SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 01, 2012, 10:18 AM
Joined Aug 2007
4 Posts
Discussion
Vintage High Wing ID Help

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to find out what this plane is. It is cloth and dope covered, all balsa construction. There is nothing inside or out to ID the make or model of the plane. Had no engine or electronics when I got it, I flew it with a magnum 15 which wasn't really enough motor for it. Any help with what I have here would be greatly appreciated.

nate1590 is offline Find More Posts by nate1590
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2012, 07:32 PM
WCB
NC
Joined Aug 2005
1,103 Posts
It looks like a Pete-n-Poke.
WCB is offline Find More Posts by WCB
Old Mar 03, 2012, 06:40 AM
USA, MA, Weymouth
Joined Mar 2004
1,095 Posts
Perhaps you've got a Flyline FAIRCHILD 22 model there...

Dear Nate1590:

The PIPE Here...from what I found at https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...KqXY0QHBp_zlDQ , I'd have to say...if your model has a wingspan of just about four feet...that you've got a Flyline Fairchild 22 RC Scale model there.

If I had that one, I'd first consider using a small glow ignition four stroke mill in it, like an HP VT-21 (I've got one of those!) or a Magnum, OS or Saito .30 four stroker for power (which might be best purchased as a used mill)...for electric, the right combo of "brushless & A123s" (with lithium iron phosphate cells from the page at http://www.radicalrc.com/category/A123-Cells-Packs-199 ) electric power would get it up quite nicely.

I ALSO just did a search right here within RCGroups, at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/searc...Fairchild%2022 for what I STRONGLY suspect to be your aircraft...you can check out all FORTY-SEVEN "hits" that link provides to check further against, to see if you feel that you've got a Flyline Fairchild 22...

...I DO suspect that you've got one, and whether you choose to fly it with either four-stroke glow OR electric, have a great time with it...and perhaps, with a little work - if it doesn't yet have ailerons, some of the first link's "images" might give you a hint on how to install working ailerons on it for "full-house" control.

Give those two links a check...I'd bet that you've GOT a Flyline Fairchild 22 now!

Best of luck and Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE....!!
The PIPE is offline Find More Posts by The PIPE
Last edited by The PIPE; Mar 03, 2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Aug 2007
4 Posts
Pipe,
I really appreciate your time and knowledge to help me ID this plane. My uncle gave me the model a while ago, and I was always curios as to what it was. I will look into the links you gave me above. Thank you!!

Nate
nate1590 is offline Find More Posts by nate1590