Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:02 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,367 Posts
Discussion
New Spektrum STi App is Available

The new STi app is available in the App Store. Send your comments (good or bad) to AirWare@horizonhobby.com and put STI in the title so they route it correctly.

Enjoy!

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2012, 05:15 PM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,357 Posts
Wowwowwow....... love it
Just got home and saw the available for upgrade on my iPhone. Immediately did the upgrade.... Works great.. love all aspects... like the way they did the audio..
It was a little difficult to bind.. don't know why... I have the "Y" connector on the bind port. Once I got it to bind, I didn't see the speaker with the slash... took some poking.

We need a readme file, or a Wikipage...

I only had 2 planes with Telemetry, so I have one working for the moment, will leave well enough alone for the present.

This is awsum... Does the Variometer work off the Altitude sensor or do I need to buy another sensor?

KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly
Old Mar 01, 2012, 05:34 PM
Australia, NSW, Meadowbank
Joined Nov 2010
194 Posts
Does this now allow data logging? Graphing seems to imply that but I'd like to confirm.
ecenshu is offline Find More Posts by ecenshu
Old Mar 01, 2012, 05:51 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,228 Posts
First impression - sucked that all my models are gone but the ability to select what sensor to display and move them around is pretty cool. Well not sure if the update erased all my models or if I for some reason may have re-installed this app before and never put the models in.

Have yet to bind a model and already have fun setting up new models.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Mar 01, 2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:01 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenshu View Post
Does this now allow data logging? Graphing seems to imply that but I'd like to confirm.
Looks like it.AutoLoggin / Manual selection
then you can select RPM/Airspeed/Alt/Flight Volts
Start log at value
Stop log at value
Time out for no value
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:57 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,228 Posts
Last edited by freechip; Mar 01, 2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 01:59 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,382 Posts
Very cool indeed.And it talks.
Used it with the RadianPro speaking altitude every ten seconds.Not quite specifically a variometer yet but its a huge step up.Along with low flightpack voltage alert it makes it a whole different kind of fun all over again. This thing is pretty cool even in conjunction with telemetry in the radio.
If you dont have a telemetry enabled radio this is going to be a way cool way to have it.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Mar 02, 2012, 05:37 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,357 Posts
Aerocal,
There's a Variometer on the second page display. There's a big circle with G force indicators and over on the left it shows a Variometer. I just don't know if we need another sensor or if it works off the current Altimeter.

Any words of wisdom Sir Andy?

KKKKFL
Old Mar 02, 2012, 09:29 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,367 Posts
The vario module isn't shipping yet. This way you can preview the idea a little. I would go with aerocal's method - let the speaking altimeter keep you updated.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 02, 2012, 10:01 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,357 Posts
Oh that's good to know since the HH tech rep said that SPMA9585 costing $32 bucks
would read in that window (to be fair he said he was guessing) but there is an 8 G model, and a 40 g model... I was off the the LHS to see if plugging them in would make it work.

KKKKFL
Old Mar 02, 2012, 10:14 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,367 Posts
They work the same, either one will report in the STi. You can only put one of them in a plane. I gave you the link in your RCU thread.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 02, 2012, 02:29 PM
United Kingdom, Northallerton
Joined Nov 2005
41 Posts
I can't see how to set an alarm on altitude. Is it possible ?

Steve
sxjack is offline Find More Posts by sxjack
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:23 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
The new STi app is available in the App Store. Send your comments (good or bad) to AirWare@horizonhobby.com and put STI in the title so they route it correctly.

Enjoy!

Andy
A fellow flying club member flew with STI app on a IPAD. It dropped reception most of the time. It only worked when he passed down the runway.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Jun 15, 2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:42 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
A fellow flying club member flew with STI app on a IPAD. It dropped reception most of the time. It only worked we he passed down the runway.
The telemetry connection definitely isnt as robust or forgiving to a marginal antenna position.I found on the TM1000 the farther back you can get the antenna and have it stick out the back/bottom is the best for reception.I seem to reliably get 1/2 mile with the TM1000 and well over 1/3 mile with the TM1100 if I get an optimal setup.If you leave them jammed up next to and/or around other electronics it may be drastically reduced to a couple hundred feet
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Jun 15, 2012, 05:38 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,228 Posts
750ft away on my recent climb before airframe failure I still had strong telemetry on my iPhone/STI setup.

I do have like mentioned above the Tm antenna in the back of the fuse away from most everything.