HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:09 PM
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Jun 2011
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
I just ordered the sigma 19mm lens, let´s see what that lens will give as results ...
Hi Ferdinand,
I'll be really interested in how this performs ! It seems to have much better optics that the 16mm.
I really enjoy your videos also !
Regards
Eoghan
Eoghan is offline Find More Posts by Eoghan
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:25 PM
Moscow
Joined Jul 2006
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
Regarding the 19mm Sigma, I will check if the auto-focus is working for video.
it does not. ie it is unusable because of very slow focusing with continuous front-back hunting.
mitmit is offline Find More Posts by mitmit
Last edited by mitmit; Aug 09, 2012 at 02:43 AM.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:40 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghan View Post
Hi Tony,
Just looking at your video on my iPad so I might be mistaken, but there seems to be quite a lot of vibration in the footage. Do you think this can be balanced out ?
Regards
Eoghan
I know Ferdinand has a vid using the 18-55 lens. He might have his balanced better. I just shot this with the 16mm lens in a wicked windstorm. It started at about 1:00. Not the best lighting as you can see->

Rc-Drones DJI-Innovations S800 Hexa/HexaCopter +Zenmuse 3-Axis Gimbal In Wicked Wind (2 min 15 sec)
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:42 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Zen Muse Z-15 in Stock at AddictiveRC and RcHobbyHelicopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
What I'm curious about is how people are buying Zenmuses (not affording them, though that would be hard enough, but finding someone to buy one from!).

I emailed DJI but no reply.
We have the Z-15 for the Nex 5-N in stock now and will Have the Nex-7 and GH-2 Versions in stock soon.
Cheers, John W.
http://www.addictiverc.com/store/ago..._Camera_Mounts
http://www.rchobbyhelicopter.com/sto...JI_Innovations
www.rchobbyhelicopter
www.addictiverc.com
www.myaddictiverc.com
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Last edited by johnIn2SonAZ; Aug 09, 2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:15 PM
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Jun 2011
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I know Ferdinand has a vid using the 18-55 lens. He might have his balanced better. I just shot this with the 16mm lens in a wicked windstorm. It started at about 1:00. Not the best lighting as you can see-
Hi Tony,
That second video is definitely better. I just looked at your first one again, there is a lot of high frequency vibration in the video. I'm pretty certain you can get rid of it by tweaking the balance a bit more. When my Zen arrived it had been set up for a Nex 5 instead of a Nex 7. I had very similar vibration problems and had to balance it a few times before I could get rid of it. It handles the wind really well in that second video ! I must admit, I love my Zenmuse !
Eoghan is offline Find More Posts by Eoghan
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:36 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,058 Posts
Looks like there is new firmware... http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...z15/downloads/

What’s changed?
  • Fix the problem that the gimbal will not move after power on.
  • Fix the problem that pitch cannot turn back to center after self-test.
  • The three axis will be back to center after reset and uncontrollable in the FPV Mode (Reset).
  • The control method of Orientation-locked Mode is changed.

What’s new?
  • The gimbal can be controlled to be forward or down in the FPV Mode (Reset) by a 2-position switch.
  • Supported camera and lens types:
    • GH2 with Lumix G14 mm/F2.5
    • GH2 with Lumix G20 mm/F1.7

Doesn't list that they fixed the off level horizon issue if you spin the copter 360 quickly. It's not a huge issue but they mentioned they were working on it a few weeks ago. Otherwise looks good.
Dolby is online now Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:49 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,058 Posts
-removed-
Dolby is online now Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Dolby; Aug 09, 2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:17 PM
Joined Jan 2012
97 Posts
DJI Ace Series can work with Z15 now! Perfect!

I like helicopters!
So Ace Series can support Z15 now is really good news for me!
Lovingflying is offline Find More Posts by Lovingflying
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 11, 2012, 04:18 AM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghan View Post
Hi Tony,
Just looking at your video on my iPad so I might be mistaken, but there seems to be quite a lot of vibration in the footage. Do you think this can be balanced out ?
Regards
Eoghan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I know Ferdinand has a vid using the 18-55 lens. He might have his balanced better.
He may of had it balanced better, but I think it is also important to point out that the vid from Ferdinand was not shot from an S800.
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:26 AM
Joined Nov 2009
71 Posts
Sony E 16mm f/2.8 manual focus

When manual focus is on.

How to adjust sharply with manual focus when Nex 5N is in the Z15?
Where is the focus of the lens when I turn on the camera?

Does anyone have experience with this?
oylore is offline Find More Posts by oylore
Old Aug 14, 2012, 03:45 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,419 Posts
Today I received my Sigma 19mm, made some tests in the garden, which are promising (without the copter). Will post a video (from the zen) later this afternoon.

@oylore

This is a mess, you switch on the Copter and the zen, switch on the cam and then you have to point somewhere far away and focus (check in the display). This was what I did. But I do like the autofocus.
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:35 AM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Endofdays

If I remember right, people complained about the sigma's AF.
What has been your experience?
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:31 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,419 Posts
I just unpacked the 19mm, went out in the Garden did some photos and some videos, looks ok to me, but I am not experienced with cams and AFs. To me the important test is what happens on the copter during flight, this will tell more about the lens, if it is usable or not. My first impression is good, but I am not an expert.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:56 AM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
910 Posts
Hey everyone

Im having some issues with my downlink. I am using a immersion RC 5.8Ghz 600 mw setup. it is wired straight from the Zen 3.5mm jack into the 5.8 Tx. IT seems to work ok for anywhere between 1 min and 5 mins , and then black screen is all you see on the goggles. when I land and cycle power on the copter and the Zen and camera also it seems to start up again only to do the same thing minutes later.. anyone else having any issues >?
jetbootz is offline Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:27 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbootz View Post
Hey everyone

Im having some issues with my downlink. I am using a immersion RC 5.8Ghz 600 mw setup. it is wired straight from the Zen 3.5mm jack into the 5.8 Tx. IT seems to work ok for anywhere between 1 min and 5 mins , and then black screen is all you see on the goggles. when I land and cycle power on the copter and the Zen and camera also it seems to start up again only to do the same thing minutes later.. anyone else having any issues >?
Normally black screen means a bad connection to the camera. If the screen is staying black that means the TX is transmitting and the RX is receiving (otherwise it would be snow/fuzz).

Next time it happens, disconnect the power to the TX while you have a black screen and see if the goggle image goes static. Then you can confirm either camera or camera connection.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways