HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2012, 12:35 AM
United States, MA, Sturbridge
Joined Jun 2008
960 Posts
Discussion
flysky CT6B stick not centering, resolution seems off.

Just got a Flysky ct6bSo my elevator (chan 2) does not have full travel. The stick springs back to the center and seems physically fine. The stick just has no response till I pull it almost 3/16" down, then its starts responding. I dead spot at the start of the travel. Pushing the stick upwords works fine. It appears the sticks linkage is not engaging the pot until its pushed past a certain point. IE the hole from the stick linkage that fits around the knob sticking out the pot is not shaped correctly. When I remove the tension from the auto centering spring the stick responds much better. The stick resolution should be 500 in each direction (minus trim values). I can only get to 355 (shown to me in the ct6 programming software), and if I remove the tension from the spring I can get 415 of travel.

This is really annoying since it has a dead spot the transmitter wont center the elevator. I'd rather not ship it back across the country since it will cost me ANOTHER 15 bucks to do that and be without a radio in the meantime. I wish they would send me a new one, and THEN I can sed back the defective one...

Sorry for the rant...
slowjett is online now Find More Posts by slowjett
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 01:10 AM
Joined Jun 2008
960 Posts
So I've remedied the problem for now and have increased the travel of the servo to where it should be it's no where near the max rotation for the servo, but its giving me the servo throw it should have.

I eliminated the dead spot inthe stick by adding glue to the connector that was too large. Filled in the void and now the stick responds with the slightest touch.

I also increased the total throw by shaving the stop on the stick just a little bit. On a scale to 0-500 I've gone from 340 to 410, which is exactly where it should be, trims seem to about 90.

We will see how she goes. I did notice my ailerons seem to have a much better throw on this radio vs my esky 72mhz radio. (i've done nothing to the aileron axis)
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined Jun 2011
11 Posts
Hi Slowjett; I have 3 of the FlySky CT6B radio systems and I have not had the problem that you idicated that you have. We are using both T6config and DigitalRadio software, and they both work okay for our needs. I think for the money, you aught to just pick up another CT6B system and then you can always compare the two, that is what I do here. BTW, I read a post here by Telemachus dated August 19, 2009, a mod that he made and is using to allow these radios to be used as a trainer/buddy box. I found his instructions in adding a switch of some sort, a bit vague and I would like to get some addition info from him or someone in this matter. It would be a nice feature to incorporate in these radios. Check out his link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post12912921 Good luck with the CT6B, Having Fun
Having Fun is offline Find More Posts by Having Fun
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:09 PM
Joined Jun 2008
960 Posts
Thanks, Im having a serious problem trying to program my switches to work on channels 5 or 6 now... Can not figure it out.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Jun 2008
960 Posts
And I....figured it out. Lol it was the mixing
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:06 PM
Foam crusher
United States, MN, Granite Falls
Joined Dec 2011
5 Posts
I am curious if anyone has figured out how to make the CT6B do elevon mixing. I can't seem to figure it out. Any input would be great!
wingman456 is offline Find More Posts by wingman456