http://www.kopterworx.com/Latest-pro...scue-6m2?pop=0
http://www.kopterworx.com/Latest-pro...cue-25m2?pop=0
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:24 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Those chute may help slow down the hefty payload impact when hitting some one in the head falling from space, but i don't think it will save the z15 and camera from being bent smash.

Good to see folks actually trying at making the hubby safe with their inventions.

Am thinking maybe some sort of fast filling gas balloon
Balloon fills up copter floats, use radio to gently let air out, copter fall slowly.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:08 AM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
394 Posts
i like those rescue systems, but i see some things that are not adressed ...

who triggers the rescue system?

is it the pilot? is it hapening by itself? do the motors stop, when triggered, to prevent the lines to get catched by the motors?

how does the copter look after landing on concreteand not on a very think layer of grass?

in my opinion it should be an automatic system, as i probably automaticly would try to correct any happenings prior to a crash, before i would acctually recognice and realise that i am in real trouble. meaning that i would be to slow to get the parachute out as fast as necessary.

but there are a few more things to be managed ...

when does the system trigger? it needs to be triggerd, when some irregularities arise ...

but the s800 can fly with 5 motors full equipped with zenmuse, camera, 2x5000 mah batteries, as i know from experience. so with a one motor malfunction it shouldn´t trigger, as you would still have controll about where to land - you don´t want to give that up!

i am looking for something that can fullfill all the needs i have, but until now it doesn´t exist as far as i know.

any suggestions?

btw. they don´t discribe how it acctually is triggered at all, with the options shown over here ...

i have read from a guy who has solved all this problems, but he needs more time to present the idea to the world ...

i am waiting! :-)

rené
renricker7 is offline Find More Posts by renricker7
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renricker7 View Post
i like those rescue systems, but i see some things that are not adressed ...

who triggers the rescue system?

is it the pilot? is it hapening by itself? do the motors stop, when triggered, to prevent the lines to get catched by the motors?

how does the copter look after landing on concreteand not on a very think layer of grass?

in my opinion it should be an automatic system, as i probably automaticly would try to correct any happenings prior to a crash, before i would acctually recognice and realise that i am in real trouble. meaning that i would be to slow to get the parachute out as fast as necessary.

but there are a few more things to be managed ...

when does the system trigger? it needs to be triggerd, when some irregularities arise ...

but the s800 can fly with 5 motors full equipped with zenmuse, camera, 2x5000 mah batteries, as i know from experience. so with a one motor malfunction it shouldn´t trigger, as you would still have controll about where to land - you don´t want to give that up!

i am looking for something that can fullfill all the needs i have, but until now it doesn´t exist as far as i know.

any suggestions?

btw. they don´t discribe how it acctually is triggered at all, with the options shown over here ...

i have read from a guy who has solved all this problems, but he needs more time to present the idea to the world ...

i am waiting! :-)

rené
Rene,
you are absolutely right, a parachute system cannot be a dumb system just tiggered by the pilot. It needs to be automatically operational when there is failure including signal loss from the the tx. So it needs a completely seperate circuit and power supply. YOur points are exactly right, it needs to be able switch of all the motors if running it needs to sense if it's a too steep an angle without the pilot and deploy, lots of issues have to be resolved, but I think it should be mandatory for multi's to carry one of these systems to be used professionally. Someone will make a lot of money if thye get it right..... perhaps I should!!
flyingbiscuit1 is offline Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:47 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
just tried a gh3 on a zemuse with a couple of mods it calibrates can't say more at the moment but it looks good for now !

GH3 Zenmuse Calibration (1 min 10 sec)

Boris

(edit) Sorry Zenmuse
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Last edited by BorisSA; Dec 10, 2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:57 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
542 Posts
Bemuse?
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
just tried a gh3 on a zemuse with a couple of mods it calibrates can't say more at the moment but it looks good for now !

https://vimeo.com/55289759

Boris

(edit) Sorry Zenmuse
Awesome Boris!,
I was wondering it it could be used, love to know more about your project as it develops
flyingbiscuit1 is offline Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:54 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
leveling also works for now. Lets see what it does in flight. Just have to get some parts made !

GH3 on Zenmuse Leveling (0 min 20 sec)

end of the week I'm in the air !

Boris
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:28 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
542 Posts
Wow! Any issues with the hdmi converter? Can't wait to see aerial footages.
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:29 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Didn't get to it yet. I was actually playing with the camera now. Did give it any direct attention only fitting it onto the zen the whole day SO now GH3 only time and than sleepy sleep. Tomorrow I will report !

Boris
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:54 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,082 Posts
Quote:
Didn't get to it yet. I was actually playing with the camera now. Did give it any direct attention only fitting it onto the zen the whole day SO now GH3 only time and than sleepy sleep. Tomorrow I will report !

Boris
Boris are you able to send any seeds from that money tree you are growing? I haven't seen anyone on RCG spend money blatantly like you do on the latest and greatest right when it comes out.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:29 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
Try re calibrating the wkm compass. If it works report back here.
Didn't help
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:25 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Boris are you able to send any seeds from that money tree you are growing? I haven't seen anyone on RCG spend money blatantly like you do on the latest and greatest right when it comes out.

Sid real-estate, but I am cramping in as much fun this year since next year will be hell and i won't have a lot of time for my hobbies !
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:06 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
HDMI out GH3 Zenmuse (1 min 27 sec)
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:55 PM
Moscow
Joined Jul 2006
392 Posts
Quote:
..real-estate..
aha Boris, wasnt that you who sold properties in Austria to Moscow's ex-mayor Luzhkov? with the help of his wife he stole about $3billion from municipal budget
mitmit is offline Find More Posts by mitmit