HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Oct 2012
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
Here my first video of an "event", ... taken with the Z15, Sony Nex5N and 24mm Sonnar:

https://vimeo.com/52386599

best regards

Ferdinand

One thing I donīt like about zenmuse is that "robotic" look specially when paning , I hope dji will smooth the movement at itīs end to make that fluid nice sensation that donīt have by the moment ................
toberal is offline Find More Posts by toberal
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:27 PM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Here my first video of an "event", ... taken with the Z15, Sony Nex5N and 24mm Sonnar:

best regards

Ferdinand
Very nice Ferdinand - beautiful country and great flying too - did you have someone controlling the gimbal for you or did you do it all yourself?

Edit: - If you're short of a channel for POI then you must have only one controller - makes the flying/camera handling even more impressive.
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toberal View Post
One thing I donīt like about zenmuse is that "robotic" look specially when paning , I hope dji will smooth the movement at itīs end to make that fluid nice sensation that donīt have by the moment ................
Yes, and you'd think it wouldn't be difficult to have "soft" start and stop for manual gimbal movements written into the firmware.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:09 PM
Joined Jul 2008
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
Yes, and you'd think it wouldn't be difficult to have "soft" start and stop for manual gimbal movements written into the firmware.
Yes, I've asked DJI (Colin) for this as well. In the video industry it's called ramping. I hope that it's incorporated at some point. Colin was of the opinion that it wasn't needed but I disagree.
blbills is offline Find More Posts by blbills
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:45 PM
Freehold, USA
Joined Jan 2008
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blbills View Post
Yes, I've asked DJI (Colin) for this as well. In the video industry it's called ramping. I hope that it's incorporated at some point. Colin was of the opinion that it wasn't needed but I disagree.
^^^ +1 the problem is these guys are clueless as to what is needed in the filming industry, frustrating as hell! They're really good techie geeks but artists they are not.
DorianJ is offline Find More Posts by DorianJ
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blbills View Post
Hmmm - yes, Colin needs some educating about film making. Among videographers the ability to smoothly start and stop a fluid head pan is something you must learn if you want to get work.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:24 PM
Moyock, NC
Joined Jun 2005
67 Posts
@ Robert - UAVProducts

Have you heard anything from DJI regarding the HDMI converter? Have they communicated with you at all about replacing the GH2 units so that people can use NTSC instead of PAL?

I am also wondering if anyone else has been suffering from vibration in their video while carrying some speed or while flying in the wind. I don't know if the props vibrate more, or if some of it is turbulence around the camera and gimbal. It is really a problem for me. I have been shooting around the oceanfront and there is always some wind.
ghostrider2005 is offline Find More Posts by ghostrider2005
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:48 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider2005 View Post
@ Robert - UAVProducts

Have you heard anything from DJI regarding the HDMI converter? Have they communicated with you at all about replacing the GH2 units so that people can use NTSC instead of PAL?

I am also wondering if anyone else has been suffering from vibration in their video while carrying some speed or while flying in the wind. I don't know if the props vibrate more, or if some of it is turbulence around the camera and gimbal. It is really a problem for me. I have been shooting around the oceanfront and there is always some wind.
So is it possible that all ntsc users will have to return there Z15 because of this fault?
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider2005 View Post
@ Robert - UAVProducts

Yes I get noticable vibration during wind, you can see it clearly on the legs of the copter... I was just wondering if that was "normal"
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:58 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
426 Posts
Very nicely done! How did you keep your lipo's warm? I know they don't like the cold weather. I'm looking into it because we have some months of snow coming and I have flying to do!!!

I know you are flying Zenmuse, is this also with the S800?

Jason

Quote:

best regards

Ferdinand
apvxtreme is offline Find More Posts by apvxtreme
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:01 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
426 Posts
and here I was hoping when I got my rig I would be able to plug camera movement subroutines into my TX... There are a few moves I would like to pre-program but alas.... Keep me in the loop!

Jay
apvxtreme is offline Find More Posts by apvxtreme
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:44 AM
Joined Jul 2012
449 Posts
Quote:

best regards

Ferdinand

Great video! On the DJI website it shows they only support the 16mm pancake for the z15. How did you go about calibrating a much heavier lens?

Best,

Tom
tombrown1 is offline Find More Posts by tombrown1
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Oct 2012
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianJ View Post
^^^ +1 the problem is these guys are clueless as to what is needed in the filming industry, frustrating as hell! They're really good techie geeks but artists they are not.
+1
for them it īs very easy to implement that adjustable "rump" in the code if they want .... MK and Hoverfly gimbal have it ..
Another interesting option is the ability to choose between angle velocity ( as used at cranes ) or angle position ( best for fpv or one man operation ) , these means that when you move your slider to a given position at the Tx it can be a speed command for the zenmuse ( at it is now ) or it can be a given angle ( much better for one man operation and fpv flying ) ... always stabilized of course ........ Hoverfly gimbal have this option ...

DJI are you there ???

It should be a god practice listening to your customers suggestions .......
toberal is offline Find More Posts by toberal
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:03 AM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
sid,

any news about zenmuse for gopro?
We probably won't be seeing this soon, now that DJI's pre-occupied with all this GPS recall and firmware bug.
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:24 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,465 Posts
Hello guys,

Thank you for your comments to my video.

@toberal
I am flying a one-person setup, the "robotic"-look should be no problem for professionals with a two person setup flying with the "non-orientation locked" mode. I think there is also a way to overcome this in the "orientation-locked" mode, if you add a mixer from (copter-) yaw to (cam-) pan, for the one person setup.

@Redsky
Yes, flown via FPV as a one man show . This was also the first video I made using the "orientation-locked" mode. Typically I use the "non-orientation locked" mode (which I like much more).

@blbills
I really enjoy not to be a pro, but I think pros with a two-man setup from "video-industry" will know how to overcome. This is also a point you have to exercise (for hours and hours) with your given hardware.

@apvxtreme
I am using the Z15 for the Sony Nex5N but not the S800.

@tombrown1
If you go through the thread, you will find a lot of information how to balance for different lenses, but though DJI only supports the 16mm pancake, so if you want to go for a different lens, you do it at your own risk. There are some video-tutorials of how to balance some pages ago.

@toberal
If you always listen to customer suggestions you might loose the focus of what is important, not all suggestions are good to everyone.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays