HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:21 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
422 Posts
Are you working on them? I have a friend up in vancouver that might be able to help? It's funny, the first thing out of his mouth when I was telling him about the s800 was "Is there a parachute?" lol. I've seen some videos of a couple guys in the UK trying to make one and saw it work but it wasn't pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
Soon we will all have safety parachutes if something goes wrong.
apvxtreme is offline Find More Posts by apvxtreme
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:24 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
422 Posts
I can see the time saver for transferring over wifi but wonder what kind of battery life you get out of the camera doing that. I charge my nex7 everytime i go out so I have to remove it from the gimbal anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidunknown View Post
I haven't seen anyone specifically ask, but just FYI in case you were wanting to know...

I can confirm that the Zenmuse Z15n works just fine with the new Sony NEX-5R camera. No issues. Transferring pictures over Wi-Fi means I don't have to disconnect my camera from the Zenmuse. A great time-saver.
apvxtreme is offline Find More Posts by apvxtreme
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:26 AM
djiusa.com / uavproducts.com
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvxtreme View Post
Are you working on them? I have a friend up in vancouver that might be able to help? It's funny, the first thing out of his mouth when I was telling him about the s800 was "Is there a parachute?" lol. I've seen some videos of a couple guys in the UK trying to make one and saw it work but it wasn't pretty...
Its in the works with a couple company's that we have NDA's with. That is all I can really say right now but from the test results its pretty cool and it will almost be a mandate for all Multis in the near future I would think.

There are some really cool other things we are working on with company's. Hate to be a tease but as soon as they are ready we will post and have them on our site.

Also (to continue the spam), we are getting rid of the loyalty points and just issuing 5% discount vouchers on all "next orders" for our customers. It is all automated etc.
UAVProducts is online now Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Soon we will all have safety parachutes if something goes wrong.
timeframe? and will they work with a 7kg s800??
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:46 PM
AEM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
1,012 Posts
This has been on Photohigher's site for at least 6 months. Different models for different weights, easily exceeding the weight of a fully loaded s800. About 2500 USD (3000 NZ).

http://www.photohigher.co.nz/product...covery-system/
AEMontoya is online now Find More Posts by AEMontoya
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Custom Futaba 12z Monitor Mount
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:50 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,061 Posts
Can't see that being useful, most pro shoots aren't high enough in the air for it to deploy and be useful. It would be better to have airbags encase the copter some how.
Dolby is online now Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:22 PM
AEM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Can't see that being useful, most pro shoots aren't high enough in the air for it to deploy and be useful. It would be better to have airbags encase the copter some how.
Exactly my thoughts. Somewhere I read about the height the MR would have to be for the chute to be effective; it wasn't very low.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEMontoya View Post
Exactly my thoughts. Somewhere I read about the height the MR would have to be for the chute to be effective; it wasn't very low.
I don't think it has to be very high if it's ballistic
ECILOP rescue parachutes (0 min 56 sec)
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:09 PM
AEM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
I don't think it has to be very high if it's ballistic
http://vimeo.com/49798151
Wow! A lot better than I was expecting. Hope you wouldn't need two of the PH ones, though--5000 USD!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:29 AM
Joined Oct 2011
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckBasher View Post
I have successfully binded 2 SBUS RX R6308SBT and R6303SB no issue. The 6308SBT is connected to RSGS Skyline no issue. Trying this now with Zenmuse, I just need time

If successful assignment something like this (attachment). ADX setup already worked not sure how zenmuse will like it and havent really used the last 2 channel (non proportional)
Somethings not quite right (in a good way). As per Futaba FAQ
http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-14mz-q792.html
Quote:
"Channels 13 and 14 are on/off only, they are not proportional."
http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-14mz-q865.html
Quote:
"...out of thin air four more channels that do not use up valuable servos at the receiver end."
By Right Ch13-14 are DG1 and DG2 but when I configured it it did not work then I tried VC channels (those that are not suppose to be on servo channels of RX) it worked. I was able to use up all 15 CH and I think 16th should work also just cant find my S,bus decoder to assign it.

Setup is R6308SBT
CH1-7 WKM (S.bus port on RX)
CH9-14 Zenmuse (PWM port on RX)
CH15 iOSD (PWM port on RX)

still got CH8 and 16 (possible thru decoder)

I cant find on the 14MZ manual that its a full 16 Channel. Drawback is taht the VC dont have endpoints or cannot be seen on servo monitor. This is good news for one man setup that have the expensive but old radio back to life.

The wiring still a mess but note that both WKM and Zenmuse GCU supplies power to RX so be sure to remove the red wire. I havent consider ground loops yet but after I remove red wire everything seems to work
TruckBasher is online now Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:35 PM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
848 Posts
After installing newest FW, my Z15g has roll drift when panning and even when flying forward.
Before it was rock solid. Anyone have the same issues?
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Oct 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
I have to try this, but does anybody know if we can bind two s bus rx to one TX?

I have been using the sbus on the S800 and the orange RX for the Z15 for a one man setup. However, i hate the one man setup. Way to many switches to remember on one TX. I'm thinking a TX tray with two TX's. Or gut a cheap TX and make a "dashboard" with the internals from the gimbal TX.
I just started a new thread because I want to share/ and would like to see other ideas... named ; FPV Gear Used... share your own Pictures
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post23483278

(radios, video downlinks, tool boxes, etc)

Regards

Roberto
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:10 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadslo View Post
After installing newest FW, my Z15g has roll drift when panning and even when flying forward.
Before it was rock solid. Anyone have the same issues?
Try re calibrating the wkm compass. If it works report back here.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:19 PM
PolynÚsie franšaise, ╬les du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
timeframe? and will they work with a 7kg s800??
Opale have three models up to 8kg and open as low as 5 meters !!
Rescue System - Multirotor - Opale Paramodels (6 min 51 sec)
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:21 PM
AEM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
Opale have three models up to 8kg and open as low as 5 meters !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX91q967u70&feature=plcp
Seems to open just as quickly as the ballistic one. And it probably costs a lot less and is cheaper and easier to reload. Probably weighs less, too. Nice find!
RCG Plus Member