HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:30 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2010
5 Posts
Discussion
X-Air FC1212-P / DJI Wook Kong WK-M Comparison

Hello all and thanks for the great info and resource
I am seconds away for clicking "add to basket" with an x-aircraft X650 (v4 or v8) for use as a pro/sumer aerial videography system.
My biggest source of procrastination is in whether or not to invest in a DJI flight controller v's just going with the more affordable (and latest) x-aircraft FC1212 system with an x-a GPS/Compass and autopilot.
As a relative newbie to multi rotor heli flying, I will no doubt have a period of training with the aircraft, probably with a GoPro FPV setup, before progressing to strapping a DSLR to the machine, though that is my intended end goal.
Should I just make an initial investment in a complete X-Aircraft system with a FC1212, or should I wait, save more money, and invest in a Woo Kong controller (possibly saving money by initially flying a quad before spending additional dollars on the extra four motors, ESC and props)
My intention is definitely not, to set up any kind of brand war between the two systems, as I'm sure they each have their own great strengths, however any experienced opinions, brand loyalties and wisdom would be hugely appreciated at this time.
Thanks in advance and happy flying
dansparks is offline Find More Posts by dansparks
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:41 PM
United States, TX, Thrall
Joined Feb 2010
1,191 Posts
Do not take this the wrong way but there is no comparsion between the two. The DJI wins hands down with a doubt. The X Aircraft has a long way to go. I owned both never use the FC from XAircraft anymore. The DJI Wookong works as described and is very nice, I have a Y-6 800mm and a 650mm hexa would not trade for the world.

Michael64
Michael64 is online now Find More Posts by Michael64
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:49 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2010
5 Posts
Thanks Michael64, I suspect you may not be the only person of that opinion
Might have to start saving those extra pennies eh?!
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:58 PM
United States, TX, Thrall
Joined Feb 2010
1,191 Posts
Iam not saying its perfect but its great place to start. With time and work it will perform with the best of them for sure.

Michael64
Michael64 is online now Find More Posts by Michael64
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:07 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansparks View Post
Thanks Michael64, I suspect you may not be the only person of that opinion
Might have to start saving those extra pennies eh?!
Whereabout in sydney are you? I can give you some demo flights of the two systems: WKM and XA with FC-P+AHRSv2+autopilot. The autopilot module is just being released by XA, only a very few people has them. You can draw conclusions on your own after the demo.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Mar 02, 2012, 06:57 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2010
5 Posts
Hi Fajar and thanks for your reply.
Wow! That would be fantastic to see a demo of both systems and would definitely help me figure out which direction to head next.
I'm on the Northern Beaches, but am happy to travel.
Thanks again.

Dan
Old Mar 02, 2012, 09:08 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansparks View Post
Hi Fajar and thanks for your reply.
Wow! That would be fantastic to see a demo of both systems and would definitely help me figure out which direction to head next.
I'm on the Northern Beaches, but am happy to travel.
Thanks again.

Dan
Shoot me your skype/ mobile in a PM.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar