HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2012, 05:35 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
I'm sure sending one of atmel-based CC escs to simonk will result in them getting supported by his firmware quickly. Then you can have 'made in america' quality combined with great multirotor firmware.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:16 PM
Joined Feb 2006
723 Posts
Not sure if it is a matter of technology, marketing or a sales problem, but in my business I would not allow this taking so long, it is pulling their entire reputation at a time of big competitiveness and will be difficult for them to later recover the lost market plot.
They themselves are feeding their competitors because customers need an alternative and are not willing to wait. Patience has a limit.
elossam is offline Find More Posts by elossam
Old Mar 27, 2012, 01:56 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
I'm sure sending one of atmel-based CC escs to simonk will result in them getting supported by his firmware quickly. Then you can have 'made in america' quality combined with great multirotor firmware.
While I agree with you, and I am sure SimonK would have no trouble doing this. The result would be an ESC that is 3-4x the cost of a chinese one with a simonK firmware - And best of all ,at that high cost, the warranty would be voided by CC.

The only way people are going to pay the premium for CC esc's is if it is as good or preferrably has better performance for multirotor as simonK firmware on chinese ESCs, but with the support of CC for warranty and quality.

After writing this - makes me wonder if they are actually holding off and reconsidering their entry into multirotors - because their price point for "equal to slightly better" performance may not be worth it for the typical hobbiest these days.

just some speculation on my part

Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
Old Mar 27, 2012, 02:42 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,906 Posts
wt f man you are in hawaii.... go swimming or something!
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Mar 27, 2012, 04:44 PM
Joined Feb 2006
723 Posts
A simple well done code is not worth for a market where the customers buy it from 4 to 4 when not from 8 to 8 batch? They dream for something so just two years ago, the same as the airscrew and engine manufacturers.
elossam is offline Find More Posts by elossam
Old Mar 28, 2012, 04:22 AM
Joined May 2010
247 Posts
hello,

just bought 10 phoenix ice lite 50 amp esc's for my proffesional octocopter combined with dji wookong m. i chose these because of the reliability and qualty, and the special multirotor software. as i see know, that firmware isn't working at all. a havent tested it yet, but i am going to use the airplane mode for the maiden. 1 question for airplane mode. do you have to use the airplane mode of the last stable version(3.27) or do i have to use the airplane mode of the last beta version(4.00)??

thanks in advance!
vinnygogo is offline Find More Posts by vinnygogo
Old Mar 29, 2012, 01:50 AM
Joined May 2010
247 Posts
nobody? i would like to maiden my octo this weekend, anyone can tell my the settings as asked above?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:26 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
I was under impression the general agreement in multirotor forum is "no matter what mode, it sucks", which was mainly the reason for this "multirotor" firmware.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:01 AM
Joined May 2010
247 Posts
you could be right, i also bought them because of the multirotor firmware, but as i found out now it doesnt work at all. some people in this topic said it flew ok in airplane mode, my only question is airplane mode of the last beta version(4.00) or the last stable version(3.27)
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:52 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygogo View Post
you could be right, i also bought them because of the multirotor firmware, but as i found out now it doesnt work at all. some people in this topic said it flew ok in airplane mode, my only question is airplane mode of the last beta version(4.00) or the last stable version(3.27)
That depends on the frame rate of your controller. V4.0 will handle higher frame rates than V3.27. If you are not sure try both versions and see what works best for your setup.

The main problem with V4 is that the data logger and LVC are broken. You donít use LVC for multiís so thatís not a problem.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:03 AM
Joined May 2010
247 Posts
i use a dji wookong. what is the problem with the data logger?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:42 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,011 Posts
Quote:
i use a dji wookong. what is the problem with the data logger?
It is broken Ė LOL

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1605558

Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:28 AM
vinnygogo
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Redacted Content. It is temporarily hidden while vinnygogo edits it.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:44 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Try it and report in this thread. (unless you're too busy desoldering 8 escs)
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:46 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,011 Posts
Quote:
ok hahaha, did find that but i dont realy give a f*ck about the lvc and datalogger, all i want is a flying dji octocopter so is it better to chose v4.00 or v3.27 for dji wookong?
I donít have one of those controllers but I think that V4.0 would be the way to go. Let us know how it works out.