Old Jul 12, 2012, 05:53 AM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargenut View Post
Yep be good to see some new faces!

Also just been reading the website linked from your QR code... nice work on putting something back into the community!
Some of us have flown at Richmond Park in the past (at an AP meet actually, where we got moved on by the local constabulary! - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=499428)

Cheers,
Terry.
Thanks Terry, we try and do a bit but I must say so far this year its been very hard to keep the project going, with the weather being either to wet or too windy and then making time in fair weather... Bit of a headache but all good fun!

Richmond park is a fantastic place to fly, I'm lucky as we have permission to fly from pretty much where I want as I'm making a doc about the park throughout the year. I also get bothered by the o'l bill but generally they know who we are an what we are doing and just want to be inquisitive (which is good).
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2012, 06:30 AM
I fly with my little eye
Lancashire, England
Joined Jul 2005
1,835 Posts
Ah, yes, happy days. I remember thermal soaring at the Sheen Gate site in the late 70s...

Parks Plod were in evidence back then: stopped me as I drove out at dusk for having a headlight out.

Glad to see it is still in use with dedicated fliers setting a great example of model flying PR.

Cheers!

Andrew
Swanlander is offline Find More Posts by Swanlander
Old Jul 12, 2012, 07:09 PM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
Haslemere, Surrey.
Joined Nov 2003
1,325 Posts
Guess what arrived in the post today!!!

Thanks again Askman for sending over these items for UKAP meet competition prizes!

Now all we need to do is decide what the competitions are to be!!!
My vote is that Askman contributes to ideas for that, as he sent over the prizes!

Cheers,
Terry.
chargenut is offline Find More Posts by chargenut
Old Jul 14, 2012, 04:59 AM
I'm Ginger & called Adam
Hereford, UK
Joined Oct 2002
2,903 Posts
Best waterproofing technique?
Ginger Adam is offline Find More Posts by Ginger Adam
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:00 AM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
Haslemere, Surrey.
Joined Nov 2003
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Adam View Post
Best waterproofing technique?
Hmmm... is a bit worrying... Don't you just love the UK summer?!
Old Jul 15, 2012, 02:30 AM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
United Kingdom, England, Farnham
Joined Oct 2005
1,331 Posts
I think we'd better prepare for a weekend of sitting under a shelter/crammed in Terry's caravan drinking tea/beer, just in case the weather stays like it has been.... You never know though...

Paul.
English Electric is offline Find More Posts by English Electric
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:10 AM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Apr 2005
899 Posts
Paul,

Do you know whether the campsite is still open or whether it has had to close because of the weather? As it is a field it could get too muddy for cars and/or caravans.

Richard
Bearded Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Bearded Flyer
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:03 AM
Die noctique
Joined May 2007
951 Posts
Just been getting bits and pieces this morning and had to get two new TX batteries These JR chargers are getting like rocking horse poo to find these days as well (Thats the old stile TX 60 mA & RX 120 mA )

Just out of intrest will anyone have a channel scanner thing with them? Both my TX's are Synthesised so no channel number is show on screen?, not helpful i know

Oh enclosed image of the rest of the kit I'm bringing
Badllarma is offline Find More Posts by Badllarma
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:18 AM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
Haslemere, Surrey.
Joined Nov 2003
1,325 Posts
I'll have a 35 mhz scanner with me!

(Not that I use it anymore as I'm all 2.4 ghz now)

T
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:31 AM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
United Kingdom, England, Farnham
Joined Oct 2005
1,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Flyer View Post
Paul,

Do you know whether the campsite is still open or whether it has had to close because of the weather? As it is a field it could get too muddy for cars and/or caravans.

Richard
They've not contacted me to say there is a problem. I have paid a deposit, so I'm sure they would if there was a problem. From memory, there was a solid lookibg through road feeding the pitches, plus a river to carry excess water away so I reckon we should be safe.

Paul.
English Electric is offline Find More Posts by English Electric
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:31 PM
Kite flying SCRAPS member
Hampshire, UK
Joined Apr 2004
979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Electric View Post
plus a river to carry excess water away so I reckon we should be safe.

Paul.
Unless its flooded of course :-). I'll bring along a gazebo in case we need some added shelter and somewhere to cook under cover!!!!
GliderGuideMan is offline Find More Posts by GliderGuideMan
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joined Apr 2005
899 Posts
Badllarma,

The Leek and Moorland Flying Club may be in close proximity to where we are flying so anybody using 35Mz will have to be very careful.

The main sites that they use are listed here http://www.lmmga.co.uk/about.html

Richard
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:49 PM
Die noctique
Joined May 2007
951 Posts
This mean I'm grounded from using 35Mz
Badllarma is offline Find More Posts by Badllarma
Old Jul 15, 2012, 01:03 PM
Joined Apr 2005
899 Posts
Andy,

You can still fly. It just means that we need to fly 35Mz at least 2 miles from any known flying sites (page 21 of the BMFA Handbook). There is lots of room in the Peaks.

Richard
Old Jul 15, 2012, 04:28 PM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
Haslemere, Surrey.
Joined Nov 2003
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderGuideMan View Post
Unless its flooded of course :-). I'll bring along a gazebo in case we need some added shelter and somewhere to cook under cover!!!!
Have to say... I'm going whatever the weather... have the Friday booked off and really I just like the weekend away with you lot to be honest... flying kind of comes second... umm is that the wrong attitude?

T
Closed Thread