HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:06 PM
KittyKatt
Joined May 2012
50 Posts
Regarding DJI cables can someone help with this: the data link cable with the double ends, the one that you are instructed to plug into the laptops to get more juice for the Data link ground station TX. When I do as instructed it shuts down the computer and shorts out the USB ports. I have totaled two new laptops (one replaced by Best Buys) and tried it out on four different computers from three different manufacturers. Also two different DATA links.. Both 2.4 and900mhz. Something is really wrong! Please someone help. After my 550 flew off a week ago(as in bye bye) I have been trying to go thru my US dealer, Century Helicopters with no answers !! coming from anyone. Seems the S800 is not the only issue they are hiding from.
Kattinkc is offline Find More Posts by Kattinkc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:09 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,266 Posts
I am not sure how you shorted out the USB ports. The dual connectors are for older computers that cannot supply sufficient power for the Data Link. I use an HP netbook and tried to use both connections but the ports are on the opposite sides of the computer. Talked to DJI and was told if it works with one, just use it. Your's is the first post that I remember seeing with this problem. I do remember your issues with the SN number needed to get the Data Link running. I will have to go back and see if I missed something in-between.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:15 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,266 Posts
Kattinkc, This is what you posted before:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=13188

What happened? You said that you were up an running.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Aug 2011
190 Posts
Why you can't put other cameras on Zenmuse gimbal designed for the nex5?
miza is offline Find More Posts by miza
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:41 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,266 Posts
If you read this and other threads in RCG and MRF you would know. The balance is critical to the performance of this gimbal. That is why they lock not only the body of the camera to the mount but also run the lens through a mount that attaches to the gimbal.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:04 PM
by Alary Design
Mesa, AZ
Joined May 2002
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Why you can't put other cameras on Zenmuse gimbal designed for the nex5?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=125
Photoship One is offline Find More Posts by Photoship One
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:06 PM
Joined Aug 2011
190 Posts
Thanks for the answer!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:45 PM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,423 Posts
Here a video from today, did some really fast forward flights, but does not really look that fast in the video ...

Z15 Videoblog 20120711 (5 min 3 sec)

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:17 PM
Joined Aug 2011
190 Posts
EndOfDays, is that raw footage? Overall it looks very smooth! Shot on 16mm, right?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:24 PM
Orange County Ca
Joined Nov 2003
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
Here a video from today, did some really fast forward flights, but does not really look that fast in the video ...

https://vimeo.com/45590598

best regards

Ferdinand
Is this on the S800 after the ESC replacement?
Hangerash is offline Find More Posts by Hangerash
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:46 AM
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Aug 2011
175 Posts
Question for you Z15 owners regarding the cables. The cables that go to G6 and G8 on the GCU from the gimbal... are there only plugs on the GCU side? Or can you unplug those cables from the gimbal itself? From the diagram it looks like you can removed the G6 cable but not the G8... is that correct? I ask because I'm mounting all my hardware between the S800 plates and I want to leave room for the GCU (FRIDAY!), but I need to know if you have to access the G6 and G8 ports on the GCU to remove the gimbal from the S800. Make sense?
skivvie is offline Find More Posts by skivvie
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:25 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,423 Posts
@miza
all raw data out of the cam (just jut and exported)

@Hangerash
no, it's another copter (carbon hex with 800mm m2m dist)

@skivvie
I would mount the Z15-IMU on the Z15 (there is enough space there), then you only need to disconnect the servo-cables (you can add an MPX-connector) and the WKM-bus cable. The G6-G8 are not made to be disconnected a lot of times.

best regards

Ferdnand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:44 AM
Australia, New South Wales, St Leonards
Joined Aug 2009
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post

https://vimeo.com/45590598

best regards

Ferdinand
Ferdinand

Tour of France will be in the Alps tomorrow, not far from you, can you take your Z15 shoot some video for us and give French TV run for their money, ha
piccoloflyer is offline Find More Posts by piccoloflyer
Old Jul 12, 2012, 05:02 AM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
541 Posts
Love it, Ferdinand! I can't wait to get one. Still waiting for order procedure from our local dealer here in Manila. (Is this still on pre-order basis?) I'm contemplating whether to install on an octo-kong, or our E-helicam with Ace One. Thanks for posting the vids. =)
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:01 AM
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Aug 2011
175 Posts
So the GCU doesn't have any mounting orientation requirements?... At least not that I see in the manual. Mounting on the support frame sounds like a good solution for easy removal. Where has everyone who has one mounted theirs? Thanks for the help I can't f'n wait.
skivvie is offline Find More Posts by skivvie