SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:51 AM
Joined Nov 2012
162 Posts
I think is not possible to add in F550 is verry heavy the zenmuse , total weight 3000-3500 grams , and the flight time no more than 3 minutes .

But almost nothing is impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christian
consoleworld is offline Find More Posts by consoleworld
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:10 AM
Osprey
Joined Jan 2013
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by animau View Post
Did someone ever put a zenmuse under a dji f550 heavy conversion kit? is it possible?
I dont think that would be worth it, by the time you buy bigger motors etc. I think the 550 would be over stressed. And the weight is part of the reason the kit is smooth.

I do think there will be other copies of the Zenmuse direct drive system (there already are some). Both lighter and less expensive. Those may be a nice match to a lighter MR. DJI is working on a smaller Zen for GoPro as reported in this thread.

My guess is there will be a lot of development and much lower weights and prices in the future.

But one thing that is true in all camera work is bigger heavier cameras are always smoother. When I shoot with my StediCam and my FS700 I actually add weight to the rig to help smooth it. Electronic stabilization can only do so much. This is even true just on a tripod, a heavier camera on a heavy tripod is the only way to use long lenses in windy conditions.
westsideav is offline Find More Posts by westsideav
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:12 AM
Joined Oct 2010
131 Posts
Servo delay is also available on the DC-16, set it up today…

The delay is quite big for demonstration purposes.

Jecti DC-16 (0 min 26 sec)

Will post a clip with the zenmuse later.
plingboot is offline Find More Posts by plingboot
Last edited by plingboot; Feb 14, 2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:49 AM
Joined Jan 2013
61 Posts
Hello.
I dont get it so i start asking some newbie questions here, please be patient....

I'm trying to understand this thing with zenmuse Z15 for 1pilot solution. the problem is that I do not understand the manual after struggling for 2 days with this. I have allready calibrated my transmitter with WKM and I'm useing ports 1,2,3,4 and 7 on my R6208 SB receiver ports, looks great so far.
I guess that i must connect the remaining ports between the Zenmuse GCU and reciver (3ports left in the reciver 5,6 and 8/8), but how and where do I find the solution to that if I don't understanding the manual correctly by now. I want to run with 1pilots solution,,, anyone knows, any tutorials on Zenmuse (can't find any)? Is this where the S-bus should be used for the S800/WKM or for the zemnuse?
Thanx for any help in this matter!

Happy Valantines day..
Appcam is offline Find More Posts by Appcam
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:28 PM
Osprey
Joined Jan 2013
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appcam View Post
Hello.
I dont get it so i start asking some newbie questions here, please be patient....

I'm trying to understand this thing with zenmuse Z15 for 1pilot solution. the problem is that I do not understand the manual after struggling for 2 days with this. I have allready calibrated my transmitter with WKM and I'm useing ports 1,2,3,4 and 7 on my R6208 SB receiver ports, looks great so far.
I guess that i must connect the remaining ports between the Zenmuse GCU and reciver (3ports left in the reciver 5,6 and 8/8), but how and where do I find the solution to that if I don't understanding the manual correctly by now. I want to run with 1pilots solution,,, anyone knows, any tutorials on Zenmuse (can't find any)? Is this where the S-bus should be used for the S800/WKM or for the zemnuse?

Happy Valantines day..
It can be done but you need a few more parts, to split the signal. I was working on it and I gave up after talking to Patrick at AerialMediaPros at length about this. I ended up getting a second T8FGs and receiver.

It works really well and you can do single pilot if you set yourself up right.

This way you can use all the features of the Zen. It is very hard to get smooth moves with the sliders, much easier with the sticks. And it is less confusing to have all the cam controls on one radio and the WKM switches on another.

Just the conclusion I came to, it may not be right for you. And I really like it this way. You need a stand for a monitor anyway so just put your camera TX on the same stand.
westsideav is offline Find More Posts by westsideav
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:45 PM
Australia, NSW, Stanhope Gardens
Joined Aug 2012
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appcam View Post
Hello.

Happy Valantines day..
Single pilot solution requires 14 channels bare minimum, 18 if you want full functionality.
Brett1868 is offline Find More Posts by Brett1868
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:10 PM
Joined Jan 2013
61 Posts
Ok, Thanx for input and ideas...
I have a Futuba T8FG 14 channels.
I also have a Spektrum X7, would that work for the Zenmuse?

I figured that i just wanted to try the zenmuse on the s800 in FPV mode as a maiden flight before getting one more T8FG + Reciver... And I still do but can't figure out the wiering...

Cheers and thanx for respons...
Appcam is offline Find More Posts by Appcam
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:53 PM
Joined Jul 2008
401 Posts
Looks like a few of us have the Futaba 8FG and are trying to run this as a single pilot machine.

IF anyone has already done it - I would really appreciate them letting us know how they they did it (channel mapping/Sbus setup etc).
Jelico is offline Find More Posts by Jelico
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:05 PM
Joined Jul 2008
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett1868 View Post
Single pilot solution requires 14 channels bare minimum, 18 if you want full functionality.
I am only just building my S800/Zen now so am curious about this comment. Here is how I had planned to use my Futaba 8FG with 14 channels on S-Bus:

1- Aileron
2-Elevator
3- Throttle
4-Rudder
5- FC mode (atti, man, GPS etc)
6-FC Return to home
7- IOC switch
8- Zenmuse Pan
9- Zenmuse tilt
10- Zenmuse roll
11- Zenmuse Shutter
12-Zenmuse Mode
13-iOSD
14-AUX

It looks like i am missing something here - how would you make up the other channels? Thanks for your help
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:13 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
422 Posts
HDMI V2 Help for Z15N maybe?

Hey guys, I just installed the new board and everything is working as it should except the switch I mapped for the video record function isn't picking up in the assistant nor is it working? Tried just about everything.

My setup:
Spektrum DX 18 tx
Spektrum AR9020 rx
Spektrum XPlus8 expansion *Zenmuse

I know it says to map Aux 3 and I did, it shows in the TX that it's working but nothing in the assistant or on the camera? Everything is plugged in proper, what am I missing? (and why am I one of the few running spektrum lol?)
apvxtreme is offline Find More Posts by apvxtreme
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:17 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
422 Posts
One of the Z15 channels can be hooked up so that in FPV/Reset mode it levels horizon or points down far as I can tell... There is a HDMI switch on AUX2 of Z15 as well but not sure what it does. (might be backwards, HDMI may be AUX1 but whatevs...) Oh and there is video record on AUX3. Not sure if that helps but?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelico View Post
I am only just building my S800/Zen now so am curious about this comment. Here is how I had planned to use my Futaba 8FG with 14 channels on S-Bus:

1- Aileron
2-Elevator
3- Throttle
4-Rudder
5- FC mode (atti, man, GPS etc)
6-FC Return to home
7- IOC switch
8- Zenmuse Pan
9- Zenmuse tilt
10- Zenmuse roll
11- Zenmuse Shutter
12-Zenmuse Mode
13-iOSD
14-AUX

It looks like i am missing something here - how would you make up the other channels? Thanks for your help
apvxtreme is offline Find More Posts by apvxtreme
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:05 PM
Joined Jul 2008
401 Posts
Another question...

Do you know if I Can use all 14 channels of my 8FG with the included SBUS Futaba R6208SB receiver?

The Wookong supports S-Bus so in theory its possible right? Or am I missing something and need to buy a 14 channel receiver for it.

Or is that receiver limited to 8 channels whether you use it as an Sbus receiver or not.

Really appreciate your advise here- I need to be able to run 13 channels so working out what I need to to to make that happen.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:37 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plingboot View Post
Servo delay is also available on the DC-16, set it up today…

The delay is quite big for demonstration purposes.

http://youtu.be/XaiC9W9SKC4

Will post a clip with the zenmuse later.
ah great it that easy thought i had to get the jeti box out !

great thanks now i have the motivation to do it
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:25 AM
Danmark, Sjælland, Gørlev
Joined Jul 2008
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelico View Post
Another question...

Do you know if I Can use all 14 channels of my 8FG with the included SBUS Futaba R6208SB receiver?

The Wookong supports S-Bus so in theory its possible right? Or am I missing something and need to buy a 14 channel receiver for it.

Or is that receiver limited to 8 channels whether you use it as an Sbus receiver or not.

Really appreciate your advise here- I need to be able to run 13 channels so working out what I need to to to make that happen.
It only have the 8 channels.

You will need the 14 channel receiver to get the channels for s800 and the zen on one receiver.
rsun77 is offline Find More Posts by rsun77
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:20 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
Hello,

Do you know where I can get this part to mount on the lens of a Z15 (Sony Nex)?

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays