HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:06 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
New retracts coming looks interesting and the price is almost half DJI's powered from the RX, they say about 3 more weeks

----------------
New retractable set for the S800:

S800 RDDS Retractable direct drive system

Easy to rebuild your existing set.
NO servo,s of poor quality , instead we use Direct Drive system, no metal links or springs like original system links!
Feed directly from Receiver max power needed is 200 mAh for the complete system and simple to use by a single switch .

Black anodised and hardened alloy CNC machined NO plastic

http://www.pimp-your-kopter.de/frame...-fuer-s800.php

--------------------------
flyingbiscuit1 is offline Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:23 AM
Joined Aug 2011
190 Posts
Anyone using graupner hott for the zenmuse? How many volts does the telemetry shows?
Because I get quite often alarm sounds from the camera radio that receiver has almost empty battery.
miza is offline Find More Posts by miza
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:18 AM
Namibia, Khomas, Windhoek
Joined Jul 2012
187 Posts
Reality has just set in: The courier will deliver my Zenmuse in the morning! Oh boy am I nervous!!!
Chilli Paste is offline Find More Posts by Chilli Paste
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:59 AM
United States, MI, Mt Pleasant
Joined Nov 2010
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renricker7 View Post
could you please share in words what has changed? i do have the nex-7, but i can´t see a difference just by watching.

would be kind to let me know!

rené
I usually always talk in my videos, but disabled the audio because of too many kids making a ruckus in the background.

The new firmware gets rid of the screen that says "Processing" after taking a picture before it shows it on the screen (or vtx downlink). This improvement really only help if you use an image review setting.
swarfworks is offline Find More Posts by swarfworks
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Dec 2010
65 Posts
Shot this video at a local Cars and Coffee event. It was my first real outing with the S800 and Zenmuse. Lots of ways to improve, overall not a bad first video.

Bakersfield Cars and Coffee (1 min 46 sec)
voidunknown is offline Find More Posts by voidunknown
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:58 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Wow. One FOD and you would lose your assuming you only hit someones car. Hit a person and it's game over.

Am I the only person that is afraid to fly over the general publics head?
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:08 PM
Photographer in Stockholm
Joined Sep 2012
23 Posts
Need a good Liability insurance to be fully covered.
6kg falling with cf props spinning is like a rocket from Gaza to Jerusalem.
I wouldnt go that way, to reckless and selfish flying imo.
Raggarn is offline Find More Posts by Raggarn
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:19 PM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Wow. One FOD and you would lose your assuming you only hit someones car. Hit a person and it's game over.

Am I the only person that is afraid to fly over the general publics head?
No your not, safety first only those involved in the production get near my 800, and thats not my rule that's the aviation authorities rule.
flyingbiscuit1 is offline Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:07 PM
Joined Oct 2012
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renricker7 View Post
could you please share in words what has changed? i do have the nex-7, but i can´t see a difference just by watching.

would be kind to let me know!

rené
... Sony Nex7 firmware review:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/10...A37-A57-A65-A7

Regards

Roberto
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:59 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
541 Posts
A Fishing Village In Taal Lake (2 min 25 sec)

A fishing town, 3 hours south of Manila.
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:01 AM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruiz View Post
... Sony Nex7 firmware review:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/10...A37-A57-A65-A7

Regards

Roberto
thanks!

rené
renricker7 is online now Find More Posts by renricker7
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:12 PM
Croatia, Slavonski Brod-Posavina, Slavonski Brod
Joined Nov 2009
96 Posts
hi i have s800 zenmuse gh2.

this is my first flight.
prvi let (1 min 29 sec)

I didn't used 2nd remote control. zenmuse was only connected to wookong. Zenmuse and wookong are updated with last firmware. I am happy since it was first flight but still i noticed a lot of jello in video. I am using gains suggested by DJI for S800+zenmuse. battery that i used is 6s gensace 10000mAh. Since i saw a lot of videos regarding s800 and z15 i saw that all of them are smooth with out jello effect .

Can u suggest what can i do in my config to remove jello so i can get nice videos like all of u.

gains? balancing props? move a bit z15 forward or backward? pls give me some suggestions so i can fly and record without jello

tnx and cheers
banga is offline Find More Posts by banga
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:18 PM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banga View Post

this is my first flight.
http://vimeo.com/54430330

I didn't used 2nd remote control. zenmuse was only connected to wookong. Zenmuse and wookong are updated with last firmware. I am happy since it was first flight but still i noticed a lot of jello in video. I am using gains suggested by DJI for S800+zenmuse. battery that i used is 6s gensace 10000mAh. Since i saw a lot of videos regarding s800 and z15 i saw that all of them are smooth with out jello effect .

Can u suggest what can i do in my config to remove jello so i can get nice videos like all of u.

gains? balancing props? move a bit z15 forward or backward? pls give me some suggestions so i can fly and record without jello

tnx and cheers
Interesting... do you use the ring to support the lens? is the lens the one supported (due balance)? are you using the recommended settings - at the end of the documentation? can you take pictures of the zenmuse with the camera on?
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:29 PM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Mar 2008
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banga View Post

this is my first flight.
http://vimeo.com/54430330

tnx and cheers
I also had jello on my stock S800 with the Nex-5n. There where a LOT of high frequency vibes. Didn't look to bad until i touched it in flight. I changed to XOAR props (you need to balance them) and stiffened up the arms. Since then no more jello.
Iceman575 is offline Find More Posts by Iceman575
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:14 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
banga what type of memory card are you using? Size and Class plz.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites