Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 05, 2012, 06:16 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
It's selling for $140 with receiver.
if it starts selling well i believe the price may jump up quite a bit. maybe even somewhere btwn the 8s and the 12s.
pmerritt is online now Find More Posts by pmerritt
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2012, 06:32 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
if it starts selling well i believe the price may jump up quite a bit. maybe even somewhere btwn the 8s and the 12s.
I can't see how the Devo 10 should cost more than the 8s, as the Devo 7 is cheaper than the Devo 6.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Mar 05, 2012, 07:07 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
It wont....IF and thats a big if, it raises in price it certainly wont cost more than the D8. Anyone thats held a 7 and an 8 can immediately tell the build quality, not that the 7 is built like crap but there is a distinct difference that sets them apart.
The 7 and 10 are their "budget" radios and they know better than to try and turn the 10 into an upgrade over the 8 but under the 12.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old Mar 05, 2012, 07:13 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
I have ment the display, the USB port, the plus potis and perhaps some switches too.

How do you mean "off the shelf"? I know the use ST ARM controllers, but it would only mean that every computer is "off the shelf".

Can you ellaborate more on the hardware and software of DEVO's please!
I have started to look into the firmwares and the libraries. (I wrote a little program to create or edit the dfu files.) The goal: I want to change (dismiss) the on/off tunes (beacause they are quite annoying! ), and replace the background of the edited values to increase the visibility.
It would only need editing of the library without disassambling the firmware...
my devo 7 has the ability to lighten/darken the display. the crappy sound though has no on/off button
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
my devo 7 has the ability to lighten/darken the display. the crappy sound though has no on/off button
It's not about the brightness!
On the DEVO 6, 8, 12 the setting values are written to 3D style light gray background boxes. Furthermore when one become active, the background change to darker grey and the text's forecolor will be red, so it barely visible at all...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Mar 05, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joined Nov 2011
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
It wont....IF and thats a big if, it raises in price it certainly wont cost more than the D8. Anyone thats held a 7 and an 8 can immediately tell the build quality, not that the 7 is built like crap but there is a distinct difference that sets them apart.
The 7 and 10 are their "budget" radios and they know better than to try and turn the 10 into an upgrade over the 8 but under the 12.
What specifically is the difference in build quality between a Devo 7 and 8/12? Is it in the sticks, the chassis, toggles or is it just the screen (I realize they have totally different screens and firmware).

I've got a 2801-PRO now. I like the interface and that it can be read in the sun. Color and a touchscreen don't do anything for me really. I know I eventually have to go to a DEVO, so which would be closest in terms of build quality and stick feel? Do they all just have the same stick assemblies?
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Mar 05, 2012, 07:59 PM
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
I shouldnt have used "quality" so much as design. The Devos, to me, just feel like more "high end" radios.
I think the 7 and 10 still have the quad bearing sticks like the other Devos so stick feel shouldnt be much different. Im not saying the non touchscreen Devos perform bad, theyll do what the others wll really, its all about what you want. If you dont want the screen, dont care about better ergonomics, etc etc you dont need to spend the money on the others.
If they wanted the Devo 10 to be priced between the 8 and 12 they wouldn't have designed it after the 7, I can promise that.
The Devo 7/10 have the generic shells that the 24xx/26xx/2801 and lots of other economy chinese radios have. While that doesnt mean they are built badly its just stark contrast to the rubber gripped ergos and design of the 6/8/12.
When I hold my brothers Devo 7 I dont look down at it and think "wow this is a pretty nice radio".
To me, thats why you arent going to see a $250-300 price tag on the Devo 10.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:52 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
The devo 10 does look interesting.

I like oomodel's description "Looks Also Strong and powerful" http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-devo-...r-p-62531.html
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Mar 06, 2012, 02:36 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,204 Posts
I look at bang for the buck rather than simply ergonomics....the 2801pro feels just fine to me and it works well too.so devo10 probably would be ok for me.
pmerritt is online now Find More Posts by pmerritt
Last edited by pmerritt; Mar 06, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Nov 2010
921 Posts
Hi everyone. I recently bought a devo12 to accomodate Walkera's devo offerings after owning a few 2801pro txs. So on certain fly days I do lug down two txs.

Anyway, difference in channels aside, I prefer using the d12 to set up my helis because of the nice screen and interface for curve setting, but in the field I prefer to use the 2801 is way more legible than the d12. The problem for me of course is that they are not compatible so I can't transfer programmed models over to the 2801 txs I have. Overall imo the 2801 is still my preferred field tx as with everyone else I don't look at my tx when I am flying (lol).

When the d7 was released I thought that I could program using my d12 and transfer to the d7 (since the d7 interface was not program friendly )to be used in the field but I eventually decided against this as I understood from a reseller that programs can ONLY be transferred between same devo types - i.e. d7 to d7, d12 to d12. I have a friend who owns a d6 ad d12 who confirmed that non-like devo models do not talk.

Now the d10 is all the tx many would need in a transmitter. Inexpensive, easy enough to program (if the interface is the same as the 2801 as it appears) and easy to read in the field. But as it cannot receive programmed models from my d12, I think I'd abstain from purchasing this for now as it'd just mean that I will have to reprogram all my models into this all over again - not for me.

After following Walkera for a while now I feel the introduction of devo has not been optimal and Walkera can take that step to unify themselves.

Right now I would aliken Walkera to an individual with an auto-immune disease: Within the same company they have incompatibility issues between devo and 2801, between devos tx (so that programs cannot be copied across non-like devo txs), and between up-commanding devo tx-rx combis (a d6 or d7 cannot communicate with a devo 801 rx).

Although a long-shot I hope to hear of someone at proving at least one of the disadvantages I've pointed out above as wrong so that I would have an excuse to purchase more devo equipment.
nese is offline Find More Posts by nese
Old Mar 06, 2012, 06:17 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Anyone know if the d10 has telemetry?

*edit* Had another look at the photos, it looks like it does indeed support telemetry. It also looks like it has a 30 model memory. Can someone proficient in Mandarin confirm that?
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Last edited by bytemuncher; Mar 06, 2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 08:06 PM
Joined Nov 2011
771 Posts
If they keep producing TX's in the devo line walkera is bound to eventually make one that hits the sweet spot... if only by dumb luck.

If the price point's right then the 10 might be the thing for me... I know I need to go devo eventually... unless they come out with the EVO line or some such first
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
They hit my sweet spot with the 12...happy as a racoon with whatever makes racoons happy.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:54 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
They hit my sweet spot with the 12...happy as a racoon with whatever makes racoons happy.
Yes Mine too

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:36 PM
Joined Jan 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
Anyone know if the d10 has telemetry?

*edit* Had another look at the photos, it looks like it does indeed support telemetry. It also looks like it has a 30 model memory. Can someone proficient in Mandarin confirm that?
Looks to me that you are right. Also supports wireless transfer of helicopter setup, but only between 2 Devo 10 radios (they didn't mention wireless transfer with other Devo radios)
rbecq is offline Find More Posts by rbecq