HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 16, 2012, 10:52 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I can't even get onto Walkera.com site to check..
I am not sure, as I remember their web site is under scheduled maintenace or update.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
yeap.. walkera site up and running. just download new v0.5B/V0.2 Devo 10, 100mw update.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old May 23, 2012, 09:41 PM
always something to learn...
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,955 Posts
I have a problem with my Devo 10....when I try plugging it into mt USB port, my computer doesn't "find" it. So...I cannot install a patch, or upgrade, etc. I am not the brightest bulb when it comes to computers, but mine "finds" anything else I plug into it, just not the TX. Also, my CD that came with it says there is nothing on it! WOW hobbies sent me a new one, but it is the same! What the heck am I doing wrong??--------Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
Old May 23, 2012, 11:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguy View Post
I have a problem with my Devo 10....when I try plugging it into mt USB port, my computer doesn't "find" it. So...I cannot install a patch, or upgrade, etc. I am not the brightest bulb when it comes to computers, but mine "finds" anything else I plug into it, just not the TX. Also, my CD that came with it says there is nothing on it! WOW hobbies sent me a new one, but it is the same! What the heck am I doing wrong??--------Metalguy

Have you pressed the EXT button together with the power switch on to get the update interface? They need to be made at the same time.And then try to plug the USB port into the computer.The computer could "find" it unless there is something wrong with the USB wire.
bigflier is offline Find More Posts by bigflier
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 24, 2012, 12:10 AM
United States, CT
Joined Apr 2012
185 Posts
Quote:
Maybe you're not looking for all the steps, but here they are for anyone needing to upgrade:

1) Go to www.walkera.com

2) Create an account and login.

3) Click the "Software Update" tab.

4) Click the second "Download Now!" link that says "Devention Dfuse USB Upgrade Tools"

5) Unzip that file and run one of the setup EXE files, there is one for Windows 7 and one for Windows XP.

6) Once that program is installed, run it and then plug in your transmitter.

7) Turn on your transmitter while holding down the "EXT" button.

8) At this point your PC should detect it.

9) Go back to the software updates on Walkera's site, click on the DEVO 10.

10) Download the "DEVO 10 100mw release", version "v0.5A/v0.2".

11) Unzip the directory that's in that .zip file to somewhere on your hard drive.

12) Go back to the USB upgrade tool, make sure "Firmware" tab is selected.

13) Next to the "File:" box, click that button with the 3 dots on it.

14) Browse your PC for the firmware directory you just unzipped, click the file named "DEVO-10 Fw v0.5A.dfu", note the "Fw" for firmware, and click "Open".

15) Click the "Upgrade" button in the USB upgrade tool program.

16) When it's done click the "Library" tab.

17) Click the button with the 3 dots again next to the "Upgrade or Verify file" box.

18) Find and select the file "DEVO-10 Lib v0.2.dfu", note the "Lib" for library, and click "Open".

19) Click "Upgrade" again.

20) When it's done, click "Leave DFU Mode".

Unplug your transmitter, you're finished. It's upgraded.
Sudsak is offline Find More Posts by Sudsak
Old May 24, 2012, 12:27 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Nice writeup, Sudsak. Some of the instruction sets I've seen talk about having to go into the device manager after turning on the tx in dfu mode, then seeing the device, right clicking on in, then updating it's driver. When I finally got my h/w sorted (see below), I did not have to do this step--Windows 7 found the driver on it's own.

When I first got my Devo 8, I got stuck at step number 8. When I turned on the tx in dfu mode, the PC would never recognize the tx. I would never get the two tone that one gets when plugging in a usb device into windows (One, five, for any musicians out there). In my case, it turned out that my usb socket had not been soldered well at the factory, and popped off. metalguy, does your usb socket look askew by chance?

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsak View Post
Maybe you're not looking for all the steps, but here they are for anyone needing to upgrade:

1) Go to www.walkera.com

2) Create an account and login.

3) Click the "Software Update" tab.

4) Click the second "Download Now!" link that says "Devention Dfuse USB Upgrade Tools"

5) Unzip that file and run one of the setup EXE files, there is one for Windows 7 and one for Windows XP.

6) Once that program is installed, run it and then plug in your transmitter.

7) Turn on your transmitter while holding down the "EXT" button.

8) At this point your PC should detect it.

9) Go back to the software updates on Walkera's site, click on the DEVO 10.

10) Download the "DEVO 10 100mw release", version "v0.5A/v0.2".

11) Unzip the directory that's in that .zip file to somewhere on your hard drive.

12) Go back to the USB upgrade tool, make sure "Firmware" tab is selected.

13) Next to the "File:" box, click that button with the 3 dots on it.

14) Browse your PC for the firmware directory you just unzipped, click the file named "DEVO-10 Fw v0.5A.dfu", note the "Fw" for firmware, and click "Open".

15) Click the "Upgrade" button in the USB upgrade tool program.

16) When it's done click the "Library" tab.

17) Click the button with the 3 dots again next to the "Upgrade or Verify file" box.

18) Find and select the file "DEVO-10 Lib v0.2.dfu", note the "Lib" for library, and click "Open".

19) Click "Upgrade" again.

20) When it's done, click "Leave DFU Mode".

Unplug your transmitter, you're finished. It's upgraded.
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old May 24, 2012, 11:10 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,955 Posts
Guys, I think I found my problem: The first one is...I had a cranial-rectal inversion, that was causing mt issues.... The other problem I had is my computer that I was trying uses Windows 7 for an OS, and nothing worked properly. I tried my older netbook, and it appears I have updated my DEVO 10. ....I think. It did say in green at the bottom of the screen that it was successful. Is there a way to check on the TX itself if the update "took"? I still show the same software version. This is out of my league, pretty much, but I am trying to make it through. -----Metalguy
Old May 24, 2012, 11:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
30 Posts
Quote:
Guys, I think I found my problem: The first one is...I had a cranial-rectal inversion, that was causing mt issues.... The other problem I had is my computer that I was trying uses Windows 7 for an OS, and nothing worked properly. I tried my older netbook, and it appears I have updated my DEVO 10. ....I think. It did say in green at the bottom of the screen that it was successful. Is there a way to check on the TX itself if the update "took"? I still show the same software version. This is out of my league, pretty much, but I am trying to make it through. -----Metalguy

The software version could be shown on the "About" item in the System Menu of DEVO 10.If the soft version is V0.5B/V0.2 in the RX,the update is successful.
bigflier is offline Find More Posts by bigflier
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 26, 2012, 01:19 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,955 Posts
Ok, it still shows the older version on the TX menu, so I'll try again. (crossing fingers) -------Metalguy
Old May 27, 2012, 11:42 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,955 Posts
Well......I finally got it to work!! Not sure what exactly I did, but I had to re-load the whole sequence no less than three times on this computer before it finally would "see" my TX. It never did work on my newer computer that runs Windows 7. But, it is upgraded, verified, and the screen on the TX even shows it now. Gawd, sure hope it was worth it!! LOL! Things like this make me feel so dumb....------Metalguy
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:34 AM
Ireland, Dublin
Joined Nov 2010
150 Posts
hi guys im thinking of buying the devo 10 and RX1002 Receiver will this work ok with a quad and this fc http://www.multircshop.com/site/inde...product_id=640

thanks
skejah1063 is offline Find More Posts by skejah1063
Old Jun 01, 2012, 07:12 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skejah1063 View Post
hi guys im thinking of buying the devo 10 and RX1002 Receiver will this work ok with a quad and this fc http://www.multircshop.com/site/inde...product_id=640

thanks
You should ask Bobepine and Wasp09. They have been talking about this stuff over in one of the Ladybird threads.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jun 01, 2012, 03:27 PM
Ireland, Dublin
Joined Nov 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
You should ask Bobepine and Wasp09. They have been talking about this stuff over in one of the Ladybird threads.

Rafa
Will do thanks Rafa
skejah1063 is offline Find More Posts by skejah1063
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:08 AM
United States, CT
Joined Apr 2012
185 Posts
Ok so I own a Spektrum DX7s and a DEVO 10.

The DEVO 10 is so much heavier it's ridiculous. Right now I have rechargeable AAs in it. Any suggestions for a good battery, that fits well, and maybe lowers the weight? Thanks.
Sudsak is offline Find More Posts by Sudsak
Old Jun 15, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Oct 2011
41 Posts
Anybody tried using the Devo 10 w/fixed wing?

I'm going to get a CP heli and a decent tx in the next couple of months (finances. . . ), and looking through the devo 10 pdf it seems to have pretty good airplane features (dual servo ailerons, delta wing, etc.). Has anybody tried this? I don't fly planks now, but after I get my heli skills a little better I'd like to try fixed wing.

Plan A involved devo 10 + v120d02s, plan B I guess would be dx6i + mcpx.

Thanks!
Bill Mercer is offline Find More Posts by Bill Mercer