HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2012, 02:32 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skivvie View Post
Posted gains in S800 thread. I adjusted my COG by 5cm with the Z15. Working great so far.
Thanks, I will try these today to start off with, I believe there have been settings done by Terry for the whole set up running 5.12a, would like to see these and compare/try out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skivvie View Post
After doing a couple of shoots this week with my S800 and Z15 setup for solo operation... here's a couple of things I noticed that I think either should be added or fixed:

2: Tilt Control
For single person operation, we need the option for the tilt control to be a direct correlation instead of velocity. By this I mean if my slider is all the way down, the tilt should be all the way down. Slider up, tilt all the way up instead of the slider position corresponding to tilt velocity. I operated my AV130 with the WKM like this and it is exceedingly easier to control than having to recenter the slider when you want to stop the tilt while also maneuvering the heli. This would mean you'd need limits to the tilt as there are in the standard WKM gimbal control. Basically, it needs a mode to operate exactly like the WKM gimbal control does so that you can set tilt speed and limits and control position directly in correlation to Tx knob/slider position.

5: Video Rec start/stop
REALLY need this. PLEASE add this ASAP.

Here is a couple of minutes of the B-roll from the shoot... Please don't share this URL as it's still in post. =]
I totally agree on 2 and 5! Can't comment on the others yet as I haven't experienced or flown it yet. In the manual it does seem to imply video rec stop/start will be supported in the very near future, I hope so.

Nice video btw!
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:29 AM
Joined Aug 2011
190 Posts
Can you use Gentled shutter? But I think it will be problem with the cable when rotating 360 pan.
miza is offline Find More Posts by miza
Old Jul 29, 2012, 05:20 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Here it is, although don't get to excited! Lol
DJI S-800 and Zenmuse Z-15 Camera Mount, 2nd Flight, Off Board and On Board Video Footage. RAW

Not bad but still needs some tuning. Plus some vibration has caused a small piece of dust to drop from with-in the camera on to the sensor but not on the front, so can't remove it and it's annoying once you spot it, so looks like the camera needs to be sent to Sony for a service... Arrrr

DJI S-800 and Zenmuse Z-15 Camera Mount, 2nd Flight, Off Board and On Board Video Footage NEX5N (1 min 43 sec)
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:29 AM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,180 Posts
Hi David. That is looking great.

Have you tried using the cleaning mode on the nex5n? You will find it in the set up menu.

Here's a useful link for cleaning the sensor. http://sonyalphanex.blogspot.co.uk/2...ex-camera.html
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:53 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC View Post
Hi David. That is looking great.

Have you tried using the cleaning mode on the nex5n? You will find it in the set up menu.

Here's a useful link for cleaning the sensor. http://sonyalphanex.blogspot.co.uk/2...ex-camera.html
Thanks... It wasn't too bad for a 2nd flight and was pretty breezy although it didn't blow me away, but think that was totally down too not having the right settings on my camera more then anything. That and the fact I'm cheesed off about my camera, think the mount performed better then expected!

Thanks for the link just tried that a few times but it's still there.. if you take the lens off you can see a spec of dust but under the front piece of glass, although think I've really messed it up as tried with a cotton wool bud ever so slightly moist and that's just smeared the front glass, did that before I realised the dust particle was in between the glass I can just see the fun I will have when I take it in to the shop trying to claim a warranty repair!
Last edited by topgearuk; Jul 29, 2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:45 PM
TGF
Germany, BY
Joined Nov 2009
40 Posts
Hi guys,

we had our first real flight with s800 + wookong + zenmuse + nex5n and the result is stunning amazing.

here the video:

S800 & Zenmuse Z15n - First Contact (2 min 22 sec)

and here you find one of the three flights from above video in full length without cut:

Making of: S800 & Zenmuse Z15n - First Contact (uncut) (11 min 32 sec)

greets
Team Globe Flight
mk-Thor is offline Find More Posts by mk-Thor
Old Jul 29, 2012, 03:21 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
The videos in this thread are amazing ....
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:01 PM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,388 Posts
short clip of two flights in the evening:

Z15 Videoblog 2012-07-29: Eggenburg (4 min 25 sec)

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:04 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
The videos in this thread are amazing ....
Indeed. Just wished this has come sooner and avoided all the unnecessary time and money-spending making other systems work. Hoping to get mine in three weeks.

Beautiful video, Ferdinand.
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:50 AM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
short clip of two flights in the evening:

https://vimeo.com/46583470

best regards

Ferdinand
Great work Ferdinand.

Incidentally, how did you buy a Z-15 - the link on DJI's website to theiir USA dealership just takes you back to the same page in their website?
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:59 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,388 Posts
I "preorderd" directly at DJI

best regards

Ferdinand
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:34 AM
France, Pyrénées Orientales
Joined Feb 2009
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk-Thor View Post
Hi guys,

we had our first real flight with s800 + wookong + zenmuse + nex5n and the result is stunning amazing.

here the video:

https://vimeo.com/46458279

and here you find one of the three flights from above video in full length without cut:

https://vimeo.com/46529543

greets
Team Globe Flight
Hello

i would like to know when DJI Zenmuse Z15-N will be available in your webshop ?

jdm66
jdm66 is offline Find More Posts by jdm66
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:48 PM
Joined Jan 2010
1,388 Posts
Hello again,

Yet another video with the Z15, the special point about this video is, that I mounted the 18-55mm lens, and rebalanced the Z15. I like this lens much more ...

Z15 video-blog: 2012-07-30: Sony with 18-55 lens test (2 min 39 sec)

best regards

Ferdinand
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:11 PM
Moscow, Russia
Joined Jun 2006
307 Posts
Wow! Impressive! How did you manage to rebalance z15?
ArtPiranha is offline Find More Posts by ArtPiranha
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:27 PM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
Hello again,

Yet another video with the Z15, the special point about this video is, that I mounted the 18-55mm lens, and rebalanced the Z15. I like this lens much more ...

https://vimeo.com/46629888

best regards

Ferdinand
The 15-55mm definitively looks sharper to me. But it's annoying to watch the horizon tilt every time you do a long sweeping turn. If not for that it would have been perfect.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab