SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 01, 2012, 10:06 PM
Ops check good
United States, LA, Barksdale AFB
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
Help!
do you think 3d hobby shop will help me?

I just recently ordered a new 42" aj slick from 3d hobby shop. After hearing so many good things about the air frames this company produces and their customer service I was all in for trying out a small scale of one of their most popular planes. Boy I was excited when i received my package this afternoon. I could hardly wait to open it up and feast my eyes on what I had been waiting so anxiously on. The box was not even scratched. No tears or punctures at all. Continuing to opening the shipping box and removing the actual box the plane was in the excitement was building but after removing the lid of the box i was shocked to see a chip hanging off the front of the fuselage. Before continuing to open anymore i tried calling the number listed on the 3dhobbyshop website but there was no answer, it was already to late and they had closed. Out of curiosity I removed the fuselage from the packaging and I immediately noticed a crack in the canopy and after removing it to have a closer look in the fuselage i was shocked to see many broken stringers, canopy mount, wing mount and other broken areas on the front left side of the fuselage (same side as the chip) with this being my first experience with 3dhs I'm alittle concerned. I've heard many stories of them having great customer service and I'm just looking to hear any information anyone can give me about the company. I'm not bashing the company at all by no means, I've just never had an arf shipped to me in this shape and I'm curious to know from those of you who have had experience with 3dhs's customer service of how you think they'll address this. I'm so excited to get this fixed and fly this air frame that I've heard so many good things about. Thank you for any inputany of you may have to give me!
trnt_west is offline Find More Posts by trnt_west
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2012, 10:21 PM
Once u go yak u never go back
Erie, PA
Joined Mar 2005
1,290 Posts
first post? really? email them and all will be taken care of
marksextra is offline Find More Posts by marksextra
Old Mar 01, 2012, 10:25 PM
Ops check good
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
Yes sir,Really, I waisted my first post on this question lol. I did send them an email right after I found the damage. I included pictures of what all was damaged so hopefully all will go well and ill have a new fuse and canopy soon..
Old Mar 01, 2012, 11:56 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,585 Posts
Ben and crew are 'good people,' without a doubt.
If you were shipped a dud, they'll make it right.
Stuff happens.

You do have to give 'em a chance to respond, though
C_Watkins is offline Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2012, 08:03 AM
United States, NY, CENTRAL VLY
Joined May 2011
1,029 Posts
Received this afternoon and call them out online at 10:06 for not responding.

That's pretty ridiculous.

You can write 'I'm not trying to bash them' all you want, but this is the definition of that. If you've ever googled any RC related question, you'll find RCgroups in the results. So that means if someone googles '3D Hobby Shop', your irresponsible post shows up, calling in question their livelihood with absolutely zero chance for them to respond.
ausf is offline Find More Posts by ausf
Old Mar 02, 2012, 08:19 AM
Ops check good
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
Woah man I'm just here to ask a simple question. I've heard many many good things about the company as I had originally stated.I wouldn't have bought their product of I didn't believe they were a top notch company. Again as I originally stated I was just simply asking for other 3dhs customers input on how they handled their issues. And actually within 4 hours of emailing them, Arron emailed me back and let me know that all would be taken care of. It was around 3am when i received the email so any company that would ever take care of their customers in that hour is grade A quality in my opinion. As for you ausf, I believe you may have taken what I said wrong. I'm sorry for any confusion. I'm really not here to bash 3DHS I take great pride in owning my first an slick and look forward to further my business with them. Again ausf I'm sorry for any confusion. I can't stress that enough, but irregardless no new comer to a website or this hobby such as this be talked to like that. Its people such as you that turn people away from such a great website just because you may have taken a noons simple question out of context.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 09:11 AM
United States, OH, Tipp City
Joined Oct 2011
238 Posts
If you've "already heard great things" about their customer service, why even ask the question on here? Give them at least 24 hours to work the problem.

You have to admit, you are really pulling a hair trigger here.

It is a bummer to receive a broken product, I admit, but things do happen in shipping, in packing, etc, that no one can foresee. I have no doubts they will make it right.
aero550 is offline Find More Posts by aero550
Old Mar 02, 2012, 11:29 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,611 Posts
I would recommend that once 3DHS takes care of you, as everyone here has told you is highly likely, you go back and edit the thread title to reflect the positive outcome.

If you are unable to edit the thread title I'm sure the moderators of the forum can edit it for you if you request them to, which should then not run the risk of an unfair negative showing up on google searches for 3DHS.

And yes you're moving way way way too fast on this path, let the seller have a chance to address your concerns.
BrownEyedFool is offline Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
Old Mar 02, 2012, 11:47 AM
Ops check good
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
Ill be sure to do that browneyedfool, but again I'm not bashing 3d hobby shop at all!! Golly I'm not here to do that I'm totally satisfied with their service, I totally understand that when i called they were already closed.yes I understand that thy have jot yet had a chance to address the problem. I dont expect an immediate first position in line to have this fixed. I'm simply asking and directing this to anyone else on here that may have had any experience with 3dhs customers service. I've heard its amazing customer service. I just haven't had any reason to experience it until now I just don't know what to expect. Will 3dhs ask me to send the fuselage back? Will they just send me a fuselage and canopy and call it solved? Again I'm just asking how they handled anyone else's case. I'd just like to know what to expect so if I need to i cabt get it ready to ship back to them. I just really feel like y'all are giving me a hard time. I'm relatively new to this and honestly didn't think everyone would jump on me about this ..again I'm sorry for anyones inconvenience
Old Mar 02, 2012, 11:58 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,611 Posts
Relax.

Take a deep breath.

Slow down.

We're all RC addicts here. You bought from an incredibly reputable seller. There are some problems. The seller is very very likely to make you whole and happy.

Just relax and slow down, and thank your lucky stars that you didn't encounter this situation with a less reputable vendor. There are many of those out there. 3DHS is not one of them. I could name a number of vendors that you would be basically screwed with no recourse. Again, 3DHS is not one of them.

I see this as analogous to a server at a restaurant. When everything comes out of the kitchen timely and done right, there's not a huge distinction between an average server and a great server. Where they distinguish themselves is when something goes wrong. A great server handles it much much better than the average or mediocre one, and will get tipped accordingly.

In this situation give 3DHS the time and opportunity to show they're a great seller.
BrownEyedFool is offline Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
Old Mar 02, 2012, 02:10 PM
United States, OH, Tipp City
Joined Oct 2011
238 Posts
They will tell you exactly what to do. But, um, you gotta call them first. It's that simple.
aero550 is offline Find More Posts by aero550
Old Mar 02, 2012, 02:51 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,223 Posts
yeah, no worries! ...it's a bummer that the united package smashers did their dance on the box, but we replace giant scale planes that have been damaged in shipping, so a 42 Slick is definitely not a problem. There's no way that we'll hang trnt_west out to dry... 100% chance of staying a happy customer.

Cheers,
Arron
3DHS
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Mar 02, 2012, 03:00 PM
Ops check good
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
TheKM I really do appreciate your kind words! I believe your the man who replied to me late last night. It may just be your job that your doing, but I want to personally thank you for your effort to satisfy customers!
Old Mar 02, 2012, 06:45 PM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,094 Posts
There are some vendors that are as good with customer service as 3DHobby Shop, but none better. You are dealing with the best. Don't worry about a thing.

Freddy
Fredriksson is offline Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Old Mar 02, 2012, 06:49 PM
Ops check good
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
Thanks Freddy for your reply! Good news! I just got an email and Arron from 3dhs is sending a whole new aj slick and told me just to keep the other stuff as spares. Totally top notch service! Thanks again 3DHS!