HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:39 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibbons View Post
I called wow earlier this week & they said 3/23 is only an estimate. I think my 2801 pro is starting to go south. I hope I made a good choice.
They are out and out lying to you.. When dealing with Walkera the company the best you can have is a "wildguessimate"..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:43 PM
Registered User
dgibbons's Avatar
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Jul 2011
570 Posts
Somehow, that's not making me feel better. The guy I talked to said that they were in transit. I guess it will get here when it get's here.
dgibbons is offline Find More Posts by dgibbons
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:50 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibbons View Post
Somehow, that's not making me feel better. The guy I talked to said that they were in transit. I guess it will get here when it get's here.
If they have shipped them already then you should be OK..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:22 PM
Registered User
dgibbons's Avatar
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Jul 2011
570 Posts
Assuming they weren't lying to me about that. My 450 re-build is on hold until I get the new tx.
dgibbons is offline Find More Posts by dgibbons
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:55 PM
Registered User
dgibbons's Avatar
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Jul 2011
570 Posts
So....I talked to Wow today about the eta on the Devo 10. I was told that they haven't shipped yet but are hoping they will ship today (30 pcs) New eta is 03/28/12. They told me they would give me a refund if that's what I want. I guess I'm going to try to be patient for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
They are out and out lying to you.. When dealing with Walkera the company the best you can have is a "wildguessimate"..
dgibbons is offline Find More Posts by dgibbons
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:12 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibbons View Post
So....I talked to Wow today about the eta on the Devo 10. I was told that they haven't shipped yet but are hoping they will ship today (30 pcs) New eta is 03/28/12. They told me they would give me a refund if that's what I want. I guess I'm going to try to be patient for now.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=77
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:56 PM
Just here for the pie.
Canada, BC, Ashcroft
Joined Jun 2011
379 Posts
Hi folks.

I entered the "win a devo-10" contest on HobbyOne's website and appearantly won. What are the chances that this is actually legitimate?

Is this one of those contests that everyone who enters wins and never actually receives the "prize"?

I'd just like to make sure that I'm not giving up information or money (for shipping) to a bunch of scammers.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Cheers!
Randall
randall_l is offline Find More Posts by randall_l
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by randall_l; Mar 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: corrected spelling - boy, am I tired
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:20 PM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
wavekatcher's Avatar
Iceland, Westfjords, safjrur
Joined Mar 2011
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall_l View Post
Hi folks.

I entered the "win a devo-10" contest on HobbyOne's website and appearantly won. What are the chances that this is actually legitimate?

Is this one of those contests that everyone who enters wins and never actually receives the "prize"?

I'd just like to make sure that I'm not giving up information or money (for shipping) to a bunch of scammers.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Cheers!
Randall
I won too! Woohoo. My wife still can't believe it. The shipping hopefully won't be $150
wavekatcher is online now Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:21 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post
I won too! Woohoo. My wife still can't believe it. The shipping hopefully won't be $150
You should believe that, congratulations to your guys!

we got these samples from walkera,cause they are plan to send the radio to some hobbists to test it and feedback to them before the bulk production.
Walkera also have this activity in Mainland of China. so don't doubt us. Enjoy it !

BTW, this radio available here:
http://www.hobbyone.com.hk/cn/mclass.jsp?id=88
hobbyone.com.hk is offline Find More Posts by hobbyone.com.hk
Last edited by hobbyone.com.hk; Mar 22, 2012 at 03:25 AM. Reason: add the link of DEVO10
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:38 AM
Just here for the pie.
Canada, BC, Ashcroft
Joined Jun 2011
379 Posts
Alright. I'll bite the bullet. E-mail sent.

Hopefully it comes with a receiver--all my current equipment is Spektrum.

Edit: The link posted by hobbyone.com.hk just spins and never actually displays anything. Website down? Bad omen?

I'll post how it turns out.

Cheers!
Randall
randall_l is offline Find More Posts by randall_l
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by randall_l; Mar 22, 2012 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Added about website being down.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:02 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall_l View Post
Alright. I'll bite the bullet. E-mail sent.

Hopefully it comes with a receiver--all my current equipment is Spektrum.

Edit: The link posted by hobbyone.com.hk just spins and never actually displays anything. Website down? Bad omen?

I'll post how it turns out.

Cheers!
Randall
Yes, it comes with the rx1002 receiver. bytemuncher'S devo10 have sent out yesterday.
Something wrong with our software,pls try again. It's works now. thanks.
hobbyone.com.hk is offline Find More Posts by hobbyone.com.hk
Last edited by hobbyone.com.hk; Mar 23, 2012 at 02:06 AM. Reason: revised some words
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:50 PM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
wavekatcher's Avatar
Iceland, Westfjords, safjrur
Joined Mar 2011
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyone.com.hk View Post
You should believe that, congratulations to your guys!

we got these samples from walkera,cause they are plan to send the radio to some hobbists to test it and feedback to them before the bulk production.
Walkera also have this activity in Mainland of China. so don't doubt us. Enjoy it !

BTW, this radio available here:
http://www.hobbyone.com.hk/cn/mclass.jsp?id=88
Thanks again! I will post my review when I receive the tx and rx. Paid my shipping tonight and also bought the GPS unit for my MX400.

I wonder If the GPS unit will show me where the closest Starbucks is??
wavekatcher is online now Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:30 AM
DLY
HobbyOne
Joined Aug 2011
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post
Thanks again! I will post my review when I receive the tx and rx. Paid my shipping tonight and also bought the GPS unit for my MX400.

I wonder If the GPS unit will show me where the closest Starbucks is??
NO pics show in the radio . maybe in the future.
DLY is offline Find More Posts by DLY
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:47 AM
Registered User
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Here it is

@hobbyone, thank you!

The Devo 10 was at my door less than 24 hours after I received the email notifying me that I had won.

I am still getting familiar with it, but so far it seems like a very capable transmitter. I had to update to Walkera's latest software tool to update the firmware, but other than that the update went smoothly.

Photos below.

Thanks again hobbyone.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:00 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
RawmadeCF's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Looks pretty nice for $139...or in your case free.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Walkera New Devention Devo 12 transmitter first impression: ehirobo Radios 536 Aug 21, 2014 08:18 AM
Discussion Walkera Devo 12 (11X clone) Nuremberg 2011 Mikarro Radios 8 Aug 25, 2013 08:22 PM
Discussion Walkera devo reciever question? autowarrior Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 0 Feb 28, 2012 11:58 PM
For Sale Walkera Devo 7 TX/Devo RX2625H Combo for sale Tom Z Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Oct 06, 2011 12:33 PM
For Sale Walkera Devo 7 TX/Devo RX2625H Combo for sale Tom Z Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Oct 05, 2011 11:38 AM