HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2012, 08:51 AM
Joined Oct 2011
13 Posts
Discussion
An idea I had...

So I was digging thru a box of broken/crashed toys and I stumbled across a completely thrashed Venom Kodiak helicopter (don't laugh... it was on clearance for like $10). I had a lot of fun with it before the last wreck tore the rotors from the mast and broke the rotor mounts. Looking over Amazon.com, it would cost way more to rebuild than I paid for it. So I was thinking maybe a twin pusher fixed wing using differential thrust using the perfectly fine internals. It does have a horizontal tail prop that controls pitch. The idea that crossed my mind was to use the tiny motor and prop in lieu of an actuator controlled elevator... Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance,
Balloon Man Sam
Balloon Man Sam is offline Find More Posts by Balloon Man Sam
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2012, 02:19 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,442 Posts
An actuator would be lighter and is more proven on aircraft.
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Mar 02, 2012, 03:41 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,749 Posts
i had a rc flying thing that used a prop and motor instead of a rudder. try it out.
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull