HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:09 PM
Joined Mar 2012
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelico View Post
After a bit of research, it looks like I have to buy a new receiver to get all 14 channels out of my 8FG (and use one receiver). One thing that I was wondering, is it possible to use my 8 channel receiver for the S800/Wooking, and then pair a second Faast receiver to the same transmitter? Then just run the extra channels of that some how?

I saw this link (http://www.multirotorforums.com/show...AZA-8-channels) that seem to indicate that this can work - it would go something like this:

Main receiver:
1- Aileron
2-Elevator
3- Throttle
4-Rudder
5- FC mode (atti, man, GPS etc)
6-FC Return to home
7- IOC switch

Second Faast receiver:
1- Zenmuse Pan
2- Zenmuse tilt
3- Zenmuse roll
4- Zenmuse Shutter
5-Zenmuse Mode
6-iOSD
7-AUX

Basically.. I am trying to figure out the easiest way to run my S800/WKM/Zenmuse with most of the above functions on my 8FG. All and any advice is appreciated.. Cheers!
I use the 6208sb rx (S-Bus) for the WKM with ch8 going to the retracts, and I use a second Orange Rx from HK for the Z15.
Only 6 channels available for the Z15 because of the jumper in ch 1 and 2...

Here is a quote of the pm I sent to another forum member:

"It is very easy
You bind the Orange Rx to same 8FGS you already use.
With jumper in CH 1 and 2, Channel 3 becomes channel 9, 4 becomes 10, etc....
Look at 2nd picture here: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=17206
So once jumper is installed and Orange rx is bound, on my 8FGS I have exactly this:

Linkage menu>Function

9 NDL LS Connect Orange Rx Ch3 to Z15 TILT
10 AUX3 RS Ch4 PAN
11 AUX2 SA Ch5 MODE
12 AUX1 SG Ch6 SHUTTER

I think "NDL", "AUX3", etc.. can be anything free, and remember with Jumper Orange Rx Ch3 becomes Ch9... I also chose LS RS SA SG because they are not doing anything with the WKM."

Cheers,

Cedric
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:49 AM
Joined Jul 2008
397 Posts
wow cedric - thanks very much! I already have one of those receivers already too! Thanks so much for your help - so there are no issues running both receivers together like that?

You have made my day!
Jelico is offline Find More Posts by Jelico
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:31 PM
Joined Nov 2012
112 Posts
Some more test with Zenmuse .

PILOT RC YAK 54 111CC SHOOTING WITH ZENMUSE. (5 min 36 sec)

Christian
consoleworld is offline Find More Posts by consoleworld
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:44 PM
United States, MI, Wyoming
Joined Dec 2012
330 Posts
is there any word of a new zenmuse coming out soon. I have read the rumors of a gopro version already. We are looking to buy but if a new one for another cameras coming soon I will wait. Like for the GH3.
Ryan5508 is offline Find More Posts by Ryan5508
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:50 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2012
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan5508 View Post
is there any word of a new zenmuse coming out soon. I have read the rumors of a gopro version already. We are looking to buy but if a new one for another cameras coming soon I will wait. Like for the GH3.
+1
me to i'm waiting for maybe a gh3 update....i hope they will!
animau is offline Find More Posts by animau
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:56 PM
Joined Mar 2012
754 Posts
Quote:
wow cedric - thanks very much! I already have one of those receivers already too! Thanks so much for your help - so there are no issues running both receivers together like that?

You have made my day!
You are welcome .
And no problem running them like that at all. I run the same system all the time on a Y6, 6203SB rx connected to NAZA (S-bus) and Orange Rx for Gimbal and shutter control.
On the Z15 the Orange Rx is powered by the Zenmuse module, and on Y6 it is powered by a free channel on the Futaba 6203sb Rx....
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:02 PM
Joined Mar 2012
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by animau View Post
+1
me to i'm waiting for maybe a gh3 update....i hope they will!
Oh man that would be great . I'm already condering a cinestar gimbal for my GH3 instead. (There was talk of an adapter kit for Cinestar/S800)
I have a Z15n, and after some research it seems impossible to just get a GH2 (Z15g) camera frame to mod...
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:21 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2012
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
Oh man that would be great . I'm already condering a cinestar gimbal for my GH3 instead. (There was talk of an adapter kit for Cinestar/S800)
I have a Z15n, and after some research it seems impossible to just get a GH2 (Z15g) camera frame to mod...
yep me to i'm looking for maybe a alternative but the zenmuse is so good.... it hard to make a decision...some guys have mod the zenmuse gh2 to put a gh3 in it...but i don't know if it work well...
i'm waiting to have some news from those guys who mod the zenmuse to buy a gh3....
c'mon DJI do something or give us some news at least!!!!!!!
animau is offline Find More Posts by animau
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:30 AM
Joined Oct 2004
788 Posts
Hi there,

I don't want to pee on any ones parade but I have to ask?! Why spend $3500 bucks for this Gimbal?! I almost bought it myself and I am happy I didn't. I cam e across a few videos of people using a AG600 Gimbal and the hoverlfy controller and the footage was amazing! Especially considering, that you can get all the shaking out with a bunch of software. So why spend all this money on a Z15?! Maybe there is something I am not aware of?!

thanks,

G
neavissa is online now Find More Posts by neavissa
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:39 AM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
834 Posts
I have AG550 and z15.

totally different animals. one is a very good hobby grade gimbal. ( if you use it with a camera like pj-710v with Sony Boss in cam stab )

the other is incredible. for all their faults, DJI can at least be very proud of the z15. ill sure be buying the GH3 version ( assuming it is actually made )
jetbootz is online now Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:49 AM
Joined Jul 2008
397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbootz View Post
I have AG550 and z15.

totally different animals. one is a very good hobby grade gimbal. ( if you use it with a camera like pj-710v with Sony Boss in cam stab )

the other is incredible. for all their faults, DJI can at least be very proud of the z15. ill sure be buying the GH3 version ( assuming it is actually made )
Have to agree here... I have had the AG550, upgraded to an Ecilop (which is actually still pretty impressive) then finally bought a Zenmuse. Blows everything out of the water. Nothing else comes close to be honest (not yet anyway)
Jelico is offline Find More Posts by Jelico
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:20 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,025 Posts
+1
Once you have tried a Z-15 other gimbals are like toys in comparison. Sure if you put a lot of work into tuning, you can get somewhat decent footage from a servo driven gimbal, and make that acceptable with heavy post stab etc. But it's a totally different world compared to the Z-15, where you get a rock solid picture straight out of the camera, hardly ever needing any post stab at all.
I like to bash DJI, and they often deserve it. S800 is a joke, support is a joke. But they deserve credit for the Z-15. It's in a different league from the competitors..

Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa View Post
Hi there,

I don't want to pee on any ones parade but I have to ask?! Why spend $3500 bucks for this Gimbal?! I almost bought it myself and I am happy I didn't. I cam e across a few videos of people using a AG600 Gimbal and the hoverlfy controller and the footage was amazing! Especially considering, that you can get all the shaking out with a bunch of software. So why spend all this money on a Z15?! Maybe there is something I am not aware of?!

thanks,

G
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:10 PM
Joined Oct 2004
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbootz View Post
I have AG550 and z15.

OK, I make sure I write DJI a thank you letter?!

Quote:
Have to agree here... I have had the AG550, upgraded to an Ecilop (which is actually still pretty impressive) then finally bought a Zenmuse. Blows everything out of the water. Nothing else comes close to be honest (not yet anyway)
I am glad it "blows" everything else out of the water?! Now why is that again?! Because it does! I got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
+1
Once you have tried a Z-15 other gimbals are like toys in comparison. Sure if you put a lot of work into tuning, you can get somewhat decent footage from a servo driven gimbal, and make that acceptable with heavy post stab etc. But it's a totally different world compared to the Z-15, where you get a rock solid picture straight out of the camera, hardly ever needing any post stab at all.
I see. The Z15 is "better" because it doesn't really need any post stab and/or post production?! Does that mean all the cameras used in big Hollywood productions are crap, because they all need some sort of post production?! The way you are putting it, sounds like it?!

I am also a bit unsure about the "heavy" post stab you are talking about?! Does "heavy" to you mean, that a lousy PC will take all night to render the footage?! Or does "heavy" mean that you have to spend a few bucks to get some decent software?! There are programs out there, that are either free or cost a couple of hundred bucks and they get the job done, i.e. DaVince Resolve 9. Most people seem to also be a bit confused on what it takes to post stabilize video?! I am by all means no expert, but I was able to figure it out after watching a few tutorials on YouTube!

Speaking of post production. Anyone who wants to make a somewhat decent movie, is going to have to drag it into some sort of software, right?! You want to correct the color, the sound and most likely edit it. Once its in your software, drag your special effect in there and you are done! Its that simple! Like I said, I am not an expert in this, so if you tell me, that for one or another reason post production stabilization is "bad" for the footage, this argument should never be used again!!!

Someone said that everything else seems like a toy, compared to the Z15 and is Hobby grade. I actually believe it is the other way around! YES, the Z15 is a nice piece of engineering, but it seems to always attracts the same kind of people?! People that cannot wait to land, get the SD card out of their camera, put it in to their laptop and say, "Here! Look at this footage!"?!

I would really for once hear a REAL reason why the Z15 is worth $3500 bucks?! If you took the time to write much without saying really anything, please try again! I believe that if you knew the answer yourself, you would have simple said so, instead of beating around the bush!

thank you,

Georgios

p.s. MOST IMPORTANT! I am not here to offend anyone! Everything you say, I appreciate! I am just tired of asking, "Hey, will this work?!" just so people can say, "NO IT WONT!" But I never ever really get a why?!
neavissa is online now Find More Posts by neavissa
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:16 PM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
834 Posts
I have someone I know in AUS who has a z15n for 2800 for sale. if you pm me ill pass on your details.

anyway to answer your question :

z15 turns on , you take off, you land , your footage is perfect. is that concise enough ?
jetbootz is online now Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:13 PM View Post
neavissa
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while neavissa edits it. Show it to me anyway.