HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:52 PM
United States, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Nov 2009
643 Posts
Its only a 3 channel and has no electronics, im going to pass on that one, I feel spoiled. How big is the easy cub?
Hot_Wheels is offline Find More Posts by Hot_Wheels
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:55 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,422 Posts
55"
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:12 PM
Joined Nov 2009
643 Posts
Ok so a rxr easy cub is 153 with brushless motor. if you buy it all seperat you pay 49.00 for the cub, brushless motor and esc 130 , not to mention the cost of the servos. Doesnt seem like that good of a deal
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:22 PM
United States, CA, Pleasant Hill
Joined Mar 2005
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
Ok so a rxr easy cub is 153 with brushless motor. if you buy it all seperat you pay 49.00 for the cub, brushless motor and esc 130 , not to mention the cost of the servos. Doesnt seem like that good of a deal
yeah i'm waiting til it drops to 15 then i'll bite lol
specriv is offline Find More Posts by specriv
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:22 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,716 Posts
Dang you guys, I already bought the jet, and I can't even fly fixed wing yet! Looked at it, not very pretty, if it was yellow and more scale I would like it, I've always liked the piper cub, plus it's not near the good deal that the twister was with included motor and EDF housing. This is just an airframe. Plus no ailerons? I have already learned to fly in the sim with ailerons.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:25 PM
United States, CA, Pleasant Hill
Joined Mar 2005
307 Posts
minimag rtr were selling on ebay for 30 in january.
specriv is offline Find More Posts by specriv
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:31 PM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
Why would you pay $130 for a motor and esc for $50 plane? Or even if I'm reading that wrong $80....?
You can put other gear in it... don't have to use MPX stuff..

I could have the Easycub in the air for less than $100.. including a orange RX. I think it's a good deal.

www.hobbypartz.com
www.headsuprc.com

I've been flying my $70 Minimag all evening...
and it'll hover with 3S 2200mAH and flies for 25 minutes...lol
Viper82 is offline Find More Posts by Viper82
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
31 Posts
What motor you have in that?
TouchingEvil is offline Find More Posts by TouchingEvil
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:35 PM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
This motor http://www.hobbypartz.com/75m56-opti...-1380kv-2.html with GWS 8X4 prop
This ESC http://www.hobbypartz.com/proton30aair.html
These servos http://www.hobbypartz.com/topromisesg9.html
I had to cut out motor mount with x-acto and shorten it with dremel.... very easy tho, took 15 minutes. It's mounted on the front of the mount, in normal outrunner fashion. A inrunner or outrunner with shaft on mount side would be easier and a direct fit, but less airflow.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:45 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
The cub is actually not a bad deal for the size of plane that it is. Like Viper said, you can outfit it with your own electronics for and still stay under $100 total.

Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:04 PM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Yep... it's a good looking plane too. Much better looking than the little Minimag IMO. I imagine it would be pretty simple to install ailerons, just like on a Hobbyzone Supercub. Might could even put a Funcub wing on it... same size.

If I had the room I'd order one now... but I'll have to wait till I crash something and free up some space..lol
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:44 PM
United States, NY, Queens County
Joined Jun 2007
1,172 Posts
this is not the great of a deal, since you can buy a rxr dynam cessena for 67$ on nitroplanes these days, 80$ shipped. didnt make sense for me to buy the cub. i did howerever buy the 30$ rxr minimag from this guy which was a great deal
kremecheze is offline Find More Posts by kremecheze
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:35 AM
Joined Nov 2009
643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper82 View Post
This motor http://www.hobbypartz.com/75m56-opti...-1380kv-2.html with GWS 8X4 prop
This ESC http://www.hobbypartz.com/proton30aair.html
These servos http://www.hobbypartz.com/topromisesg9.html
I had to cut out motor mount with x-acto and shorten it with dremel.... very easy tho, took 15 minutes. It's mounted on the front of the mount, in normal outrunner fashion. A inrunner or outrunner with shaft on mount side would be easier and a direct fit, but less airflow.
for some reason when i click the links it just brings me to the site, can you post the part numbers? thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:29 AM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Feb 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
this is not the great of a deal, since you can buy a rxr dynam cessena for 67$ on nitroplanes these days, 80$ shipped. didnt make sense for me to buy the cub. i did howerever buy the 30$ rxr minimag from this guy which was a great deal
link to the cessna? Sorry I can't find it
davidvm3 is offline Find More Posts by davidvm3
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:00 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
Not sure if you have owned a Multiplex kit, but I've crashed a few and the difference in quality is amazing, they typically only need repair with catastrophic crashes. And they do really fly well out of the box with no modifications..

I've also owned a few RTF Dynam and Guan-li planes, and they go from ok to train-wreck on how well they fly out of the box. My favorite was the Dynam Meteor which even though they totally cloned a Habu, it didnt have enough elevator travel from factory to pull out of a dive, I have no idea how I landed that thing in one piece.
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach