HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:35 AM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadslo View Post
I have installed new radio (mx 16 hott) for the Z15G and upgraded FW.

And now I get this behaviour. Maybe 1 of 20 tries it calibrates and work ok.

Even in Assistant lights are blinking.
I also tried to downgrade FW and get the same behaviour. But I have managed to set correct radio settings.

Can someone help me with this issue?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VqHJ...ature=youtu.be
Un power the TX vídeo and let us know if it solved the problem.
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:46 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
857 Posts
I found the problem. I unplugged the video TX and now it calibrates ok. It seems that video TX is using to much power? But that is weird. Because I had lots of flights with this TX already installed.

I have 5.8 600mw immersion TX
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:48 AM
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadslo View Post
I found the problem. I unplugged the video TX and now it calibrates ok. It seems that video TX is using to much power? But that is weird. Because I had lots of flights with this TX already installed.

I have 5.8 600mw immersion TX
You founded the problem? or I asked you to unplug the power of it? yes, it seems to happen, maybe the TX specs are not correct are consuming a bit more than it should.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:49 AM
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
One more thing, did you installed DJI OSD recently?
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:49 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
857 Posts
Thanks for the tip to unplug it Sorry for my ignorance. I was quite mad at my Z15

No, I do not own OSD
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:03 AM
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
It's not ignorance, it took me a while to find this out. Start to happen even more after installing the OSD.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:09 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
542 Posts
The hdmi connector on my z15 is failing. It needs to be pushed in and out of the nex5's port to get a signal. I hope DJI improved this in their v2 of the video module.
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:10 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
The hdmi connector on my z15 is failing. It needs to be pushed in and out of the nex5's port to get a signal. I hope DJI improved this in their v2 of the video module.
I always thought the connector was a tad delicate but haven't had an issue my self yet. So you tested it with a standard hdmi cable and the nex5 doesn't fail to be sure?
Dolby is online now Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Dolby; Nov 24, 2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
Have you tried to re solder it? kidding
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:00 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
I always thought the connector was a tad delicate but haven't had an issue my self yet. So you tested it with a standard hdmi cable and the nex5 doesn't fail to be sure?
Hi. Yes, I tried it with a standard HDMI connector and it's working fine. A couple of hard landings cause the video signal to flicker. I think that connector is a bit flimsy. I wish stuff like these can be user replaceable.

@ semich
No, I don't want to re-solder that. Lol!!
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:55 PM
Joined Oct 2012
407 Posts
Someone could share a picture of the new HDMI module? Our dealers have them , already?

Thanks

Roberto
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:03 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,208 Posts
I'm not finding much written info on the gimbal so I'm going to ask here, if someone has the link for a manual would be awesome. You guys are saying about a HDMI connector in the gimbal, so does that connector also converts the signal to SD so I can hook up my own video Tx or is this another DJI proprietary thing and I have to get there video Tx or do I then have to go strait to the camera.
Sniperp is offline Find More Posts by Sniperp
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:02 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,814 Posts
You can use your own vTx. There is really nothing super special about the DJI ones. There is a video out from the GCU.

Here is the latest manual and a link to the wiki, http://wiki.dji-innovations.com/en/i...hp/Zenmuse_Z15.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:06 AM
Joined Jul 2008
129 Posts
Is anyone having issues with their video flickering purple? It seems much more consistant now after I sent my gimbal back to DJI.

Adding this issue on top of not being able to transmit in NTSC almost has me giving up on this gimbal. I can't count on it to be reliable for my shoots. It seems like theres always something not functioning properly. And the gimbal is so locked down that there isn't much one can do to diagnose or even fix the little issues that creep up.

I also wish that DJI would be more responsive. I'm blown away that they haven't addressed the NTSC issue in the recent firmware update. I understood that the whole s800 FOD compass stuff would take priority over this but now that that's solved I would hope that they could put some cycles into refining this gimbal for what it's advertised as.
blbills is offline Find More Posts by blbills
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:10 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,814 Posts
That is what the V2 of the HDMI converter is for. It solves that problem.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800