HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:33 PM
Joined Mar 2010
119 Posts
I was using NTSC until I discovered recently that I must turn my camera to PAL HDMI output to get a color image down. I didn't realize it recorded PAL until after I put my video on my pc and started editing.

I think I'm going to just deal with the B&W video downlink and avoid pal. I just need the video for framing the shot.
TioDave is offline Find More Posts by TioDave
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:14 PM
Joined Dec 2010
65 Posts
Context: I have a 6014 hooked up to my S800/WKM with CH1-7 going to the WKM and CH8-14 going to the Zenmuse. I also have the Futaba Wireless Trainer System for 2 man operation. This works great.

With the new firmware (1.0.18) would it be possible to use a single R6208SB and send one SBUS connection to the WKM and another SBUS connection to the Zenmuse? I know the R6208SB has a single SBUS connector, but maybe there is some kind of splitter? What about channel mapping?

Just thinking, it would be nice to only connect a single SBUS wire to the WKM instead of 7 servo cables each time I take the body apart from the landing gear.
voidunknown is offline Find More Posts by voidunknown
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:46 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,166 Posts
I velcro the receiver to the legs. I only have to disconnect one can bus connector.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:02 PM
Joined Apr 2005
64 Posts
Voidunkown- can you explain how you are using the futaba trainer to use two man operation with one reciever? Can you do one man operation as well?
Thanks.
rock11 is offline Find More Posts by rock11
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:59 AM
Danmark, Sjælland, Gørlev
Joined Jul 2008
204 Posts
Just orded me a Futaba R6202SBW RX....
You got 2 s-bus ports on it... think that will do the job for the wkm and Z15
rsun77 is offline Find More Posts by rsun77
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:20 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
never had to worry about maxing out my radio channels over the years until now.
Seems ill be needing 21 channel radio soon. Plus 6 months to memorise radio switch functions. True pilot style.

All I want for Christmas is mi 2 front teeth.

Hoping Santa comes to town this year with wkm ad on module for more rx out puts.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:52 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,166 Posts
Hexa, just use two transmitters and grow two more arms. Aren't you evolving with the sport?
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:42 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voidunknown View Post
Context: I have a 6014 hooked up to my S800/WKM with CH1-7 going to the WKM and CH8-14 going to the Zenmuse. I also have the Futaba Wireless Trainer System for 2 man operation. This works great.

With the new firmware (1.0.18) would it be possible to use a single R6208SB and send one SBUS connection to the WKM and another SBUS connection to the Zenmuse? I know the R6208SB has a single SBUS connector, but maybe there is some kind of splitter? What about channel mapping?

Just thinking, it would be nice to only connect a single SBUS wire to the WKM instead of 7 servo cables each time I take the body apart from the landing gear.
Damn, knew I should have bought the 18mz... I wonder if spektrum has a wireless trainer. I'm still a couple jobs away from upgrading radio gear but would love the ability to switch on a dedicated gimbal tx for my camera man.
apvxtreme is offline Find More Posts by apvxtreme
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:09 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
532 Posts
Made a little cinematic touch to our aerial inspection at a construction site.
Cinematographic Inspection(Aerial Shots) (1 min 52 sec)
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:25 PM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
GREAT! love the animation at the end
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Hexa, just use two transmitters and grow two more arms. Aren't you evolving with the sport?
Am so jealous of this guy
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
Made a little cinematic touch to our aerial inspection at a construction site.
https://vimeo.com/54094138
very nice
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Dec 2010
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock11 View Post
Voidunkown- can you explain how you are using the futaba trainer to use two man operation with one reciever? Can you do one man operation as well?
Thanks.
Sure. It sounds difficult when explaining, but its actually quite simple. You will need a Futaba WTR-7, Futaba 6014 receiver and a second Futaba FASST Tx (obviously).

I am doing this with a Futaba 8FG (WKM) and T7C (Zenmuse).

1) Wire up your receiver to both WKM and Zenmuse.

2) Map all of your Zenmuse controls to a single Tx for 1 man operation. I use the Futaba 6014 14-CH receiver for this. The 6014 receiver is split, Channels 1-7 go to my WKM, channels 8-13 go to my Zenmuse. 1 spare channel left unused (can't use it anyways, no swtiches left).

3) Plug the WTR-7 into the Tx you wish to use as the student Tx (controlling the Zenmuse) and bind the Tx to it.

4) Plug the WTR-7 into your trainer Tx (WKM) and map a switch to allow student transmitter control.

5) Map Zenmuse channels to student channels using the FUNC option.

Configured this way, you can have 1 pilot operation. Or you can flip the trainer switch and turn on the second transmitter and instantly add a second pilot. No reconfiguration necessary. Futaba says the WTR-7 will work up to 33 feet away, I think it will work much farther but 33 feet is plenty.

I'll try and get some pictures of how I have mine set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsun77 View Post
Just orded me a Futaba R6202SBW RX....
You got 2 s-bus ports on it... think that will do the job for the wkm and Z15
I thought about doing that too. My concern though, is that according to the new Zenmuse Manual for firmware 1.0.18, Zenmuse controls are hard coded to certain channels. With a traditional Rx you can just swap wires and choose what goes where. Can you do that with SBUS? How would you tell SBUS to use Channels 8-14 for the Zenmuse? If there is a way, I'm on board and I'll get one right now.

DJI Manual Says:
S-Bus/PPM Channels GCU Channel
1 ROLL
2 TILT
4 PAN
7 MODE
5 SHUT
8 AUX1
9 AUX2
6 AUX3

If, when using SBUS, zenmuse takes over channels 1-9 only, how would you fly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvxtreme View Post
Damn, knew I should have bought the 18mz... I wonder if spektrum has a wireless trainer. I'm still a couple jobs away from upgrading radio gear but would love the ability to switch on a dedicated gimbal tx for my camera man.
Using the method above, you can.
Last edited by voidunknown; Nov 22, 2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined Dec 2010
65 Posts
Here is a shot of the 6014 receiver. You can see where my servo wires go back into the S800 and connect to the WKM and the rest running to the Zenmuse.

I used some servo extension cables and labeled them for easy connect/disconnect of the S800 body from the landing gear. There are 6 cables to connect each time. It works, but I would rather have just 1 SBUS cable instead.

Futaba wireless trainer module connected to trainer Tx via trainer port.

Mapped trainer channels using the FUNC option on Trainer Tx. Here you can change mappings to your student Tx to be whatever channels you want.

Trainer switch set to SB. When I flip the switch, it sends channels that I mapped to the student Tx.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:17 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,206 Posts
For doing only filming what is the better camera. Then Nex 5/7 or the GH2. Looking at getting the full s800/zenmuse setup and just wondering what gimbal and camera to get for shooting video.
Sniperp is offline Find More Posts by Sniperp