SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:06 AM
Switzerland, ZH, Zurich
Joined Oct 2011
48 Posts
Question
Phoenix v3 update to v4 for free?

Hi all,

I'm considering to buy the Phoenix v3, but i'm wondering if it is a good moment now, or if it is better to wait for the official release of the v4.

If I buy it today, and, let's say, next week the v4 version will be released, should i buy the new one or will i be able to update it for free?
demiluk is offline Find More Posts by demiluk
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:27 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
I don't have Phoenix, but I do have google. This is what I found:
New content released for free download regularly
Use our Automatic Updates system to download new models, flying sites and program updates which are released for free on a regular basis. Expand your Phoenix experience with the latest cutting-edge models as soon as they come out.

http://www.phoenix-simv3.com/features.asp

Combine that with the V4 betas now available for free, and I would guess that the full V4 will also be available for free.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Mar 03, 2012, 08:16 AM
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
Yes, the good thing with Phoenix is that you get the updates for free. Buy it now or buy an older version, you just log in and update it. Very easy and practical solution. The most important piece is the cable which follows the disc, you're getting nowhere without it, inside it there's a digital key which unlocks the game. Quite an ingenious solution and the perfect way to fight piracy. (It's called a dongle).
Fatgadget is offline Find More Posts by Fatgadget
Last edited by Fatgadget; Mar 03, 2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:49 AM
United States, VA, Alexandria
Joined Nov 2011
520 Posts
As stated in the previous post , all updates are free. I originally purchased version 2 I think and now am running the version 4 beta. The first thing that the program will do is update itself as soon as you fire it up with new models and flying sites. there are also plenty of user made content available on the internet for free. These include color schemes for different models as well as flying sites, some of which are great. Go ahead and get it now, you won't regret it.
Starving Bushman is online now Find More Posts by Starving Bushman
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:03 AM
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2011
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Bushman View Post
The first thing that the program will do is update itself as soon as you fire it up with new models and flying sites.
Correction, for 4.0 you need to manually install up to 4.0d I believe and then it will auto update from there. The first few incriments in 4.0 beta didn't have auto update included.

Also if I recall correctly you have to tell it to download the newest models from within the program.
MyPonyRocks is offline Find More Posts by MyPonyRocks
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:43 PM
Minneapolis Mn
Joined Jan 2003
897 Posts
Actually - I've owned Pheonix a long time & don't mind paying (about 20%) for upgrades. (even though they are free)

I ditched Real Flight not because it was a bad product - but because their upgrade price percentages and policys after multiple versions drove me crazy. Having to have you sell your old product at a loss and purchase a new one instead of paying their high upgrade price is crazy.

Happy Phoenix customer & a great product.
Jim
jimklein is offline Find More Posts by jimklein