SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 20, 2012, 06:08 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeeg View Post
Just to let you all know, I now have about 20 hours or more of actual flight time on my quad while using the CC 25 amp Phoenix ESC's. I have been doing a combination of slow-steady & fast-aggressive flying and so far they are still working perfectly with my DJI WK-M controller with no anomalies.

Tom
What is your ESC setup and what motors are you using?
RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 08:06 AM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
925 Posts
OK I just tested my hexa, Tiger Motor MT2814 motors, APC 11x47, CC 25 with firmware 4.01 & DJI WKM (firmware 5.02). Oh wow, what a difference to the old Hobbywing flyfun 30A ESC setup. Much much less wobble, almost no wobble I would say, and it was quite windy I was tested the hexa. So much smoother and another plus, now it takes less than 5 seconds to get the full GPS signal.
ddmt is offline Find More Posts by ddmt
Old May 20, 2012, 12:36 PM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
What is your ESC setup and what motors are you using?
I'm using the Avroto 2814-11s motors with the Graupner 11x5 Electro props.

My ESC's are all set to the default settings with the exception of the Voltage Cutoff which is at "9v" and the Current Limiting which is set to "Disabled".

In regard to Motor Timing & PWM Rate, I tried different setting of both & did not notice much, if any, difference in performance.

Setting all of my praise of the CC firmware aside, there is ALWAYS room for even more stability & performance so I hope that CC continues to tweak their multi-rotor firmware to make it even better than it currently is!

Tom
tkeeg is offline Find More Posts by tkeeg
Old May 20, 2012, 09:34 PM
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeeg View Post

Setting all of my praise of the CC firmware aside, there is ALWAYS room for even more stability & performance so I hope that CC continues to tweak their multi-rotor firmware to make it even better than it currently is!

Tom
Couldn't agree more, 1 bug that I found that really scare the hell out of me, it keeps beeping before I started the hexa and the prop move quite a bit (because of the beeping).

Oh my friend just tested my hexa, and now he wants to replace his ESCs on his hexa with CC25s too
Old May 20, 2012, 09:52 PM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmt View Post
Couldn't agree more, 1 bug that I found that really scare the hell out of me, it keeps beeping before I started the hexa and the prop move quite a bit (because of the beeping).
The beep you are hearing may be the programmable beep to let you know that there is power going to the ESC’s.
When configuring the ESC's with Castle Link, under the “Other” page there is an option called “Power-On Beep”. If that is enabled then the ESC’s will give out a tone every 30 seconds when there is power going to them when no motor is running. This is done to let you know that the power is active in case you forget to unplug the battery. I have mine set that way, but I have NEVER had a prop move by itself using the WK-M auto pilot without a command from me. I would call CC's tech support about that!

Tom
Last edited by tkeeg; May 21, 2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old May 20, 2012, 10:08 PM
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
925 Posts
Ah cool, will try to disable that option. I didn't set anything other than prop rotation and the motor timing. Thanks.
Old May 20, 2012, 10:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
Depending on motors, it IS possible to turn the prop a bit when the esc beeps. For example MK's roxxy motors and MKBL will twitch the prop slightly.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 21, 2012, 08:17 AM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Depending on motors, it IS possible to turn the prop a bit when the esc beeps. For example MK's roxxy motors and MKBL will twitch the prop slightly.
Yes, all of the Mikrokopterís that I have built twitch the motors/props for second when powering up the ESCís, but I have never seen that happen on a WK-M system yet.
Old May 21, 2012, 08:36 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
The twitch is MKBL examining fets by switching them on/off and measuring current consumption. None of the standard ESCs do that as they would rather just explode when fets are shorted for whatever reason.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 21, 2012, 08:53 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2010
653 Posts
Did the Castle fixed the manual end points for throttle in the latest firmware.I am deciding to buy the phonix for my hexa but just wondering....
Also were there lot of improvements when switching from chicnese esc to phoenix
mmalik4 is offline Find More Posts by mmalik4
RCG Plus Member
Old May 21, 2012, 08:56 AM
Joined Dec 2010
653 Posts
So did we achieve this with the latest firmware,the ability to use fixed end points throttle to allow to calibrate once.
Will all 6 six esc's will have similer end points......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintstone View Post
RC
The auto-calibrate throttle has been a feature and function of the T-Birds... We have asked engineering to give us the ability to use fixed endpoint throttle to allow us to calibrate the throttle once... also we have asked to give us the multirotor function in the T-Bird line... May even be more to come on top of this ... I know they are working on some more stuff...
RCG Plus Member
Old May 21, 2012, 09:54 AM
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
925 Posts
My friend did a test flight this morning with my hexa, the weather was calm. No post stabilization, no gimbal stabilization, only cut 1:30 of 5 minutes from the raw video using sony vegas, uploading 700M is a pain with my slow internet access. The wkm is not tuned well enough, still have a lot of wobble during descend.

DJI WKM CC25 AV130 Test (1 min 31 sec)

I should take back my hexa, he flew again this afternoon and it was windy, I'll post the video soon-ish. I should take back my hexa, my friend has too much fun with it
Old May 21, 2012, 09:58 AM
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmalik4 View Post
So did we achieve this with the latest firmware,the ability to use fixed end points throttle to allow to calibrate once.
Will all 6 six esc's will have similer end points......
I did this (not sure the correct way), connect each esc one at a time to ch3 of the rx (futaba). Set the lower and upper end-point of the throttle ch to +75 and -75. Turn on the tx and full stick for the throttle, connect the batt, slowly increase the upper end-point until you hear a beep (mine is around 91-92%). Then full down on the throttle stick, again slowly increase the endpoint until you hear 2 beeps (I think), mines are around 115-117%.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Dec 2010
653 Posts
Thanks ddmt for the input here...

Also the CC Phoenix 25 does that take 600Hz PPM input
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2012, 06:15 PM
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Aarhus County
Joined Apr 2012
128 Posts
What settings should i use with 4.01 Firmware for DJI F450 with NAZA and standard DJI motors(920KV)... step by step please

Michael
Ruszek83 is offline Find More Posts by Ruszek83