Old Mar 03, 2012, 03:22 AM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,210 Posts
Cool
Canon Powershot A620 for sale - ideal AP camera

Hi all

I've been holding onto my A620 since I bought my G9 in 2008, but I've never really used it again in anger. As it's widely considered one of the best AP cameras for its price, I thought I should put it up for sale here first.

I'm selling the camera on its own for 50, but I'm also looking to sell the Canon wide-angle converter for 50 (approx 150 new) including a metal adaptor ring. This reduces the focal length of the camera by 0.7x (at the camera's widest setting, that takes it from 35mm to 24.5mm).

Lastly I am also looking to sell my homemade panorama head as detailed here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=698953

for 25. The complete A620, wide-angle converter and the panorama head:

was used to take the majority of the panoramas on my website:

http://horizonimaging.net/panorama_portfolio.htm

The camera is 'used' but is in perfect working order. I used it for a good year or so on my first aerial photography helicopter, and aside from my DSLR, it remains the most hassle-free camera I've used for aerial photography due to its full manual controls, analog video out (easy to connect to an analog video link), AA batteries for power (or external power in jack), and lack of optical image stabilisation. Being a Canon, you can also load CHDK onto the camera to enable RAW mode, and USB triggering. When I used the camera I just positioned a servo over the shutter button.

Sample below:

The wide-angle converter is also in perfect working condition with no scratches on either the front or rear elements.

Many thanks for looking, please PM me if you're interested. I'm happy to ship worldwide – postage is not included in the prices above.

I would prefer to sell everything together - total asking price is 125, shipping not included.

Cheers

David
Hogster is offline Find More Posts by Hogster
Last edited by Hogster; Mar 03, 2012 at 03:37 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:08 AM
Smile & wave
Lancing West Sussex
Joined Jun 2005
3,440 Posts
The A620 was the best AP camera I have had.

I gave my one away a year or so ago then regretted it a couple of months later. Luckily, Terry ‘Chargenut’ passed one of his over to me two weeks ago. So I’m very pleased!!

Gray.
Gray is online now Find More Posts by Gray
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:13 PM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,210 Posts
Just to let you chaps know, the wide-angle converter and panorama head have been sold, but the camera is still available for 50.

Cheers!

David
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:43 PM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,210 Posts
Hi all

Sorry to bump this thread, but the camera is still available, and I am now offer the following for an extra 25: Black anodised aluminium 52mm filter holder (LensMateOnline.com), a 52mm Hoya UV filter, 52mm Hoya Skylight filter (more of a protection filter with a very very pale pink tint), a 52mm Hoya HMC Circular Polarising filter, and a 52mm clip-on lens cap which can be used with any of the filters. I'm also throwing in a rubbery Hama lens hood.

Asking price is 50 for the camera, and 25 for the filter pack. This would make a great introductory camera for someone just starting out in digital photography!

Shipping price is not included, and I am happy to ship internationally.

I would rather keep the sale private rather than putting it on eBay.

Cheers

David
Last edited by Hogster; Mar 26, 2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 07:29 AM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,210 Posts
On eBay now:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2209952804...84.m1586.l2649

I'm also selling a Canon Powershot G9 if anyone's interested! I used this on my first AP helicopter for many months with great success.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2209952719...84.m1586.l2649

Cheers!

David