SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:28 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,072 Posts
Yes you must give a tutorial on how to balance the stock lens, I prefer it much more to the 16mm. Keeping my eye out for a used Zeiss then I will truly be happy
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:51 PM
djiusa.com / uavproducts.com
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
Hello again,

Yet another video with the Z15, the special point about this video is, that I mounted the 18-55mm lens, and rebalanced the Z15. I like this lens much more ...

https://vimeo.com/46629888

best regards

Ferdinand
Yes, how did you do this balance. Really need to know. Thanks

Love the videos!!!
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:33 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,060 Posts
I have an immersionRC 5.8ghz 600mw transmitter using the bluebeam cloverleaf antennas. Wondering where people are mounting there transmitter? I have mine on one of the poles of the s800 landing gear and get a decent amount of video break up.

Has any one found a good placement for the video transmitter? Is there a better 5.8ghz video transmitter / receiver? I'm not going out of LoS.
Dolby is offline Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2012, 04:24 PM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
Hello,

Here a short description of what I did to balance for the new lens:

THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
IF IT WORKS FOR ME IT DOES NOT MEAN IT WORKS FOR YOU!
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

It turned out, that I had to lower the COG on the cam, which I did by adding 10gr on the backside of the display.

I am using the display (-positioning) also for a fine-tuning the COG of the cam.

To get the cam balanced (front-rear) adjust the tray-position (on which the cam is mounted) by opening the 4 screws, adjust the position, and tighten the screws again:

You should balance this like a prop, at every position you put the cam, it needs to hold its position. If you add the cover for the lens, the cam should move and point down. Since the gimbal has a bit of resistance, you have to push a little to the one and to the other side, and see if the reaction is different. You do this for every axis individually, starting with tilt.

For the roll-axis, I had to add 10gr at the side where the IR-TX is sitting. The fine-tuning is done by adjusting the box containing the IR-TX using the screws there:

That´s it, takes about 5-10min.

Be sure to take off the lens-cover when balancing!

THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
IF IT WORKS FOR ME IT DOES NOT MEAN IT WORKS FOR YOU!
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Jul 30, 2012, 04:28 PM
Moscow, Russia
Joined Jun 2006
308 Posts
Big Thanks for detailed tutorial
ArtPiranha is offline Find More Posts by ArtPiranha
Old Jul 30, 2012, 04:46 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,060 Posts
Thanks for the tutorial EndOfDays!
Dolby is offline Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2012, 05:26 PM
Moscow
Joined Jul 2006
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
it's annoying to watch the horizon tilt every time you do a long sweeping turn.
yep, there is always lil bit of something which makes it non perfect)
mitmit is offline Find More Posts by mitmit
Old Jul 30, 2012, 05:59 PM
King Thor
Joined Nov 2009
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm66 View Post
Hello

i would like to know when DJI Zenmuse Z15-N will be available in your webshop ?

jdm66
We get delivered every week, but they are always sold out immediately.
Best to reserve in advance via email.
mk-Thor is offline Find More Posts by mk-Thor
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:10 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
Hello again,

Yet another video with the Z15, the special point about this video is, that I mounted the 18-55mm lens, and rebalanced the Z15. I like this lens much more ...

https://vimeo.com/46629888

best regards

Ferdinand
That's your best video yet Ferdinand! And the change in lens makes a big difference.
Daloaf is online now Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:37 PM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
1,005 Posts
Very short maiden completed. just a backyard hop. Very impressive kit. Thanks DJI

DJI WKM S800 Z-15 Maiden (4 min 42 sec)
jetbootz is offline Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Jul 2012
109 Posts
Which one do you recommend the GH2 or Nex 5 or Nex 7? I dont own any of this cameras so i would have buy one specific for the zenmuse.
Volandos is offline Find More Posts by Volandos
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:22 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandos View Post
Which one do you recommend the GH2 or Nex 5 or Nex 7? I dont own any of this cameras so i would have buy one specific for the zenmuse.
The GH2 definitely has a superior video quality than the 5N with the stock lenses but the GH2 only records in 30 frames which is a big let down for me. I really like the smoothness that 60p brings to videos. I think the 5N with the kit lens is pretty decent now that Ferdinand showed us that, but you really should have a Zeiss lens on it to make it shine.

For highest quality footage though the GH2 with hacked firmware is pretty damn hard to beat. The 7N is a great camera (I have the Sony A65 which has the same 24mp sensor) and it produces excellent quality footage, though I'm not a huge fan of the Nex series lenses. They need a better lens. To be honest I love the A65 as it has the 24mp sensor and even with the kit lens it takes great video.

Though I also forgot to mention the obvious size and weight differences, the GH2 will shorten flight times somewhat more than the 5N will.

Shot this video on the A65, unfortunately vimeo destroyed the sharpness of the video but it gives a good idea.
AerialQuads.com Swamp Reel (3 min 28 sec)
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:32 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,937 Posts
DJI's is supposed to be out in a week or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
I have an immersionRC 5.8ghz 600mw transmitter using the bluebeam cloverleaf antennas. Wondering where people are mounting there transmitter? I have mine on one of the poles of the s800 landing gear and get a decent amount of video break up.

Has any one found a good placement for the video transmitter? Is there a better 5.8ghz video transmitter / receiver? I'm not going out of LoS.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:25 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
@Dolby

My Video TX (with CL) is mounted here:

I am using only 100mW, with CL / SPW only I get about 1km Range, with the 8Turn Helix on Tracker it is much more

Be sure your CL is pointing straight down, and the CL should be of good quality (best handmade by an antenna-guru)

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Jul 31, 2012, 05:53 AM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Nov 2011
36 Posts
I have a 8FG and I am using SBUS between the receiver and the WKM. However, it looks like I really only have one channel left for the Z15. Is that correct? (1-4 AERT, 5: FC, 6/7 for X2/X3) Or is there a different way to map this for a single-user?

Also, the G6 connection, I'm assuming it doesn't matter which port we connect it to on the Pan Servo. I had two open connections (top/middle).

And the CAN-Bus, are people plugging that in to the GPS slot? I have my LED plugged in to the WKM PMU.
nathasm is offline Find More Posts by nathasm