SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined Jan 2012
142 Posts
Discussion
HobbyMate HB790 gyro

Hello guys, I have been testing the new HB790 gyro for the past month and very pleased with it. It holds the tail rock a vise grip

I know most have gone with flybarless systems but if you guys are still flying with flybars and looking for an affordable MEMS heading hold gyro than look no further than this great little gyro.

http://www.hobbycool.com/hobbymate-h...fff08b85653afd
HobbyCool_tech is offline Find More Posts by HobbyCool_tech
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:34 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
1st post!

I was always thinking about this gyro, but i never got to see a video to see how it trully performs. Any chance of a demo video please?
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:46 PM
Joined Jan 2012
142 Posts
my skills are limited but here's a demo of it

Trex 450 pro (4 min 32 sec)
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:22 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Very good. That looks very promising. Any chance of a video with a couple of long tail slides.

I've taken a long break from helis, and I'm starting to re-learn how to fly again, and backward flights with long tail slides is what i'd be planning on practicing on my 450s, any chance of a video please with a couple of long tail slides?
Old Mar 05, 2012, 06:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
142 Posts
I'll try to do a tail slide for ya, but like I said my skills are limited. I have been flying the heck of the hb790 and it have been holding like a champ. Very impressed with this great gyro
Old Mar 05, 2012, 06:52 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
looks very promising, I don't think you'll have any problems with it doing tail slides. It looks like it can really handle some hard manouvers. Anyways let us know how you go! We can't wait for the video.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:25 PM
Joined Jun 2010
4 Posts
yup, seems great gyro, there are some video on youtube, ever found one guy fly 700E with that gyro, solid and promising
hier3d is offline Find More Posts by hier3d
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:37 AM
Joined Jan 2012
142 Posts
this is top quality gyro guys . Had a bunch more flights today and it held like a champ. Didn't have any record my flights but my brother should be able to film me on my next outting.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:57 AM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyCool_tech View Post
this is top quality gyro guys . Had a bunch more flights today and it held like a champ. Didn't have any record my flights but my brother should be able to film me on my next outting.
Here's a question for ya...

Why did you plagiarize Spartan's Quark description?

I doubt your gyro is a rebrand. So you are not only trying to profit from someone else's branding by making your gyro look almost identical but you also are stealing their description almost word for word.

Nice job.
You should be proud.

Your description http://www.hobbycool.com/hobbymate-h...fff08b85653afd

Hobbymate HB790 MEMS Helicopter Gyro
Hobbymate provides the HB790 gyro for beginners, intermediate level flyer, a solid rock tail lock performance on their rc helicopters
Setup the gyro quite, just follow a few steps and go enjoy your flying.

The gyro is a high specification model helicopter gyro capable of delivering exceptionally consistent yaw rates even at eye-blurring speeds of over two full turns per second. The control is smooth and precise with a very solid feel and impressive holding power. The stopping characteristics give a nice soft, but precise response with no bounce back.

The built in configuration routine allows adjustment of individual left and right endpoints, direction reversing and servo type selection

Specification:
Dimension(mm):18x18x8mm
Weight: 8g
Supported servo type: digital servo
Operation voltage: 4.8V to 8.4V

Key Features:
Market leading tail hold and pirouette consistency
Small and lightweight
Designed for all helicopters; from the smallest electric to the largest nitro
Compatible with all digital tail servos (760us, 960us and 1520us)
Offers 250Hz, 333Hz and ultra-high 560Hz servo frame rates
Superior MEMS sensor technology
Dual operating modes; AVCS (heading lock) and Rate
Aluminum case provide great shield from internal and external environment.

Spartan's description: http://www.spartan-rc.com/products/quark/quark.php

Spartan Quark Gyro
Whether you are an ambitious beginner, a 3D Pro or simply love gadgets the Spartan Quark is the ultimate gyro choice for you. Its easy setup, high vibration immunity, and unparalleled performance are guaranteed to give a hassle free installation and enjoyment of your hobby.

Do you love heart pounding 3D? We do; and we designed the Quark to deliver just that! The Quark is a high specification model helicopter gyro capable of delivering exceptionally consistent yaw rates even at eye-blurring speeds of over two full turns per second. The control is smooth and precise with a very solid feel and impressive holding power. The stopping characteristics give a nice soft, but precise response with no bounce back.

The built in configuration routine allows adjustment of individual left and right endpoints, direction reversing and servo type selection. In addition the Quark can be connected to a computer offering access to more advanced parameters including yaw acceleration, deceleration, stop gain and many more.

Backed up with Spartan RC's industry-leading warranty and including 3 years free repair service and 50% RRP discounted crash replacements the Quark offers market leading performance, exceptional value and reassurance.

Key features:

Market leading tail hold and pirouette consistency
Small and lightweight
Designed for all helicopters; from the smallest electric to the largest nitro
Compatible with all digital tail servos (760us, 960us and 1520us)
Offers 250Hz, 333Hz and ultra-high 560Hz servo frame rates
Superior MEMS sensor technology
Optional advanced configuration via computer or PDA
Firmware upgradable
12bit A/Digital Converter
Dual operating modes; AVCS (heading lock) and Rate
Available in economical plastic or tough alloy case option for crash damage protection and electromagnetic shielding

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Last edited by Ampdraw; Mar 13, 2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:01 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Uhm, I may be one of the very few now days that still have FB helis and i don't have FBL like everyone else has at this current time. So I guess, continue with the tail slide video please!

Please do a close up of the gyro on the heli prior to flight. Also if the long tailslides are successful on video, and if i buy 10 HB gyros can I get it at $20 a piece?

Thank you.
Last edited by pitchp; Mar 13, 2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:09 PM
Joined Jan 2012
142 Posts
Hey Pitch, I should be able to do some flying this weekend and perhaps get that tail slide that you're after . As far as pricing goes, you will have to contact the site if you want to special bundle pricing.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:41 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
will do. can't wait for your video.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 03:23 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
If they can make 3 axis FBL gyros for $30 why would a 1 axis tail only gyro be $60.

Also the $30 3 axis gyro can be used for tail only on a FB heli as well. The 3 axis gyro is also firmware upgradable, has a field programming box and a PC interface that only costs $5.

What are you getting for $60 with this gyro? Did I mention the $30 gyro also holds the tail very well.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; May 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:24 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
I wouldnt mind having FB and FBL helis. Now I know everyone knows that there is a gyro war, and FBL gyros are here to stay. Having said that the future of single axis gyros may no longer exist. The flybar may be facing it's extinction. If that is the case the single axis gyros would also follow. However I am attracted to the FB and also the FBL. But since there is this single axis gyro price reduction going around, i believe it's wonderful to have. I see it as an opportunity. If this gyro performs nicely with the tail slides, and I can get it at $20 a piece, that is an absolute bargain! I say bring on the gyro price war, because there are a lot of people benefiting from it. Especially the new people who have just started in the hobby. It's really a wonderful opportunity to see CX and Tarot offering FBL gyros on the cheap. I say let's embrace this gyro war, as this is an opportunity to make our hobby grow. I guess this is CP heli evolution at the making.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:40 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
HCT, uhm how's the tail slide video coming along?