HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:33 AM
Heliyork
Joined Nov 2009
84 Posts
Hi guys,
Can somebody tell me whats the max range of 10mW devo 10 tx (10db is max on mine so i guess its a 10mW)?? I am planing to use it for my raptor 620.

Is there a way to convert it to 20dB version???
Firewolf is offline Find More Posts by Firewolf
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:09 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewolf View Post
Hi guys,
Can somebody tell me whats the max range of 10mW devo 10 tx (10db is max on mine so i guess its a 10mW)?? I am planing to use it for my raptor 620.

I don't know about the range of the transmitter at various output powers, but Walkera does have a firmware that enables up to 100 mW output power. Please note that, depending on the country you are in, this may be illegal.
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:19 PM
Heliyork
Joined Nov 2009
84 Posts
100mW is perfectly legal where i live but i was bit unlucky as i got that 10mW tx. I tried to replace the firmware with 100mW version but the tx started giving "version error" and was unable to boot.

Luckily I've found the solution in "Walkera DEVO Tx Hacking" thread where someone posted a hacked firmware for Devo 10 and now the power is available up to 20dB
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:05 AM
Australia, NSW, Lismore
Joined May 2012
54 Posts
Just got my devo 10 yesterday, seems like a nice radio, but I can't understand anything much about it's operation based on the chinglish manual. Anyone know a good source of information about the radio and how each the settings function?
Symantics is offline Find More Posts by Symantics
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:40 PM
Hobbyone
Joined Aug 2011
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewolf View Post
Hi guys,

As far as I know , it's impossible to change 10mw to 100mw.
what kind of hacking ? can you give us a link ?
one01 is offline Find More Posts by one01
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:36 AM
Heliyork
Joined Nov 2009
84 Posts
I assume 10mw and 100mw have same hardware and 20db output is locked through firmware in 10mw version. Here check this link;

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1665299

I took the risk and get rewarded, if you are going to do it then do it at your own risk
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:51 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by one01 View Post
As far as I know , it's impossible to change 10mw to 100mw.
what kind of hacking ? can you give us a link ?
It's a firmware lock, the hardware can do both. Go to the official site of Walkera, create a user account and you will be able to download both versions of the firmware and see for yourself.
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:57 PM
Joined Feb 2012
4 Posts
failsave with DEVO10

Hi,

when i start failsave switching transmitter off and then transmitter on again, rx1002 doesn't rebind.

My old 2801pro worked fine.

Is it normal for Devo?
derjennne is offline Find More Posts by derjennne
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:06 PM
Joined Feb 2012
4 Posts
ok, i solved problem.

ID was not fixed
derjennne is offline Find More Posts by derjennne
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:04 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
381 Posts
I just got a Devo 10 with my Hoten-x today. I noticed a firmware upgrade for the Devo 10 on Walkera's site so I decided to upgrade it. The upgrade failed while installing the firmware and now my (not even one day old) Devo 10 will not power on. I changed batteries, still nothing. I tested the end of the battery pack with a multi-meter in case there was a loose wire or something and there was sufficient power. The Tx is simply dead. I cannot attempt to complete the firmware upgrade, I cannot enter dfu mode as there is simply no power. Any suggestions on how to revive a dead Devo 10?
gwrivest is online now Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Aug 29, 2012, 06:01 AM
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
that cant be, the boot loader runs first before firmware and wont be written by firmware update.
If the boot loader is still OK, you can try to go to dfu mode by first switch off, dettach the battery, switch on, wait some second and switch off, attach the battery and pres EXT then switch on.

I hope that will work
xCometz is offline Find More Posts by xCometz
Old Aug 29, 2012, 06:12 AM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
I just got a Devo 10 with my Hoten-x today. I noticed a firmware upgrade for the Devo 10 on Walkera's site so I decided to upgrade it. The upgrade failed while installing the firmware and now my (not even one day old) Devo 10 will not power on. I changed batteries, still nothing. I tested the end of the battery pack with a multi-meter in case there was a loose wire or something and there was sufficient power. The Tx is simply dead. I cannot attempt to complete the firmware upgrade, I cannot enter dfu mode as there is simply no power. Any suggestions on how to revive a dead Devo 10?
You might want to just pull the battery out first, then reinsert the battery - do NOT power it on. Hold the EXT and power on directly. you should now be able to get into the DFU.
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:50 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCometz View Post
that cant be, the boot loader runs first before firmware and wont be written by firmware update.
If the boot loader is still OK, you can try to go to dfu mode by first switch off, dettach the battery, switch on, wait some second and switch off, attach the battery and pres EXT then switch on.

I hope that will work
Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85 View Post
You might want to just pull the battery out first, then reinsert the battery - do NOT power it on. Hold the EXT and power on directly. you should now be able to get into the DFU.
I have already tried both your suggestions, as well as others, many times and in many different orders, etc. I even checked the end of the battery connector to make sure there wasn't a loose or broken wire or something but there was sufficient power at the end of the battery connector. I even put in a fresh set of alkaline's just to make sure but nothing. Whether I tried powering it on while the "ext" button was depressed or not I get the same result, nothing on the screen and no sound. The Tx. is quite simply dead.

PS. Thank you both for your suggestions.

PPS. I sent the Tx. back for warranty work. Hope it won't take too long to get it fixed or replaced. It's super frustrating having the Hoten-X and not being able to fly it.
gwrivest is online now Find More Posts by gwrivest
Last edited by gwrivest; Aug 29, 2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: added a PS and PPS
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:19 AM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
PPS. I sent the Tx. back for warranty work. Hope it won't take too long to get it fixed or replaced. It's super frustrating having the Hoten-X and not being able to fly it.
Patience is a virtue!
indiggio is offline Find More Posts by indiggio
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:50 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Does anyone know what this is for on the Devo 10?

Sensor Setting - Voltage- Internal:5V

External: V1 is for the battery on the unit you are flying.
System Menu - Battery - Alarm Voltage is for the battery on the Devo 10

So what is this used for? Sensor Setting - Voltage- Internal:5V

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z