HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:51 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
well the gimbal market is going down now for Dji,
every one is holding on to their money at mo, waiting for the cheap alternative.
You guys better hurry up and post pics and footage for the z15 hero before the mental strain kicks in from the costumers
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:27 AM
Croatia, Slavonski Brod-Posavina, Slavonski Brod
Joined Nov 2009
90 Posts
i had problems with jello effect the same as on some videos i saw. i balanced only props (maybe i will balance motors also eventghough i don't need to since i don't have any jello). I also reinforced arms with hot shrink tube (http://www.buyheatshrink.com/heatshr...shrink.JPG)and now there is no jello in my videos(i have them a lot at the beginning).

2 days ago i saw this so people who have problems with vibration/jello maybe this will help u:
http://www.kopterworx.com/DJI-Profes...ntivib-upgrade
banga is offline Find More Posts by banga
Last edited by banga; Jan 29, 2013 at 01:36 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:13 AM
Joined Mar 2007
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banga View Post
I also reinforced arms with hot shrink tube (http://www.buyheatshrink.com/heatshr...shrink.JPG)and now there is no jello in my videos(i have them a lot at the beginning).
Hi Banga.
Could you please post some pics of the reinforced arms?
DSIRC is offline Find More Posts by DSIRC
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:09 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
well the gimbal market is going down now for Dji,
every one is holding on to their money at mo, waiting for the cheap alternative.
You guys better hurry up and post pics and footage for the z15 hero before the mental strain kicks in from the costumers
As much as I love the developments on the gimbal front. I think we have to stay fair and they still have to proof themselves just as we demanded it from the zenmuse. We haven't seen any wind tests. We have mainly seen leveling with go pro on them and some of them ( not directing in any way towards the AQ Fylduino efforts, respect them and have trust in what they are doing) leaving the impression they cant keep level worth .... when the copter yaws.

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:13 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,245 Posts
Zenmuse for GoPro

I got some more info on the Zenmuse for GoPro. It will be all aluminum construction with brushless direct drive motors for GoPro 2 and GoPro 3. Both will fit without additional accessories. For the GoPro 2, it will support remote shutter and video recording. I am looking at the 2-axis as well. I am not sure about the need for a 3-axis but it is there for those that want it. I hope Sidney is right about March, but it also could be April.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:55 AM
Freehold, USA
Joined Jan 2008
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
As much as I love the developments on the gimbal front. I think we have to stay fair and they still have to proof themselves just as we demanded it from the zenmuse. We haven't seen any wind tests. We have mainly seen leveling with go pro on them and some of them ( not directing in any way towards the AQ Fylduino efforts, respect them and have trust in what they are doing) leaving the impression they cant keep level worth .... when the copter yaws.

Boris
Yep. Fingers crossed that they perform at the level we all expect. I REALLY hope they do.
DorianJ is offline Find More Posts by DorianJ
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:48 PM
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Jul 2012
22 Posts
iOSD/Zenmuse issues

Hey folks, I posted on here before about an issue I was having with the Zenmuse GH2 and DJI iOSD. I now have a video that I hope explains the problem better, hopefully someone can help me out! (
iOSD issues 2 (2 min 51 sec)
). You may have to copy/paste link in browser.
A little background info...So originally I had the Z15GH2 with V1 of the HDMI board. I was getting the black and white/blurry picture issue. Robert sent me a V2 HDMI board. This solved the black/white downlink issue. However, after installing the V2 HDMI board, my iOSD no longer works properly. When my camera is off, the iOSD works just fine. As soon as I turn my camera on, the iOSD basically "freezes" and shuts off after 30 seconds or so. I am still getting a video downlink. As soon as I turn off my GH2, the iOSD works again, but obviously I do not have a video downlink. I am using all DJI components (VTX/iOSD/WKM etc). Anyone have any ideas? The HDMI cable has been replaced so that is ruled out. Robert also sent me a SAO adapter which also does not solve the issue (actually makes it worse, makes the video downlink all grainy and dark). As I have not heard of anyone else having this problem I wonder if it something I am doing wrong? Any ideas? Thanks for your help!
AVMEDIA is offline Find More Posts by AVMEDIA
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:43 AM
zzr
DEAF-POWER
United States, CA, Los Gatos
Joined Feb 2006
331 Posts
Try to update new iOSD MARK II Firmware* v1.06 If it's work

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVMEDIA View Post
Hey folks, I posted on here before about an issue I was having with the Zenmuse GH2 and DJI iOSD. I now have a video that I hope explains the problem better, hopefully someone can help me out! (http://vimeo.com/57574169). You may have to copy/paste link in browser.
A little background info...So originally I had the Z15GH2 with V1 of the HDMI board. I was getting the black and white/blurry picture issue. Robert sent me a V2 HDMI board. This solved the black/white downlink issue. However, after installing the V2 HDMI board, my iOSD no longer works properly. When my camera is off, the iOSD works just fine. As soon as I turn my camera on, the iOSD basically "freezes" and shuts off after 30 seconds or so. I am still getting a video downlink. As soon as I turn off my GH2, the iOSD works again, but obviously I do not have a video downlink. I am using all DJI components (VTX/iOSD/WKM etc). Anyone have any ideas? The HDMI cable has been replaced so that is ruled out. Robert also sent me a SAO adapter which also does not solve the issue (actually makes it worse, makes the video downlink all grainy and dark). As I have not heard of anyone else having this problem I wonder if it something I am doing wrong? Any ideas? Thanks for your help!
zzr is offline Find More Posts by zzr
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:13 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,245 Posts
Here is the link:

http://www.dji-innovations.com/products/iosd/downloads/
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:59 AM
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Jul 2012
22 Posts
Thanks Tahoe Ed, I will try that out shortly and report back. Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:52 AM
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Jul 2012
22 Posts
Tahoe Ed: So I updated the firmware. Still the same. What I did find out in the process however is that when I switch to PAL instead of NTSC, the iOSD works as it should! Which basically brings me back to the original problem of not being able to shoot in NTSC. This is getting really frustrating. I have the V2 GH2 HDMI board. Anyone have any other ideas of what to do to get this thing working in NTSC?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:17 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,989 Posts
Rc-Drones Zenmuse ZenCam HandiCam

Just built a Zenmuse HandiCam for a customer.
More pics can be seen here-> http://www.z06tony.com/Other/Rc-Dron...6987&k=qnqfqJw

Its been raining here so could not take it outside.

Rc-Drones DJI ZenCam Zenmuse HandiCam For The Sony NEX-5N Camera (0 min 23 sec)

Rc-Drones DJI ZenCam Zenmuse HandiCam For The Sony NEX-5N Camera (0 min 25 sec)
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:02 PM
PolynÚsie franšaise, ╬les du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzr View Post
Try to update new iOSD MARK II Firmware* v1.06 If it's work
could we upgrade DJI iOSD to Mark 2 with the v1.06 and have the flight log (as the sd card is already in the first iOSD )
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:05 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2012
285 Posts
I want to build one of these as well. Have anymore details on the setup? How hard is it to hold by just hold the ends of the rods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Just built a Zenmuse HandiCam for a customer.
More pics can be seen here-> http://www.z06tony.com/Other/Rc-Dron...6987&k=qnqfqJw

Its been raining here so could not take it outside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSLapO1r7eQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZNg7fpGkbs
leemann is offline Find More Posts by leemann
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:45 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Kudelstaart
Joined Jul 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
could we upgrade DJI iOSD to Mark 2 with the v1.06 and have the flight log (as the sd card is already in the first iOSD )
Yes
Taszz is online now Find More Posts by Taszz