Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined May 2005
1,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
300ft is transmitting distance assuming no interference I am sure. Is that enough for your outdoor happening? Not sure what you'll be doing but if it involves the general public in mass 300ft is danger close.
I will not be flying more than 20-50 meters max.
There is a scene and 2 big screens on each side.

And I will be flying behind and on the side of the crowd (not above them directly)
then transmit video from the sky.

the area itself is not big.

But to transfer HDMI i think i cannot use the z15 there is no way to put a HDMI cable from the zen, because it`s converted to composite !!

well guess I can fly with the s800 and hard mount the nex directly
liteglow is offline Find More Posts by liteglow
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:54 PM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
You should consider Reading this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1784670

I will post a vídeo in a few minutes.
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:49 PM
Joined May 2005
1,165 Posts
I will never attach any cable to my s800!
That is insane!
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:50 PM
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
is it?...
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
You are probably right lol... remember this vídeo?
DJI Hexa f550 lost over the Pacific (4 min 18 sec)
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:54 PM
Joined Apr 2012
482 Posts
Question, does anyone know of a good pancake lens (or any that fits the z15 gh2) thats is over 20 mm?. I would like the option of getting tighter shots, I understand It has to be re balanced but it would be nice to have that option

thanks
flyingbiscuit1 is offline Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:10 PM
Joined Oct 2011
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by semich View Post
You are probably right lol... remember this vídeo? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8LYQgHb15U
That video has lots of confusing things he said on the comments GPS was not working but on video he say he triggered home lock. I think its pilot's error that he triggered IOC not home lock then lost orientation. When multi was facing him he keeps on moving away, it was until the multi turned tail in the he felt pulling elevator back did the multi started coming back. From video of the flight it looks more like lost of orientation than runaway multi. Which confirms the comments on your thread that most of the time pilot error is the gremlin. Having said that safety protocol is still a priority. Pre-flights, briefing personnel involve if something happen, flight plan and a emergency landing spot is needed. I think its more unsafe to put a tow line on a multi than safety. there are too many unsafe penalty like if the slack is too loose and it get caught in the blades or slack gets snag and pulled the multi unintended. You'll be safer to put a cable zip-line and put the cam on board than flying a multi with cables. just my opinion i guess..
TruckBasher is online now Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:42 AM
Joined May 2005
1,165 Posts
talking about a wire to strap on the copter ( ? sound strange to me )
But what about replace that wire with a power cable and video signal.

Than you could stay hovering for hours transmitting LIVE video feed :-)
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:27 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
TruckBasher is right, I remember that video from when it was posted. It was pilot error.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:10 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,845 Posts
Soon we will all have safety parachutes if something goes wrong.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:52 AM
Joined Oct 2011
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
talking about a wire to strap on the copter ( ? sound strange to me )
But what about replace that wire with a power cable and video signal.

Than you could stay hovering for hours transmitting LIVE video feed :-)
I like this idea hehe....too bad the cable would weigh more than the multi lol
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:52 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
412 Posts
Uh oh... Retracable legs and no switch? I've been going over this setup again and again, was just about to order everything and then it hit me when you said "1 spare channel left unused (can't use it anyway, no switches left)" So instead of using the 8FG the only other option I see is the 18MZ but damn $3000 isn't gonna fall out of the sky... The other thing I noticed is if you want to dismantle the bird you have to unplug all of the rx wires from zenmuse... Right now I'm setup with a Spektrum DX18, 9020rx and XPlus8 channel expander. I love the XPlus8 because it sits beside zenmuse and I only have one wire to unplug that goes to my main rx but I still need to be able to run two tx's on demand... Big shoot coming up very soon and it has to be solid. Any other thoughts or ideas?

--

Ok, just got off the phone with spektrum, I won't be able to switch control mid flight but with another 9020 rx and DX7S I could simply choose before take off and plug in the appropriate rx to the z15 depending on 1 or 2 man operation. This sounds like the simplest and most affordable solution to me for now. (still drueling over the 18MZ) I don't want to lose the expansion module simply because when I take the legs off again, it's only one wire going to the main rx. This is going to get a little trickier once the retracts come in as I don't want them wired into the xplus8 giving the camera man control of them but then again, I guess it isn't a really big deal. as I do have one open channel left on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidunknown View Post
Sure. It sounds difficult when explaining, but its actually quite simple. You will need a Futaba WTR-7, Futaba 6014 receiver and a second Futaba FASST Tx (obviously).

I am doing this with a Futaba 8FG (WKM) and T7C (Zenmuse).

1) Wire up your receiver to both WKM and Zenmuse.

2) Map all of your Zenmuse controls to a single Tx for 1 man operation. I use the Futaba 6014 14-CH receiver for this. The 6014 receiver is split, Channels 1-7 go to my WKM, channels 8-13 go to my Zenmuse. 1 spare channel left unused (can't use it anyways, no swtiches left).

3) Plug the WTR-7 into the Tx you wish to use as the student Tx (controlling the Zenmuse) and bind the Tx to it.

4) Plug the WTR-7 into your trainer Tx (WKM) and map a switch to allow student transmitter control.

5) Map Zenmuse channels to student channels using the FUNC option.

Configured this way, you can have 1 pilot operation. Or you can flip the trainer switch and turn on the second transmitter and instantly add a second pilot. No reconfiguration necessary. Futaba says the WTR-7 will work up to 33 feet away, I think it will work much farther but 33 feet is plenty.

I'll try and get some pictures of how I have mine set up.

I thought about doing that too. My concern though, is that according to the new Zenmuse Manual for firmware 1.0.18, Zenmuse controls are hard coded to certain channels. With a traditional Rx you can just swap wires and choose what goes where. Can you do that with SBUS? How would you tell SBUS to use Channels 8-14 for the Zenmuse? If there is a way, I'm on board and I'll get one right now.

DJI Manual Says:
S-Bus/PPM Channels GCU Channel
1 ROLL
2 TILT
4 PAN
7 MODE
5 SHUT
8 AUX1
9 AUX2
6 AUX3

If, when using SBUS, zenmuse takes over channels 1-9 only, how would you fly?

Using the method above, you can.
apvxtreme is offline Find More Posts by apvxtreme
Last edited by apvxtreme; Dec 08, 2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: more info
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:56 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,845 Posts
I have to try this, but does anybody know if we can bind two s bus rx to one TX?

I have been using the sbus on the S800 and the orange RX for the Z15 for a one man setup. However, i hate the one man setup. Way to many switches to remember on one TX. I'm thinking a TX tray with two TX's. Or gut a cheap TX and make a "dashboard" with the internals from the gimbal TX.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:02 AM
Joined Oct 2011
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvxtreme View Post
The other thing I noticed is if you want to dismantle the bird you have to unplug all of the rx wires from zenmuse... Right now I'm setup with a Spektrum DX18, 9020rx and XPlus8 channel expander. I love the XPlus8 because it sits beside zenmuse and I only have one wire to unplug that goes to my main rx but I still need to be able to run two tx's on demand... Big shoot coming up very soon and it has to be solid. Any other thoughts or ideas?
I cant comment on 8FG running out of switch. But with the 14SG coming it will be a nice setup but still 14CH (12+2). Im doing a same setup now with my 14MZ and plan to reuse CH8 via SBUS decoder. So 1-7 for WKM and 8-14 shared on zenmuse/retract/iosd. I am still trying it just got side track a bit but if it works I have the RX on the LG so there is only one cable going to WKM MC that I need to remove if need to dismantle.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Oct 2011
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
I have to try this, but does anybody know if we can bind two s bus rx to one TX?

I have been using the sbus on the S800 and the orange RX for the Z15 for a one man setup. However, i hate the one man setup. Way to many switches to remember on one TX. I'm thinking a TX tray with two TX's. Or gut a cheap TX and make a "dashboard" with the internals from the gimbal TX.
I have successfully binded 2 SBUS RX R6308SBT and R6303SB no issue. The 6308SBT is connected to RSGS Skyline no issue. Trying this now with Zenmuse, I just need time

If successful assignment something like this (attachment). ADX setup already worked not sure how zenmuse will like it and havent really used the last 2 channel (non proportional)