HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2012, 05:42 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruszek83 View Post
What settings should i use with 4.01 Firmware for DJI F450 with NAZA and standard DJI motors(920KV)... step by step please

Michael
Same as Tom describes above. The issue i had with the naza is that naza would not arm 2 of 4 escs . The work around i had to do was connect the escs to naza after naza powered up

Let us know if your naza arms all escs on its own
Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2012, 08:20 AM
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Aarhus County
Joined Apr 2012
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alros_100 View Post
Same as Tom describes above. The issue i had with the naza is that naza would not arm 2 of 4 escs . The work around i had to do was connect the escs to naza after naza powered up

Let us know if your naza arms all escs on its own
Al
Well, it flies, if that's what you are asking ;-)
The one of the motors starts with 0.8 sec delay, and it has annoying wobble in forward flight, but other then that it works great... Any idea how ro remove wobble ?
Can i somehow get ESCs to react quicker ?

BTW. This are the gains my NAZA flies best with:
140/140/90/200
110/110
My YAW is low due to wierd twist BACK-LEFT when it is over 100% setting it to 90 eliminates it almost completly.
Ruszek83 is offline Find More Posts by Ruszek83
Last edited by Ruszek83; May 25, 2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old May 25, 2012, 09:38 AM
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Aarhus County
Joined Apr 2012
128 Posts
sry.. double post
Ruszek83 is offline Find More Posts by Ruszek83
Old May 25, 2012, 11:05 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,541 Posts
Has anyone tried a HoverFly controller? I am thinking of giving that a try next week.
RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jun 01, 2012, 03:35 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmt View Post
I did this (not sure the correct way), connect each esc one at a time to ch3 of the rx (futaba). Set the lower and upper end-point of the throttle ch to +75 and -75. Turn on the tx and full stick for the throttle, connect the batt, slowly increase the upper end-point until you hear a beep (mine is around 91-92%). Then full down on the throttle stick, again slowly increase the endpoint until you hear 2 beeps (I think), mines are around 115-117%.
Hi,

Did you set endpoints to all of them separately? I got my batch of cc25 phoenix yesterday, soldered them yesterday and going to calibrate them today. Isn't that you only need to calibrate one esc (more likely calibrate tx to esc), others should have same endpoints. Otherwise it will only be last esc settings in tx anyway.

Kari
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,458 Posts
I am having problem with a Ice2 HV 40:

when using Castle Link and setting to airplane mode it works, no problem (not connected to DJI FC) but when setting to multikopter it doesn't work (not connected to DJI FC.

Should it only work in multikopter setting when connected to DJI?
tritan is online now Find More Posts by tritan
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:09 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post

when using Castle Link and setting to airplane mode it works, no problem (not connected to DJI FC) but when setting to multikopter it doesn't work (not connected to DJI FC.

I found that the low throttle end point on my transmitter needed to be set lower. With a Phoenix 25 I had to set the low throttle to 115 and the high to 90. That was with a 8FGHs radio so your end points may be different.

I never did understand why the end points on Castle products are different for each flight mode. Airplane and helicopter have always been way different and now we have a third variation?

Old Jun 02, 2012, 06:22 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post

Ya that is really annoying - read my posts and responses a few pages back.

Problem is that setting endpoints on the transmitter doesnt help if the FC boad is not sending a low enough throttle to arm the esc.

Al
Old Jun 05, 2012, 05:12 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2010
612 Posts
This is how it worked for me......
Try to caliberate individual ESC's through TX & RX not FC
After caliberating mine were set to low : 105% & high 115% for all six.
Next, without plugging in the esc's maintaining same end points at the TX i caliberated the FC using assistant software.
I did then plugged in all the 6 esc's in the assingned slots at the MC. I then started the motors in ATTI mode but it did not start due to the pulse not reconizing
I increased the low throttle end point slightly checking again to see it starts..I kept on increasing it until it reconizes the pulse and the motor started.
mmalik4 is offline Find More Posts by mmalik4
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:15 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmalik4 View Post
I increased the low throttle end point slightly checking again to see it starts..I kept on increasing it until it reconizes the pulse and the motor started.
Yes that’s the key to making it work. I have had good results.

Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:16 PM
Begin with end in mind...
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2003
5,600 Posts
Question...

In the Phoenix PDF on their site it states that if there is a loss of throttle signal or the signal becomes corrupt, the Phoenix will atutomatically shut down the motor. Just wondering what happens when a multicopter running a Naza goes into failsafe. Would there be enough (or any) signal loss to cause a motor shut down in this case??

Just curious as I have known about this feature for yrs and I have experienced it first hand on fixed wing aircraft, after this event happens you have to pull the throttle stick down to rearm the motor. This is not something you want happening on a multicoper.

Maybe someone can turn off the TX that is using Castle's and see if the motors go quiet...

Mike
power is offline Find More Posts by power
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:30 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post
Question...

In the Phoenix PDF on their site it states that if there is a loss of throttle signal or the signal becomes corrupt, the Phoenix will atutomatically shut down the motor. Just wondering what happens when a multicopter running a Naza goes into failsafe. Would there be enough (or any) signal loss to cause a motor shut down in this case??

Just curious as I have known about this feature for yrs and I have experienced it first hand on fixed wing aircraft, after this event happens you have to pull the throttle stick down to rearm the motor. This is not something you want happening on a multicoper.

Maybe someone can turn off the TX that is using Castle's and see if the motors go quiet...

Mike
That would have to due more with the failsafe features on your particular radio, I fly Futaba and have an APM2 controller. I just program it to execute a Return To Launch command with the Auto Land option selected. Most high end radios you can program them to do anything that you want when transmitter signal is lost. Maybe just hold level and go to low descent power would be good is you donít have any GPS modes or just have the receiver go to shutoff throttle if you like.

Does your radio have programmable failsafe feature?

Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:37 PM
Begin with end in mind...
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2003
5,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
That would have to due more with the failsafe features on your particular radio, I fly Futaba and have an APM2 controller. I just program it to execute a Return To Launch command with the Auto Land option selected. Most high end radios you can program them to do anything that you want when transmitter signal is lost. Maybe just hold level and go to low descent power would be good is you donít have any GPS modes or just have the receiver go to shutoff throttle if you like.

Does your radio have programmable failsafe feature?

I am using Spektrum AR 7000 and AR 7010 RX's. I understand what you are saying but I don't think that is the case in what they are refering to in the PDF. I have had signal loss on the throttle yrs ago on my fixed wing and the throtttle/motor did infact shut down. I had control of all other surfaces, I rearmed and landed the plane, the failsafe did not initiate. The esc will retain code in flashing led's to let you know where your problem is. While I feel losing signal to the throttle only is rare, it would seem it can happen without losing the link.

I will give them a call, I have found they don't really like to answer questions on the forums

Mike
power is offline Find More Posts by power
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:54 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post
Question...

Mike
Mike your flight controller (naza) now controls what happens during a failsafe - not your receiver per se. In the naza software you need to ensure that your receiver failsafe causes the mode switch channel to move in the "fail safe" range. Then what happens is dependent on what mode you have set in naza software (land at current location vs come home and land) - assuming you have the GPS.

BUT because the NAZA always wants to see the throttle channel from the receiver above 10% - you need to set fail safe on your spektrum reciever with throttle at or above the 10% so the NAZA doesn't shut off your motors (unless you want it to do so).

I hope that is what you were asking

Al
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:00 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Mar 2007
783 Posts
We have bought 9psc Ice 50 esc's with the 4.01 firmware but they lose sinc on 28 and 24 poles motors

Hope Castle wil improve there firmware because this motors are running without any problem on a Mystery 40A ESC with simonK firmware, we bought (for almost Ä1000,00 !!) the Ice 50 ESC's because we wanted a pro solution, but like this they are useless!!
holco is offline Find More Posts by holco