HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:11 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda View Post
Someone stated earlier this is Multiplex selling these. Makes sense. Probably just dumping stock that is scheduled to be discontinued. If not, someone was in the right place at the right time to buy this stuff up just to resell.
Looks good. I haven't finished mine yet. I actually took the front nose off so I could access the stock motor mount. I pushed it back about a half inch so the motor is partially covered. I think the CG will still be o/k between the brushless verses brushed set up and battery.

I'll get some pics up. Where did you get your motor mount?
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:54 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
2,087 Posts
Motor Mounts R-Us .
flyinwalenda is online now Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:58 AM
"Up Chuck-Up Chuck"
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.
Joined Aug 2004
1,204 Posts
I received my Twister despite being sent to the wrong address (my bad). Initially, I was worried about the outcome but the seller gooddayrc responded quickly to my problem. Big thumbs up to them.
mdlifcrisis is offline Find More Posts by mdlifcrisis
Last edited by mdlifcrisis; Mar 21, 2012 at 07:59 AM. Reason: sp
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:50 PM
Demonstrations on Saturdays!
United States, CA, Woodland
Joined Jan 2012
420 Posts
Got my Twister in the display box FedEx with a gash & hole in the front of the box. Elevator got dinged and I don't think any parts are missing. Going into the "one of these days" closet so I hope not!
gravityking is offline Find More Posts by gravityking
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:43 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yucafrita View Post
What did you do to improve cooling on the motor? what heatsink fits that motor?
Did you open any cooling holes in the fuse?
Thanks

No, you just need to increase the surface area of the motor using a heat sink, any 28mm heat sink is fine, be sure to use thermal compound between the heat sink and the can to bridge any minute voids and insure good thermal conductance. That's it, the motor is already directly in the air stream aft of the fan, but needs more suface area. I always check my motor temp when I come down with an IR thermometer, and typically, after a 4 minute flight, my motor temp is a very cool temp of between 75-80 deg. F. That's why it's lasted for 4 years on 4S operation.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:18 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2011
382 Posts
3 days away from this part of the forum and I miss out on a perfect opportunity to buy a great birthday gift at a great price (although I know in the long run my friend will hate and curse me for getting him into RC )
templton89 is offline Find More Posts by templton89
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
4 Posts
Am I going to need a y-harness to add ailerons?
DeadManFlying is offline Find More Posts by DeadManFlying
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:03 PM
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadManFlying View Post
Am I going to need a y-harness to add ailerons?
Yep, or 2 short extensions if your TX does dual ailerons.
Viper82 is offline Find More Posts by Viper82
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:48 PM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Feb 2010
72 Posts
Well another successful purchase. Bought the Easy Cub on Friday the 16th and it shipped out Monday the 19th. Arrived in good condition on Weds. the 21st. I really hope he stops selling soon because I don't have any room for any more planes. It is just so hard to pass up on planes at that price.
haines74 is offline Find More Posts by haines74
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
Can i see pics of your install? i just finished mine, i dont like how far the motor sits out, if i crash its going to strip out the motor mounts or break it. I used a metal mount from brushlessconversions.com?

Will do. I've got the plane mostly painted, will finish up the wing tonight I hope, then get the servos in, then motor/esc etc. I'll post pics of the motor mount tonight when I get home.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:47 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2012
139 Posts
For you guys doing a Easy Cub/aileron conversion. How do you plan to flatten the wings and take the dihederal out? I've looked around at some pictures and it looks like most the dihederal is in the center plastic mount. Any pictures or links to other forums to people that have done this conversion would be awesome. I would like to learn from others mistakes before I make my own.

Also, I know, I know... I could buy a Fun Cub wing set, but as much as I like flying, I like good deals too. Another $40 doesn't make this as good of a deal.... So I plan to do it the hard way!!

Any pointers on how to flatten the Easy Cub wings would be appreciated!
Krash n Burn is offline Find More Posts by Krash n Burn
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Search on here for EasyCub, I know I saw someone do it. I think it's simply cutting right down the middle of the wings, and taking a few inches off on each piece.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:01 PM
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Joined Nov 2006
1,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
Can i see pics of your install? i just finished mine, i dont like how far the motor sits out, if i crash its going to strip out the motor mounts or break it. I used a metal mount from brushlessconversions.com?
You should be able to remove the c clips from the motr shaft and switch it to the other side, so the shaft sticks out the front and the motor sits inside the fuse.
interplanet is offline Find More Posts by interplanet
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:02 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Build so far

Here are some pics. They show the plastic back part of the motor mount set about a half inch back. From the head on view I cut out the bottom air scoop to sort of mimic the front end of the Funcub. Also a couple of pics of the balsa tray. I cut out around the battery area to the sides and far down, actually had the landing gear plate come through. I left a little space then cut the balsa tray to fit. I smeared while Gorilla glue all over the bottom and after it cured, I cut out the excess. That bottom area is super strong now. After the esc and the rx go in, there wasn't a lot of room for the battery on this or the Funcub. I'l get a pic after the motor is mounted, then after it's all together.
Last edited by porcia83; Mar 22, 2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: pics
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:06 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,453 Posts
Got my son's minimag built and ready for maiden, man does the stock motor seem weak, not sure if it will even take off
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts