HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2012, 03:37 AM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,471 Posts
Discussion
Kyosho Blizzard SR FPV

OK so i got back from Afghanistan last week and found out my storage unit was broken into and a lot of my rc stuff and clothes were stolen. so i had all my new FPV equipment and nothing to put it on and try it out on exept my loss act 1/10 truck. well i tried that out but since i live in (North Pole, Alaska) so everythigs covered in snow right now so the little act couldn't drive on anything so that was a fail. so i went to a local hobby shop looking for a servo for one of my hel's that didn't get stolen. when i seen this little gem inside the glass counter its a Kyosho Blizzard SR. i instantly though man this will be perfect to put my fpv gear on and drive it around anywhere outside. so i bought it took it home and mounted all my new fpv equipment to it and turned it on but once i turn the 800mw 1.3ghz video tx on it makes the kyoshos 2.4 ghz system go crazy and spins the right track like crazy. but somehow I've got it to let me fpv it 2 times without the frequencies interfering. the 1st time was a great success the second run it went crazy about 80 feet away from my house in 2 n 1/2 feet of snow so i had to go outside my house and retrieve it man it sucked lol when it does let me drive it fpv its so amazing! this thing just crawls across any snow no matter how deep of powder or ice. ive been just sitting in my house throw my fat sharks over my eyes and just start driving around my front yard and through the wooded area its so fun. i just wish it would work I've only got to fpv it 2 times and I'm already hooked lol if somebody can tell me a way that i can make my 1.3ghz video system not interfere with the kyosho blizzards 2.4ghz system please let me know. as of right now its pretty much impossible to get it to work. so I've just attached my go pro to it and drive it around my front yard and through the woods by looking out my window. its not fpv but its still fun and i still get to stay warm but i want my fpv stuff to just work with it so i can go farther away and anywhere i want. ill post some pics and videos below.
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117
Last edited by flohio117; Mar 03, 2012 at 03:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:33 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,867 Posts
How much did the blizzard cost? PM me if you don't want to say publicly. I'd love one for the beaches over here and the few times I do go to the snow.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:45 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,471 Posts
I paid $320 for mine with everything minus battery and charger. I probably way over paid but I wanted something to be able to use now to test my fpv stuff with. Since I live in Alaska I have to order pretty much everything I want online and I didn't feel like waiting. It's awesome to drive it fpv or not. The 2 fpv drives I've done with it have been so fun until on my second drive it messed up. I'll post some vids
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:46 AM
Bangkok
Joined Oct 2007
1,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
if somebody can tell me a way that i can make my 1.3ghz video system not interfere with the kyosho blizzards 2.4ghz system please let me know. as of right now its pretty much impossible to get it to work.
You need a low pass filter, this is the one I use for 1.3Ghz and it works well.
AleG is offline Find More Posts by AleG
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:00 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleG View Post
thanks will order this right now thanks for your help.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:02 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,471 Posts
heres the first vid I'm driving it from the window above the 2 car garage.
Kyosho Blizzard SR with GOPRO mounted on it driving from inside my house (6 min 56 sec)
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:08 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleG View Post
oh do i need 2 of these 1 for the tx and 1 for the rx or do i just need 1 for the tx?
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:18 AM
Bangkok
Joined Oct 2007
1,633 Posts
Quote:
oh do i need 2 of these 1 for the tx and 1 for the rx or do i just need 1 for the tx?
Only one in the video transmitter. Although if you use 1.3Ghz video transmitters in other things it may be a good idea to order two to make more sense of the rather high shipping from BEVRC.
AleG is offline Find More Posts by AleG
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:26 AM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16438

Here is one in the US. I own this one and 2 band pass filters from fox tech
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Mar 03, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,471 Posts
i bought one from range video last night so hopefully it gets here by friday this week.

heres me driving it FPV you will see why i need this low pass filter lol.
Kyosho Blizzard SR FPV in 2-4 feet snow also has a Fail (3 min 21 sec)
Old Mar 03, 2012, 02:47 PM
United States, TX, Mansfield
Joined Jan 2012
527 Posts
Quote:
i bought one from range video last night so hopefully it gets here by friday this week.

heres me driving it FPV you will see why i need this low pass filter lol.http://youtu.be/Y7evJgY_4ZA

Put some long pants on!!! It looks cold out there
CTvxl is online now Find More Posts by CTvxl
Old Mar 03, 2012, 02:51 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTvxl View Post
Put some long pants on!!! It looks cold out there
lmao it was freaking freezing!!! i can't wait to get the low pass filter so i can do more reliable fpv and not have to go out and retrieve my vehicle.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 08:55 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,563 Posts
thing looks fun as hell. Whats top speed with brushless mods?
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Mar 03, 2012, 09:05 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,570 Posts
Nice job FPVing the Blizzard SR.

I have an SR but decided to FPV my older DF-300 instead.

If you are really into these Blizzards... you may want to check out this forum dedicated to the Blizz...

http://s1.zetaboards.com/RCsnowcats/index/
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:32 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,471 Posts
i have no clue om its speed with brushless motors. but its not made for speed its made to go across any snow and its awesome at it. it makes a awesome fpv platform bc its so wide and slow so it doesn't flip. ill check out that forum thanks for the link.