HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:25 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,718 Posts
I have a D10 which is my main Tx. I've found it very good. It is flashed to 100mW and I've flown models 2-300m away by which time they were tiny anyway (even 400 size stuff).
The killer is usually loss of orientation. I use LEDs mainly to keep track of what's up and what's front. Even for daytime flying it helps. (HK Waterproof LED strip 12V).

With std Devo FW any of the Devo Rx should work - from 4ch to 10ch.

With DeviationTx.com there's a huge range which is growing. I recently purchased an 6ch Orange Rx from HK for another project and so far it's as expected.

The only way to do a true range check is with a mate and a car IMHO. Other methods give you an idea but not guarantee. Even a horizontal straight out test is on the low side since LoS in the air their are less things in the way to grab the signal and ground it. 100mW should be good for about 1km at the least but it does depend on antenna placement and gain. Tricky...
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:19 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Getting Started

I received my Devo 10 today. Got it functional with Deviation. Starting to modify and experiment with one of Tom Z's V120D02s .ini files. When I calibrate my sticks the throttle on ch 6 twitches negative when zero. This then twitches the servos. Is this normal? Bad pot on a new radio? How do I get rid of it?
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:41 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Never mind. I figured it out.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:43 AM
Joined Oct 2012
13 Posts
in regards to the setting under "device output" i have the gyro connected to AUX2, is there any difference to the way the gyro performs if i have it set to "gyro" or "active".
jastt is offline Find More Posts by jastt
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:25 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,433 Posts
Greetings.
I'm confused! I've tried flashing my Devo 10 to 100mw using the files from walkera.com (firmware and libraries). Seems the libraries are screwed up as the fonts got all screwed up.
So then I tried flashing to deviation 2.1.0 and that works - I can see the heli models on boot up, but it says 10mw.

I can't seem to figure out from searching or menus etc. how to get 100mw on deviation? Any ideas?

Wait a second... when I edit the models now I have an option for 10mw, 30mw, 100wm and 150mw. I'm guessing only 10mw and 100mw are valid or can this really handle 30mw and 150mw output?
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by rexless; Jan 15, 2013 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Updated
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:31 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Greetings.
I'm confused! I've tried flashing my Devo 10 to 100mw using the files from walkera.com (firmware and libraries). Seems the libraries are screwed up as the fonts got all screwed up.
So then I tried flashing to deviation 2.1.0 and that works - I can see the heli models on boot up, but it says 10mw.

I can't seem to figure out from searching or menus etc. how to get 100mw on deviation? Any ideas?

Wait a second... when I edit the models now I have an option for 10mw, 30mw, 100wm and 150mw. I'm guessing only 10mw and 100mw are valid or can this really handle 30mw and 150mw output?
Try asking in the deviation thread or their forum, 30 should work just fine and prob 150 to. It would not be in the firmware otherwise as it uses a separate gui for the 6/8s as those have color screens.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:00 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,433 Posts
Thanks for that. I didn't even think to look for a deviation thread on here. I guess I thought Devo 10 would cover it. I'll sign up for yet another thread.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:01 AM
United States, SC, Pelion
Joined Feb 2013
28 Posts
I can't get the USB update software to run on my Win7 computer. I've looked all over the internet, icluding this site, and I can't find anybody with a fix that works.

I tried running in windows compatibility mode, but that didn't work. I tried installing and running in admin mode, and that didn't work either.

Is there a fix I'm missing somewhere?

The program installed just fine, but when I try to run it, it just gives an error message that says the program has stopped working. I've updated all my hardware drivers and did windows update.

I really don't know enough to set up my heli's from scratch yet, so I'd love to be able to download the factory settings for the devo 10 for my super cp and ladybird v2. I don't even see any devo 10 settings for the super cp online anywhere. There's throttle and pitch curves, but I don't know what all that other stuff is supposed to be. lol.
G Man Number 7 is offline Find More Posts by G Man Number 7
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:55 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Try the previous version (1.4), many have reported it works when the new one don't on a Win7...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:15 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
There is a new Dfuse upgrade v1.7 on the chinese Walkera site you could try:
http://www.walkera.com/upload/upgrade/2013-2-26.rar
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:47 AM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,644 Posts
What's the direct url for the Chinese version.

Every time I use the Chinese link on Wk site, I have a JavaScript void link, and I'm stuck on the English one.

Thanks
blackmoon is offline Find More Posts by blackmoon
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:00 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmoon View Post
What's the direct url for the Chinese version.

Every time I use the Chinese link on Wk site, I have a JavaScript void link, and I'm stuck on the English one.

Thanks

That was the direct urlto the upgrade file, and this is the page where you can find it:
http://www.walkera.com/updater.php
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:09 AM
flying beam
Joined Apr 2008
1,644 Posts
If I do www.walkera.com, I fall on the English site, without means to go to the Chinese one.

If I follow your link, it's the Chinese one.

Thank you anyway.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:21 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
When you type in www.walkera.com are you redirected to www.walkera.com/en/ , or it stays on the simple .com address while showing it in english?

For me every address without the /en/ is shown in chinese...
BTW there is a link to change the language on the upper red strip.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:47 AM
flying beam
Joined Apr 2008
1,644 Posts
Yes I'm redirected to www.walkera.com/en/.

It's just strange, and if I click on the Chinese link, I stay on the English version.