HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by 7rider, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 11:17 AM
USA, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2007
933 Posts
Discussion
Maidened Flyzone's Micro Fokker Dr.I Triplane

After attaching the Tactic Anylink 2.4 module to my Spektrum DX7 and changing the channel mapping, E and I were ready to hit the local field this morning with the Flyzone Micro Fokker Dr.I Triplane. E had been obsessed with getting plane ever since he saw it in a Tower Hobbies catalog. I had flown the plane a little bit the previous night, but it needed some trimming, and it was a bit too dark to fly effectively. After adding the machine guns and the pilot last night, the plane was ready for its real maiden. I did a 100% mix of aileron to rudder after the first flight this morning so that one could use just the right stick for the control surfaces. This made the plane a lot easier to handle. I flew the first battery, and I let E fly the next 2 batteries. He had so much fun with the plane, he asked for a fourth one. I regret I didn't have a camera since the sun was rising and reflecting off the bottom of the clouds, giving a great dawn patrol effect to the Fokker in flight.
7rider is offline Find More Posts by 7rider
to remove ads between posts