HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:28 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
532 Posts
To those with GH2 Z15s, do you have any issues with the hacked firmware? With regards to HDMI out? Thanks!
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:33 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,207 Posts
That have me another question. Which I the cameras is easiest to get video out for FPV flying?
Sniperp is online now Find More Posts by Sniperp
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:37 AM
Joined Apr 2005
64 Posts
Thank you voidunknown that really helps. It would be nice if we could do the same with 2 sbus wires!
rock11 is offline Find More Posts by rock11
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:06 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
811 Posts
gh2
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:34 PM
Joined Oct 2012
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voidunknown View Post
Here is a shot of the 6014 receiver. You can see where my servo wires go back into the S800 and connect to the WKM and the rest running to the Zenmuse.

I used some servo extension cables and labeled them for easy connect/disconnect of the S800 body from the landing gear. There are 6 cables to connect each time. It works, but I would rather have just 1 SBUS cable instead.

Futaba wireless trainer module connected to trainer Tx via trainer port.

Mapped trainer channels using the FUNC option on Trainer Tx. Here you can change mappings to your student Tx to be whatever channels you want.

Trainer switch set to SB. When I flip the switch, it sends channels that I mapped to the student Tx.

Currently is awsome the idea, congratulations !!
Regards
Roberto
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:59 PM
Joined Apr 2010
586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
To those with GH2 Z15s, do you have any issues with the hacked firmware? With regards to HDMI out? Thanks!
No problem at all, just put it at pall.
hugy is offline Find More Posts by hugy
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:43 PM
Lost in the wind
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
agree.. I took all my Toyota in for a manufacturers recall, and each time, the dealer provided free car rental. I assume dealer got reimburse someway/how by Toyota.

KS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
You do if it crashes because of a manufacturing defect.
ksrimoungchanh is offline Find More Posts by ksrimoungchanh
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:19 PM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
I think this was already discussed, but can't find it.

Is there a way to lock the roll? without locking the pan and tilt? If I disconnect the channel of the roll, the software will say disconnected but sometimes it will drift.
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined Dec 2010
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by semich View Post
I think this was already discussed, but can't find it.

Is there a way to lock the roll? without locking the pan and tilt? If I disconnect the channel of the roll, the software will say disconnected but sometimes it will drift.
Odd, my roll is disconnected and I dont have any drift problems. I think you only need roll connected if you want to control the roll axis. Gimbal stabilization is handled by the CAN bus connector going from the WKM to your Zenmuse. You should be able to disconnect everything but the power and CAN bus from your zenmuse and have completely stabilized video (just no zenmuse controls).
voidunknown is offline Find More Posts by voidunknown
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:50 PM
Joined Dec 2010
65 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a way to limit the zenmuse pitch (tilt) axis when in Orientation-locked mode? I don't want the pitch axis to rotate 360 degrees. Instead I would like to have it locked proportionally to the channel controlling it. Essentially, I want it to behave like the pan axis when in orientation-locked mode. Is this possible? I can't be the only person wanting to do this...
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:25 PM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
Quote:
Odd, my roll is disconnected and I dont have any drift problems. I think you only need roll connected if you want to control the roll axis. Gimbal stabilization is handled by the CAN bus connector going from the WKM to your Zenmuse. You should be able to disconnect everything but the power and CAN bus from your zenmuse and have completely stabilized video (just no zenmuse controls).
hmm ok, I tried without the arms plugged, and no gps signal, I will try again will the MC steady with the arms. Thks!
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:30 PM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Mar 2008
158 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone know if there is a way to limit the zenmuse pitch (tilt) axis when in Orientation-locked mode? I don't want the pitch axis to rotate 360 degrees. Instead I would like to have it locked proportionally to the channel controlling it. Essentially, I want it to behave like the pan axis when in orientation-locked mode. Is this possible? I can't be the only person wanting to do this...
Not possible to limit any travels.
Iceman575 is offline Find More Posts by Iceman575
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:36 PM
Joined Dec 2010
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman575 View Post
Not possible to limit any travels.
Really? How is this not an option? Seems important, but overlooked.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:49 PM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperp View Post
That have me another question. Which I the cameras is easiest to get video out for FPV flying?
I haven't used the GH2, which apparently has an issue with recording and transmitting throught the Z-15 in NTSC (and I'm in a PAL area in any case) but I have used the NEX-5N and NEX-7 and both are quite straightforward to set up for video transmission.
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Last edited by RedSky; Nov 23, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:23 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
811 Posts
I have installed new radio (mx 16 hott) for the Z15G and upgraded FW.

And now I get this behaviour. Maybe 1 of 20 tries it calibrates and work ok.

Even in Assistant lights are blinking.
I also tried to downgrade FW and get the same behaviour. But I have managed to set correct radio settings.

Can someone help me with this issue?

00011 (0 min 21 sec)
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo