HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:06 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
It has a port on the rx so they need to give us the usb cable and software so we can program it ourselves...this is where it's gonna end up anyway. A flight mode switch would be cool though.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:35 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
It bugs the heck out of me that Walkera makes you buy a new transmitter for this thing.
I really like the looks of this little thing and it appears to be a nice performer in the videos (assuming it can indeed flip as shown in the last clip), but yeah, the dedicated TX thing is a total deal-killer for me. The thought of another TX cluttering my shelves makes me groan. I'd rather just not have the new quad no matter how cool it is then have yet another TX.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:40 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tres Wright View Post
I really like the looks of this little thing and it appears to be a nice performer in the videos (assuming it can indeed flip as shown in the last clip), but yeah, the dedicated TX thing is a total deal-killer for me. The thought of another TX cluttering my shelves makes me groan. I'd rather just not have the new quad no matter how cool it is then have yet another TX.
I have an offer on my Walkera CB-100 and the guy doesn't want the transmitter for it. That would make a 2401 and a 2402 sitting around taking up space.
kodak_jack is online now Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:35 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
1,962 Posts
Man it can do flips now? I tried adjusting the little pot on the RX and it didn't really do anything. I have to hook it up to my Devo 8s, 10, and 12 to see if I can wake this little guy up. It looks so cool in the video!
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
Man it can do flips now? I tried adjusting the little pot on the RX and it didn't really do anything. I have to hook it up to my Devo 8s, 10, and 12 to see if I can wake this little guy up. It looks so cool in the video!
It might be an updated version. For example they changed the specs from 10x10cm to 8.5x8.5cm. What size is yours?
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:56 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
It might be an updated version. For example they changed the specs from 10x10cm to 8.5x8.5cm. What size is yours?
Shortening the arms would reduce stability and make it easier to flip.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Mar 29, 2012, 01:00 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
as long as you can adjust the gain enough to keep from overcompensation wobble.
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Mar 29, 2012, 01:44 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
1,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
Mines measure 8.5mm just like the website. If it's an updated version I sure hope Walkera is kind enough to send me another sample to play with lol
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Mar 31, 2012, 04:45 PM
Flying Monkey
Lexington, KY
Joined Aug 2010
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
Let me know about the Devo 8s, that is the combo I went with.

If the version I get isn't acrobatic like in there video (which was the reason I ordered in the first place), I'm gonna be pizzed!
heli-yeah is offline Find More Posts by heli-yeah
Old Mar 31, 2012, 04:51 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
as long as you can adjust the gain enough to keep from overcompensation wobble.
Hell, I figured that wouldn't be a problem. If you look at the hardware on these new quad control boards, it looks like they can do everything but file your income tax. I'm expecting the one I'm building to ask me if I want to fly it or if it's OK to fly by itself.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:47 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,183 Posts
Walkera already made an updated version?

Figures and can't say I'm surprised!
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Apr 01, 2012, 11:02 AM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Walkera already made an updated version?

Figures and can't say I'm surprised!
I saw on Oomodel they had two listed one a dollar more. One said Ladybird blah blah and the other said Ladybird blah blah dexterous. I emailed them and asked what was the difference. But the person that responded just said it was not in stock yet.

I think I am going to get one with the 6s. I really think I will like the smaller transmitter a lot more.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:22 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,709 Posts
I'm just looking to get started into quads instead of heli's, so, I'm not into doing videos. If I were, or maybe in anticipation of getting into it, they have the newer UFO 5 out that comes with the Devo 7 AND a camera right out of the box(camera controlled by the Devo). I would assume the software/firmware has been updated since the original UFO 5 that ran on a 2401 transmitter. Have any of you been UFO 5 owners from the previous version? As much as they thought of things that would sell this older model, would it have hurt them to make it brushless too?
Old Apr 01, 2012, 09:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
I'm getting anxious waiting to hear reviews on this.
I wont be buying a bnf/rtf but am certainly interested in buying the spares to create my own contraption.
Walkera told me that it DOES NOT use the same motors as the old Ufo 8 but I'm now quite certain they're lying like they always do, as vendors that were out of stock of the old Ufo 8 motors for quite a while (discontinued) are now getting stock back. Hmmm?
The 7mm x 20mm (0720) physical motors dimensions are precisely the same as well.
Crafty people, many of those Chinese Guys, my mate Vance knows only too well (clip 2).. http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&h...&v=9i8tK8KguYs
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Last edited by Username>; Apr 01, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 01, 2012, 09:43 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,709 Posts
Wasn't the UFO 8 smaller than the UFO 5? If they have a new release of the UFO 5 and it now carries a camera with it, they should be stocking up on a bigger motor.