HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:08 AM
Joined Jul 2008
129 Posts
It's been a while since I messed with my GH2 (normally fly with AF100) but can't you select the HDMI output format but still record in something different?
blbills is offline Find More Posts by blbills
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:11 PM
France, Pyrénées Orientales
Joined Feb 2009
423 Posts
Problem camera mount screw

Hello,

I just received my Z15 is a very beautiful object!

and of course the problems start!

I just can not to fix the camera in the small rectangle planned for this purpose.

The width of the rectangle is + -15 mm and width of the rectangle on my NEX5 and + -18 mm!

result = impossible to hang the screw with the screw supplied with the Z15!

I do not understand the problem

is that someone can take a picture of the rectangle to compare ?

jdm66
jdm66 is offline Find More Posts by jdm66
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:18 PM
Danmark, Sjælland, Gørlev
Joined Jul 2008
204 Posts
The Nex 5 have another bottom then the NEX5N...

Mabye thats way it says that it is for the 5N version and not the 5....
rsun77 is offline Find More Posts by rsun77
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:33 PM
France, Pyrénées Orientales
Joined Feb 2009
423 Posts
Hi,

You are right, I just realized my mistake

I have a NEX5 and not a NEX5N

I will be forced to buy a box naked Nex5N

my blue card is still warm

jdm66
jdm66 is offline Find More Posts by jdm66
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:01 PM
JUN
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined May 2011
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm66 View Post
Hi,

You are right, I just realized my mistake

I have a NEX5 and not a NEX5N

I will be forced to buy a box naked Nex5N

my blue card is still warm

jdm66
take the block out u can still balance it !

JUN
leoli0205 is offline Find More Posts by leoli0205
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:01 PM
JUN
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined May 2011
148 Posts
Aerial Photography TEST by JUN (4 min 48 sec)

another test video..
go to 1080p!
anotherjun@gmail.com
youtube channel JUN1sme

JUN
leoli0205 is offline Find More Posts by leoli0205
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:33 PM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
Short Z15 GH2 test

https://vimeo.com/48718895

just at the beginning but really loving the z15 !

only bummer is the GH2 characteristic of switching to 1080i when HDMI is plugged in . But thats not a DJI issue but Panasonic related !

Boris
Hi Boris. Stunning footage from the GH2 and Z15
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Sep 03, 2012, 05:14 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrimoungchanh View Post
Hello Sid,

can you clarify why you would use 1/2/5/6 on the trainee 8fg to the trainer 9/10/11/12?

the Zenmuse instructions shows, 1/2/4/7?

Thanks for your help.

KS
KS, the picture was just as an example. You can assign whatever channels you want.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Sep 03, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined Jun 2011
201 Posts
S800 Z15 1 man, 2 man setup

I have ordered a S800 and Zenmuse And i am going to use it as a 1 man and 2 man setup. Using a Graupner MX20 as primary TX and a JR for the camera man.

Question is: how to hook up this, so i can switch between 1 and 2 person operation in the easiest way?

I know u can use ppm on the WKM , but not on the gimbal... And the Graupner is only 12Ch, but i don't need all ch in the 1 man setup.
I can also hookup the JR to the Graupner, an assign som of the channels to the JR.

Anybody who could help me with this?

Regards Pål
pal72 is offline Find More Posts by pal72
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:56 AM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm66 View Post
Hello,

I just received my Z15 is a very beautiful object!

and of course the problems start!
Mine arrived yesterday and the first snag appeared within 5 minutes of starting to assemble it - how are you guys connecting the HDMI output of the NEX-5N to the Zenmuse AV module? Was there supposed to be an HDMI cable in the package? There's no mention of one in the manual. The cable that's needed is a flexible and lightweight mini HDMI M-F about 20cm long. I have no idea where I'll get one and I can't understand why this hasn't been an issue for others.

Edit:
I've sorted this - what looked like a socket on the side of the AV unit is actually an HDMI Fly-Lead with the connector glued to the AV unit - presumably to stop it wandering around loose in transit. I'll leave this post up as it's as possibly useful to others because the gluing, which looks, now the parts are separated, like servo tape, is pretty strong and you'd need to be very sure it's supposed to come off before you forced it off. I had to cut the tape with a razor blade to avoid the risk of breaking the connector.

The problem in the manual is the description "a HDMI-AV connection cable". in the instruction "Connect the gimbal HDMI-AV module to camera HDMI port with a HDMI-AV connection cable." That implies there is another cable, an HDMI-AV cable, needed. It would be clearer if there had been an instruction to "Carefully separate the mini- HDMI connector, which is temporarily glued in place, from the side of the AV module then plug it into the mini-HDMI port of the camera".
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Last edited by RedSky; Sep 04, 2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Clarified solution
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:04 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
The HDMI Kable is on the Kamera-tray, there is no extra HDMI-Kable necessary. Just have a look, I cannot imagine that it is missing, since you cannot unplug it from the tray.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:12 AM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,060 Posts
The mini HDMI connector is on a brown ribbon cable attached to the Zenmuse. If you don't see it then either its missing or ripped off during unpacking? It should have already been attached and very obviously dangling from the gimbal. If you dont have one then contact the distributor you got the Z15 from because something is very wrong.
Dolby is offline Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:18 AM
Joined Jun 2009
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blbills View Post
It's been a while since I messed with my GH2 (normally fly with AF100) but can't you select the HDMI output format but still record in something different?
No, you can't. In the menus you can select whatever you want but the camera will still record in 1080i if the HDMI cable is plugged in. It's a bummer!

Has anyone tried this with some of the hacks available? Will the recorded format still default to 1080i?
Trnquill is offline Find More Posts by Trnquill
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:49 AM
Joined Aug 2011
190 Posts
Yes, you only have 1080 50i and 24p. End of story
miza is offline Find More Posts by miza
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:50 AM
Joined Aug 2011
190 Posts
I have the same thoughts for operating s800

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal72 View Post
I have ordered a S800 and Zenmuse And i am going to use it as a 1 man and 2 man setup. Using a Graupner MX20 as primary TX and a JR for the camera man.

Question is: how to hook up this, so i can switch between 1 and 2 person operation in the easiest way?

I know u can use ppm on the WKM , but not on the gimbal... And the Graupner is only 12Ch, but i don't need all ch in the 1 man setup.
I can also hookup the JR to the Graupner, an assign som of the channels to the JR.

Anybody who could help me with this?

Regards Pål
miza is offline Find More Posts by miza