HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:36 PM
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined May 2011
37 Posts
Alert
DO NOT BUY Syma S033G

I bought the S033G hoping to move up from the great S107 to something that could be flown outdoors on very calm days.
It is a long story, but like others, the control response to the transmitter is intermittent, like every other second. The power to the motors surges on and off no matter how close or far the heli is from the transmitter.
The company I bought it from has been good enough to send another transmitter and control board. I have installed the new board and tried both transmitters and multiple configurations of the antenna as others have recommended, and still have be unreliable response.
Sorry I didnt read the other posts people have posted with similar issues.
I am chalking this one up to experience.
Chalupadrop is offline Find More Posts by Chalupadrop
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:48 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,387 Posts
I have the S006G. Out of the box, with the antenna still coiled up around the skids, has no connection issues. And it's on the least-ideal frequency (band) for short antennas, 27MHz.

What does your MHz sticker on the back say? You'd think they would use the same radio setup rather than reinventing one that doesn't work.

However, the model quickly developed a reputation for short flight times and low lift after about 10 days of operation. Other than that and low forward authority, it flies in breeze better than a stock Lama V4 which always had bladestrikes.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab