Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:55 AM
Joined Oct 2012
99 Posts
Nice setup Ferdinand , so with the buddy box you can transfer any assign channel from one Tx to another just turning on the second Tx , wright ? .. you know if there is something similar with futaba ?
toberal is offline Find More Posts by toberal
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:13 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,384 Posts
This is nothing brand specific, works with all RC-TX brands:
4ch:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ntroller_.html
8ch:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ntroller_.html

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:57 AM
Joined Aug 2011
190 Posts
Which EU dealer has the best customer support for DJI (gimbal) products?
miza is offline Find More Posts by miza
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:47 PM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miza View Post
what do you need?
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:48 PM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miza View Post
In the UK Heliguy are great to deal with.
Digitech.nl seem to have a good reputation too.
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:54 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC View Post
In the UK Heliguy are great to deal with.
Digitech.nl seem to have a good reputation too.
+1, I know both of them.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:54 PM
Joined Aug 2011
190 Posts
HDMI cable, I found it at Digtech.nl
And a good tech support for the future bought items =)
Since DJI prices are quite the same all over the world, good support is money well spent.
miza is offline Find More Posts by miza
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:01 PM
United States, PA
Joined Nov 2012
23 Posts
Has anyone been able to get the Zenmuse to work constantly with the temperature around -10°C ~ -1°C?

I'm not having any luck. I have no control over the gimbal and the IMU is not putting out any inputs aswell. The only thing I can do with this flying paper weight is work the shutter release.
jayare is offline Find More Posts by jayare
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:18 PM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
807 Posts
I had two days of flying in cold winter and heavy winds. S800 was barely able to stay in the air, but I had no problems with the gimbal.
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:55 PM
Joined Sep 2011
11 Posts
No problems with flying at around -10 C here apart from slight drift in the Zenmuse. But it responded to the input well.
zeng is offline Find More Posts by zeng
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:48 AM
United Kingdom, Worthing
Joined Dec 2012
273 Posts
Nex7 video settings??

Anyone using the Z15 with a Nex7?

Would anyone be willing to share their camera settings please? (for video).

I dont understand how you can put it in 'manual focus'? When I test shoot on the ground with DJI's recommended settings the video is always blurred!?

I must be missing something silly here?

Thanks

Doug
hazardpro is offline Find More Posts by hazardpro
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:58 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazardpro View Post

I dont understand how you can put it in 'manual focus'? When I test shoot on the ground with DJI's recommended settings the video is always blurred!?

Thanks

Doug
Just use the recommended settings on page 10 of the manual. It will work in flight. The focus is meant for medium to far items not the grass next to you.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:51 AM
Osprey
Joined Jan 2013
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare View Post
Has anyone been able to get the Zenmuse to work constantly with the temperature around -10°C ~ -1°C?

I'm not having any luck. I have no control over the gimbal and the IMU is not putting out any inputs aswell. The only thing I can do with this flying paper weight is work the shutter release.
I have flown several times in -10C and colder with a S800 an Zen with a NX5n, the only problem has been a tendency for the Zen to drift the roll out of level when accelerating and traveling fast. It does this in all modes sometimes.

You just have to stay on top of it an level the horizon manually when this happens.

I just updated to the latest FW last night and will try again today to see if this helps.

I remapped my sticks so roll is on the left and that way pitch and yaw are on the right, this feels more natural and you don't mistakenly roll the horizon when adjusting tilt.

I just got this kit and it has not been warm here yet, so I don't know if this is temperature related.
westsideav is offline Find More Posts by westsideav
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:07 AM
Osprey
Joined Jan 2013
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazardpro View Post

Thanks

Doug
I fly with a NX5n and I think it is very similar to the 7.

I use manual focus, just focus before takeoff on a far away object, focus assist helps with this (I assume the 7 has this feature as well).

I also use a #9 ND filter on the lens to keep f-stop open f4-5.6 seems real good on the 17 pancake, wide open is a little soft and smaller f-stop shows all dust on the lens/filter too easily. I did have to rebalance the gimbal when I added the filter, I use a similar UV filter when in a low light situation to keep the balance.

I set the whitepoint on a white card or on the snow, the ground is cold and white around here. And I also use manual ISO. I use the histogram to get exposure right, using auto anything will give you the dreaded hunting (changing exposure) when turning into or away from the sun or tilting up/down. The only time I consider using auto exposure is if it is a variable cloudy day, but even then I usually prefer a preset to avoid the hunting.

If I shoot 60p I use 1/120 shutter and if I shoot 30p 1/60 (in other words I use 180 degree shutter) this gives the most pleasant video in my opinion.

Note: for shooting 30P use the 60P but set shutter to 1/60 and then convert to 30p in your NLE.
westsideav is offline Find More Posts by westsideav
Last edited by westsideav; Feb 05, 2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:10 AM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
532 Posts
Just received my 24mm sonnar lens. I tested a few groundshots and I'm loving it! I sure wish I had this a couple of months ago. Here goes zen balancing.
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74