Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwg25 View Post
Thank you, that's a start!

But what's the LB manual??
Go to the Walkera.com site look for manuals to down load, find the Lady Bird QR down load it find page 4-6 and it will show you some DEVO 10 setting for it..

http://walkera.com/en1/download.jsp?proId=U
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:56 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
That might be a good idea if I knew how to setup everything. I had somebody else setup my tx/rx with my quad. I wouldn't know what values to enter in for a new model.

Maybe my best bet is to ask in the multirotor forum and hopefully find somebody else with a Devo-10 and ask them for their settings?

Is there anyway to export/import settings from/to the tx?

I have both the Devo 7 and Devo 10.
You can also use my LB TX setup guide.
I have the Devo 10 switches listed about 1/3 the way down the page.
Any settings I don't list are using the default settings of a new model.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=29

The two pictures are the TX setup for the Ladybird in the owners manual which I have listed in my TX setup guide.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Last edited by Tom Z; Jul 10, 2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:14 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
is there anyway to export/import settings from/to the tx?
Yes, see my post here. I can send you my Ladybird setup file for the Devo 10
and you can import it into your Devo 10. This way you don't need to do any programming in the TX.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=31

Tom
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:16 AM
Joined May 2011
657 Posts
Quote:
I had somebody else setup my tx/rx with my quad
May be you should ask him again, and after that save your model config to the PC...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:21 PM
You Enjoy Myself
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Thank you so much everybody!

Looks like I have some good options for a fix here. I'm busy right now and leaving for a week long vacation on Friday so I don't know how much time I'll have to try and fix my problem before then.

Tom, please pm your setup file. I appreciate it!

FDR, I got my quad from Tony at rc-drones. An amazingly talented guy who is at the top of his game and the 2 products I've ordered from him (quad+tx/rx, then x468 cam mount) arrived very quickly. Prices are a little high, but not a big deal as most things can be found elsewhere for a little less. BUT, that said, his customer service is pretty atrocious. I'm sure he gets a lot of "simple" questions. But to continually brush me off a few times, missing some emails, it's just not right. Too bad he's got such a good thing going, there's no motivation to improve his customer service.

Wow, didn't mean for that last paragraph to be so dramatic. It's only a big enough deal to me to mention my opinion if I'm asked about it. And I'll probably buy from him again at some point, so there's that too.
cwg25 is offline Find More Posts by cwg25
Last edited by cwg25; Oct 16, 2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:03 AM
You Enjoy Myself
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
I think I've made a little headway here. Are any of you familiar with at least the NAZA Assistant software for DJI products?

I was playing around with my TX and hooked up to NAZA Assistant and see that by moving the throttle I can get the GPS indicator light to go on when the throttle is low or high.

I think I just need to tweak some little setting somewhere while hooked to the NAZA Assistant in order to lock in the GPS light so it stays on when I choose that mode on my TX. Right now the GPS light only comes on when I move the throttle completely down or up.

I think I'd rather now just get some specific advice on this specific issue than install all new settings in my TX and then work from that.

Here's the video:

Devo-10 Problem and NAZA Assisant (0 min 25 sec)

I'll probably end up asking this question in the MR NAZA forum.
cwg25 is offline Find More Posts by cwg25
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:17 AM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Thank you so much everybody!

Looks like I have some good options for a fix here. I'm busy right now and leaving for a week long vacation on Friday so I don't know how much time I'll have to try and fix my problem before then.

Tom, please pm your setup file. I appreciate it!

FDR, I got my quad from Tony at rc-drones. An amazingly talented guy who is at the top of his game and the 2 products I've ordered from him (quad+tx/rx, then x468 cam mount) arrived very quickly. Prices are a little high, but not a big deal as most things can be found elsewhere for a little less. BUT, that said, his customer service is pretty atrocious. I'm sure he gets a lot of "simple" questions. But to continually brush me off a few times, missing some emails, it's just not right. Too bad he's got such a good thing going, there's no motivation to improve his customer service.

Wow, didn't mean for that last paragraph to be so dramatic. It's only a big enough deal to me to mention my opinion if I'm asked about it. And I'll probably buy from him again at some point, so there's that too.

Your welcome.

Here is my LB settings file.
Set the DR/Expo to what you like. I have mine setup for mild and 3D mode that I like to use.

Tom
Last edited by Tom Z; Jul 10, 2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:43 AM
Thrust/Drag/Lift/Weight
Simi Valley, CA
Joined Jan 2011
24 Posts
Device Output question

Hi, I have a Devo 10 and trying to understand what Device Output is exactly.

Is this a way to map the switches on the tx to the servo ports on the rx? I've read the Walkera Users manual and man the translation is brutal !

Any additional links explaining this in more details?
N4JC is offline Find More Posts by N4JC
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:02 AM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jan 2008
48 Posts
No Help

Hi,
I don't, unfortunately have any help for you on the mapping, except maybe the deviation project (do a search). But I do completely agree about the manual, someone needs to translate this thing into english. I can't figure out what 1/2 the features do and how to use them. I'm a heli newbie though, and a computer transmitter newbie as well.

Good luck,

John
JFS737 is offline Find More Posts by JFS737
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:42 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4JC View Post
Hi, I have a Devo 10 and trying to understand what Device Output is exactly.

Is this a way to map the switches on the tx to the servo ports on the rx? I've read the Walkera Users manual and man the translation is brutal !

Any additional links explaining this in more details?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFS737 View Post
Hi,
I don't, unfortunately have any help for you on the mapping, except maybe the deviation project (do a search). But I do completely agree about the manual, someone needs to translate this thing into english. I can't figure out what 1/2 the features do and how to use them. I'm a heli newbie though, and a computer transmitter newbie as well.

Good luck,

John
I don't think that the Chinese manual is much better at explaining things. Technical writing is not an easy task and requires qualified people. These companies just don't invest much into this.
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:32 AM
Thrust/Drag/Lift/Weight
Simi Valley, CA
Joined Jan 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFS737 View Post
Hi,

Good luck,

John
Thanks for the replies 3D and JFS, I am going to abandon the Walkera firmware and go with Deviation. Had been reading through the Deviation manual, wow I understand what is written!

Just loaded up with Deviation 2.0.0 last night with some preset models, will fly it with my Walkera v120d02s and the NEW v120d02s hopefully today.
N4JC is offline Find More Posts by N4JC
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:42 AM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
The deviation firmware has been working great for me.
I have used it with my Mini CP, Ladybird, Infra X, Hoten X, and a mCXP BL.
Even the pre beta and beta versions worked good with no issues for me.
I am working on models for the deviation firmware now.
I have two models posted on there web site and will be posting all my models in my TX setup guide sticky here.

Tom
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:01 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
So the deviation firmware lets you fly WK and Spectrum RX's, sounds cool.
RotaryC is offline Find More Posts by RotaryC
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:34 PM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryC View Post
So the deviation firmware lets you fly WK and Spectrum RX's, sounds cool.
And not only that. It's more flexible and customizable, f.e. you can bring and display telemetry on the main screen, you can have 2 timers, activated by any input (stick or channel value), you can see TX battery's voltage and many more.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:05 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
380 Posts
So is Deviation now working on the Devo 10?

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest