SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:15 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,151 Posts
Yes, thanks everyone for the 1/2 point. I hope next month we get even more people!
JONBOYLEMON is online now Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2012, 07:04 PM
Russ Young
United States, UT, South Jordan
Joined Mar 2006
1,168 Posts
Yes, thanks to all for a great day. Although catching thermals every flight is fun, I prefer the conditions we had. You really have to work for it... I just didn't work hard enough.

Thanks Mark for the gel cell!
isoarthenland is offline Find More Posts by isoarthenland
Old Apr 22, 2012, 07:16 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,151 Posts
Strangest thing about yesterday is not once was there really poachable air.

Seems like there is always lift good enough to want to go to at some point, but I dont think it was ever worth running to good air once yesterday.

Anyways, as always, DLG is a challenge.

PS, congrats to Mike for kicking our butts with a new plane.
JONBOYLEMON is online now Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Apr 22, 2012, 07:53 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,136 Posts
Umm, no butt kicking was inflicted. That was Finch's contest to win until the very last round when Russ was somehow able to magically float his Polaris at half launch height or less over the plowed field to the south for a full 3:20 time, and take the 1000. That sealed the deal and allowed me to steal the win from Finch by just a few measly points. Thanks Russ!
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:55 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,872 Posts
I think mike's being nice . It really was nip and tuck between the two of us all contest (I looked at the scores after each round as I entered them). I never should have ever left the plowed field... I got creamed every time i went looking to the north or east.

Next months winner takes home a trophy!
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch