HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:26 PM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,421 Posts
@Ab74
This is THE lens ...

made a test-flight with my mods (dual Transmitter, dual video downlink) to check if range is ok:
Z15 Videoblog 2013-02-05: Flight Test of one-two-transmitter setup (2 min 7 sec)

now I need to practice (a lot) the cam movement with the sticks on the second TX.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:46 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,080 Posts
Wow that Zeiss lens is crispy Ferdinand, well worth the price.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:04 AM
Freehold, USA
Joined Jan 2008
397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
@Ab74
This is THE lens ...

made a test-flight with my mods (dual Transmitter, dual video downlink) to check if range is ok:
https://vimeo.com/58997540

now I need to practice (a lot) the cam movement with the sticks on the second TX.

best regards

Ferdinand
VERY nice Ferdinland. A ramping feature is what the Zen needs. It smooths out the i/out movements on the pan/tilt axis. A couple of us here have requested this update! It's necessary.

Do you have a video or photo on how you balances the Zeiss 24mm on your Zen?

Also were you flying line of sight in this video or FPV?
DorianJ is offline Find More Posts by DorianJ
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:07 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,421 Posts
Thank you guys for the comments on my video.

I did program "servo-speed" of 1 secs on my TX (means, that it takes 1sec until the wanted position is reached). Ramping of course would help.From my point of view, to reduce the "dead-band" would also be of advantage ( I will try to compensate on my TX). Most of the scenes are played with 4x the speed, so of course every move you make on the sticks is seen.

I have no video (or fotos) from balancing for this lens, but this rather easy since the cam is almost in the most "back" position, and to balance roll, I had to add 10gr on one side. The rest is moving the HDMI-coverter to a good position. It is really important to balance with the cam switched on, and the correct focus (to a point far away).

I fly FPV.

best regards

Ferdinand
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:38 AM
Portugal, Faro, Loulé
Joined Jun 2012
362 Posts
Hi guys,
I have instaled in my S800+Z15n a DJI free iOSD and have the DJI 5.8g video tx.
Sometimes it lost the video signal from zenmuse and only show the iOSD information on FPV, but yesterday in mid flight it completely lost the video signal from Zenmuse and only show the iOSD information on my monitor.
I've tried to reset it a bunch of times but it doesn't show any signal from the zenmuse.
I've disconnected the iOSD and only connect the zenmuse but the screen stays black.
I've checked all the connections and everything seems to be ok.

what could be the problem?
Thanks
fsimao222 is offline Find More Posts by fsimao222
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:47 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,421 Posts
HDMI-Kable would be my guess.

best regards

Ferdinand
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:20 AM
Portugal, Faro, Loulé
Joined Jun 2012
362 Posts
But if was the HDMI cable the Zen led shoud be red, wright?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
HDMI-Kable would be my guess.

best regards

Ferdinand
Last edited by fsimao222; Feb 06, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:07 PM
Osprey
Joined Jan 2013
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsimao222 View Post
Hi guys,
Sometimes it lost the video signal from zenmuse and only show the iOSD information on FPV, but yesterday in mid flight it completely lost the video signal from Zenmuse and only show the iOSD information on my monitor.
I've tried to reset it a bunch of times but it doesn't show any signal from the zenmuse.
I've disconnected the iOSD and only connect the zenmuse but the screen stays black.

Thanks
I had the same problem on the 3rd flight with the IOSD. I also had small black squares show up near the telemetry data add times, these moved around.

My dealer took the IOSD back and is sending a replacement from DJI soon I hope. He says he has seen a few of them do this and they were faulty units.

Mine does work w/o the IOSD but you have to make a special wire that also taps the power for the TX, I made one direct to the 6s that powers the Zenmuse.
westsideav is offline Find More Posts by westsideav
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:10 PM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsimao222 View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks
Have you tied without the OSD? Abraço.
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:40 PM
Portugal, Faro, Loulé
Joined Jun 2012
362 Posts
how I can do that?
can you take some picture of your to I see?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideav View Post
I had the same problem on the 3rd flight with the IOSD. I also had small black squares show up near the telemetry data add times, these moved around.

My dealer took the IOSD back and is sending a replacement from DJI soon I hope. He says he has seen a few of them do this and they were faulty units.

Mine does work w/o the IOSD but you have to make a special wire that also taps the power for the TX, I made one direct to the 6s that powers the Zenmuse.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:45 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
422 Posts
Hey thanks for that, my new board will be here next week. If i had it a few weeks ago I wouldn't have flipped my bird! (ahhh hindsight...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topper_MUC View Post
apvxtreme is offline Find More Posts by apvxtreme
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:51 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
DJI ZENMUSE Z15 Demonstration (11 min 11 sec)
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:43 PM
Joined Oct 2012
102 Posts
"A ramping feature is what the Zen needs. It smooths out the i/out movements on the pan/tilt axis. A couple of us here have requested this update! It's necessary."

+1
toberal is offline Find More Posts by toberal
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:53 PM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toberal View Post
"A ramping feature is what the Zen needs. It smooths out the i/out movements on the pan/tilt axis. A couple of us here have requested this update! It's necessary."

+1
could you not just use duel rates/expo like in the video above?
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:03 PM
Joined Oct 2012
102 Posts
the problem without "ramp" is at the end of your commands (tilt or pan ) the zen stops too hard or even in fpv mode when you pan the entire bird at the end of the movement the zen stops to hard no matter how smooth you flight
toberal is offline Find More Posts by toberal