy to have a 1/2 man operation.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:28 AM
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Oct 2005
29 Posts
I have the dx18 transmitter. I want to set up the z15 and s800 for single opperator use. I am confused if this is possible. Help Please! I can buy a different transmitter if I need to. What is the simple 1 man set up?

Thank You!
magic1 is offline Find More Posts by magic1
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:49 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,437 Posts
Hello magic1

I am using th 9ch Aurora 9
1-5 for WKM (A,E,T,R,Flightmode)
6-9 for Zen (Pan, Tilt, Shutter, Zen-mode)

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:39 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper View Post
I think I need two receivers to do this with s-bus, in the WKM manual it says only the first 8 channels are used at the moment (page 17) so I think that is where we are at.

Would like to know how Robert has his mapped out at the moment.
I just used ch 5, 6, 8 for the Zenmuse and all the rest were set for sbus to the wkm.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:00 PM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,437 Posts
Hello,

Just had the great idea that I could shoot panoramas with the camera in "portrait" to enhance resolution. But I found out that in all modes "roll" is limited to 30°. To me it would be great, if DJI could drop this limitation at least for the "non-orientation-locked" mode.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:16 PM
by Alary Design
Mesa, AZ
Joined May 2002
1,813 Posts
Ferdinand, the problem with that is as the roll axis of the gimbal exceeds 45 degrees the effects of gimbal lock become present. at 90 degrees (portrait) there is no longer a tilt axis and there are two pan axis.

The limitation is physical and no amount of software will correct for gimbal lock. A 4 axis is required or as in some industrial robotics, 120 degree offset simultaneous drive axis can mitigate the effects of gimbal lock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimbal_lock
Photoship One is offline Find More Posts by Photoship One
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:45 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
541 Posts
Wuhuuuu!!
I thought I heard angels when I opened the box. =)

Next problem:
Install here...

or here...
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:15 PM
Joined Dec 2006
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
Wuhuuuu!!
I thought I heard angels when I opened the box. =)

Next problem:
Install here...

or here...
Congratulations
Is z-15n or z-15g?
buhojean is offline Find More Posts by buhojean
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joined Jul 2008
129 Posts
Hey guys sorry to interject. I've got a WKM and a GH2 Z15 on their way. My plan is to initially mount the combo to a heli (completely independent of the flight control system) until I see some better reliability reports and retracts on the s800.

My question, can someone that has the z15/WKM/s800 combo simply disconnect the s800 from the equation to ensure that the z15 functions properly? (Simulating a 2 man setup with my heli so to speak)

I'm sure my request sounds rather weird but I'm getting reports from reputable sources that have tried this and the z15 didn't behave properly until a multirotor (eg s800) was in the loop.

Just wanting to confirm.

Thanks!
blbills is offline Find More Posts by blbills
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blbills View Post
Hey guys sorry to interject. I've got a WKM and a GH2 Z15 on their way. My plan is to initially mount the combo to a heli (completely independent of the flight control system) until I see some better reliability reports and retracts on the s800.

My question, can someone that has the z15/WKM/s800 combo simply disconnect the s800 from the equation to ensure that the z15 functions properly? (Simulating a 2 man setup with my heli so to speak)

I'm sure my request sounds rather weird but I'm getting reports from reputable sources that have tried this and the z15 didn't behave properly until a multirotor (eg s800) was in the loop.

Just wanting to confirm.

Thanks!

I think you're going to need a WK-M or ACE-1 controller for the Z-15 but not necessarily the S800 airframe (I'm installing on a custom built 1100mm motorbase octo with WK-M controller).
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:47 PM
Australia, New South Wales, St Leonards
Joined Aug 2009
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blbills View Post

Just wanting to confirm.

Thanks!
You need WKM or DJI ACEONE connect with Z15 to work, so to use it on your heli, you need install ACEONE on the heli, or don't have $3500 ACEONE, you can still mount your WKM on the heli to make it work if you can find enough space to mount it all
piccoloflyer is offline Find More Posts by piccoloflyer
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:56 PM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
Short Z15 GH2 test

https://vimeo.com/48718895

just at the beginning but really loving the z15 !

only bummer is the GH2 characteristic of switching to 1080i when HDMI is plugged in . But thats not a DJI issue but Panasonic related !

Boris
I know what you mean, I guess you don't have to use the Hdmi, just tape it to the Z15
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Jul 2008
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
I think you're going to need a WK-M or ACE-1 controller for the Z-15 but not necessarily the S800 airframe (I'm installing on a custom built 1100mm motorbase octo with WK-M controller).
I'm aware that I need the WKM for the Z15 to function. My question is does it work just like that? eg without a multirotor connected to the WKM. I just want someone else to confirm this for me as I already have someone that's tried it with no luck.

Quote:
You need WKM or DJI ACEONE connect with Z15 to work, so to use it on your heli, you need install ACEONE on the heli, or don't have $3500 ACEONE, you can still mount your WKM on the heli to make it work if you can find enough space to mount it all
I've had an aceone in the past. I've gone a different route on the heli flight control system. I just want to put a z15 on the heli with the absolute least fuss.
blbills is offline Find More Posts by blbills
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:44 PM
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
Hello,

Just had the great idea that I could shoot panoramas with the camera in "portrait" to enhance resolution. But I found out that in all modes "roll" is limited to 30°. To me it would be great, if DJI could drop this limitation at least for the "non-orientation-locked" mode.

best regards

Ferdinand
As was pointed out, you can't roll to 90 derees without crossing the gyros but a different cradle, which held the NEX in portrait orientation could do it.