SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:00 PM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
@albertocvr

The Z15 can do much more, much softer and much slower tilting than any other gimbal, if the tilt-slider would be proportional to the camera pointing, you loose a lot of options. You can to a 2-minute lasting tilt from pointing down to pointing at the horizon (that you cannot do with the slider acting as you described).

An option would be that in FPV-mode the camera pointing is proportional to the slider/stick position, but NOT for the other modes.

best regards

Ferdinand

For a single person setup, just reduce the endpoints for yaw and tilt-channels to 30% on the TX and practice finding the center.
How did you get enough channels to control both the Z-15 and the WK-M Ferdinand?

I've got 2 Spektrum DX-8s and plan to use one for the aircraft and one for the Zenmuse with the intention of having optional 2-person operation. Not sure how I'll go doing it on my own with the goggles on!
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:54 AM
Danmark, Sjælland, Gørlev
Joined Jul 2008
204 Posts
The parts for the NEX 7 is also with in the package..... I am using both and not that hard to make the change when you first know were to put the cams....
rsun77 is offline Find More Posts by rsun77
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:08 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,419 Posts
@Redsky
5ch for the WKM A,E,Th,R,Flightmode (incl. RTH)
4ch for the Zen Pan, Tilt, Shutter, Mode

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:30 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,419 Posts
Hello over here,

Z15 video blog 2012-08-28: Chillout (5 min 25 sec)

What do you think about the music? Started editing, mixing, arranging myself, so please don´t be too harsh.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:34 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
First minute and a half were awesome. I am sure the rest was too but I fell asleep...

That was so relaxing, I need to start watching that vid every night before bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
Hello over here,

https://vimeo.com/48369832

What do you think about the music? Started editing, mixing, arranging myself, so please don´t be too harsh.

best regards

Ferdinand
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:19 AM
France, Pyrénées Orientales
Joined Feb 2009
423 Posts
Hello,

I have a question:

I just ordered a Z15 version NEX5 and now the seller says it has Z15 version NEX7 in stock!

Is it a real problem or is it possible to use the version NEX7 with a Sony NEX5 ?

Thank's for support

jdm66
jdm66 is offline Find More Posts by jdm66
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:05 PM
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Nov 2010
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm66 View Post
Hello,

I have a question:

I just ordered a Z15 version NEX5 and now the seller says it has Z15 version NEX7 in stock!

Is it a real problem or is it possible to use the version NEX7 with a Sony NEX5 ?

Thank's for support

jdm66
I'm just in the process of doing it. I think its going OK, my nex5 now balances very nicely in all axis, now that I've moved it about, fine tuning with blutack and then more moving about.

It's not really stopped raining though so my only footage so far indoors in crap light. See what you think, and remember this is the first stab at using the gimbal, and the first time its been on the s800. Remember this is a nex5 on a nex7 mount (with my adjustement (moving IR trigger to the left and above the base plate and sliding the base mount quite far back)

Here's the only footage so far, I'll do more when i have better weather and light.

gimbal first test (3 min 6 sec)

If it looks good, I'll do a summary of what mods i made.

On a slightly different subject is anyone using the t8fg sbus connection to the WKM, but still managing to output normal (switched) channels to the Z15? I seem to be able to manage to get conventional channels to mirror the sbus ones, but not separate them out. Thanks...

oooh and it's stopped raining - quick more test footage of my modded mount
Kamakaze UK is offline Find More Posts by Kamakaze UK
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:08 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! Flying a S800 indoors! Must be hard to jog with balls that big....
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:31 PM
France, Pyrénées Orientales
Joined Feb 2009
423 Posts
Hi, Kamakaze UK

Thank you for your reply

is a big DIY ?

or

not much to change !!!

Can you post pictures of your DIY, please ?

jdm66
jdm66 is offline Find More Posts by jdm66
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Nov 2009
71 Posts
Nice Ferdinand!

Made a small clip of a trip we had on the islands on Sunday. I have challenges to get the set up of the Nex 5N ok. Any suggestions?

Sandvik på Sandhornøy (1 min 25 sec)
oylore is offline Find More Posts by oylore
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:14 PM
Joined Nov 2010
24 Posts
@jdm

I'd say it took me about half an hour to get close, then by adding small bits of bluetack here and there i improved the balance to the point were there is no bounce-back if you push it gently in any axis whilst powered down. Once it was as good as i could get it i swapped blutack for gingerly moving the mount about one final time.

I did the pitch first, then the roll, then turned it on its side for the yaw. Then went back to the beginning as my efforts had effect on the other two axes. Whole process was just over an hour, but I don't have anything to compare against (a stock nex-5 z15) so not sure if I've got it perfect yet. I'm uploading a video now to see how it's gone

If its any good ill do a few pictures of my mods.

@oylore, could you point out what challenges you are having setting up the nex-5, that video above looks pretty good to me!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Nov 2009
71 Posts
I think I get flickering on the film. Have set up Nex with MF, 1/60 sec, Only auto are ISO and A. They may appear better on this widget. It´s a clip from the same film.

Flimmer (0 min 43 sec)
oylore is offline Find More Posts by oylore
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined Nov 2010
24 Posts
I see it on that one. Im just starting out so I'm afraid I can't offer much advice with that, if i find the same I will experiment and report in. I've noticed that my z15 has a tendency to roll a bit if i yaw hard, but it started raining as i noticed it so more testing required... tomorrow...
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined Apr 2012
482 Posts
Ok so I have my gimbal and am trying understand the best way to configure i, I apolgies in advance if some of these are basic questions, but the manual does leave something to be desired because of the poor english.
I am trying to understand the best way to configure the zenmuse so it can be easily switched between 1 man or 2 man operation, ideally without having to tear apart the s800 to replug or switch transmitters.
For those of you who have it in one man mode, am I to understand that you tilt or pan through switches?, with you seting the rate and the end point?. Which make sense if you are using the joysticks to control the helicopter, but seems a bit crude in trying to get some shots, or perhaps i misunderstand the manual.

2 man mode seems straight forward requiring another rx and tx, but how easy would it be the switch between the 2?. Anyone have a simple solution worked out yet.

Thanks for the help in understanding, this forum has been invaluable in learning.
thanks
FB
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Apr 2012
482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! Flying a S800 indoors! Must be hard to jog with balls that big....
WOW s800 indoors crazy or great I'm not sure
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1