HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:01 AM
Joined Nov 2010
687 Posts
I hit bottom, bought the phantom, and two gopros...beautiful flying machine BTW!
Then I see ladybirdQR v2 Fpv and Devo f4.... How oh how do I explaine the new ladybird?
If I'm lucky, I'm now at the point they all look the same and she won't notice....
Will the DevoF4 have vid out for goggles?

Quick look, looks like my goggles will work from Vtx to my AIO's
boxhead530 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead530
Last edited by boxhead530; Jan 21, 2013 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Found foreign specs, looking for some I can maybe read he he
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:40 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead530 View Post
Will the DevoF4 have vid out for goggles?

Quick look, looks like my goggles will work from Vtx to my AIO's
According to this, both the F7 and F4 have video out:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...01&postcount=9

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:04 AM
Joined Nov 2010
687 Posts
I hit walkera site, didn't see that, but I have been hitting the gopro books so I a little fuzzy.
I'll wait until wow hobby has it, hobbywow takes too long, and it will let me space out the wallet hit from dji phantom.
I can't belive how much these little quads have helped me fly. Ladybird, hotenX, and the others.
I have two vRx boards, giving me a lot of freqs to match Vtx from this new ladybird.
boxhead530 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead530
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:58 PM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
@ Yud,

Just to give you an idea to calm the LB down a bit, try adding 20-40% expo to the elevator & aileron. This will take away some of the 'twitchiness' of the LB. Add travel adjustment, anywhere between 100 - 150% to the rudder and decrease expo for the rudder, -20 to -40% as an example. You'll be surprised at the difference. Then as you're skills improve you can put some of the 'twitchiness' back in if you want. Travel adjustment procedure is on page 28, Dual Rates and Expo start on the bottom of page 28.

The 7E is my first programmable radio, I was hesitant at first to take the step but it really does make a huge difference. Also programmable radios with their own receivers are the only way to get farther and deeper into the hobby...not sure if that's good or bad...
@ BD Murdock

Thanks heaps. I made the changes you suggested (even though it was done without much understanding...) and I found the bird much easier to control.
Used 4 batteries on the weekend and really enjoyed it...

Yestarday I changed blades to a new set and now the bird does not take off. Maybe I pushed the new blades too far down? They all spin ok but the bird does not take off. Tried a fresh battery as well with no luck. Might have to change motors.
yud is offline Find More Posts by yud
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:00 AM
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Sep 2012
709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yud View Post
@ BD Murdock

Thanks heaps. I made the changes you suggested (even though it was done without much understanding...) and I found the bird much easier to control.
Used 4 batteries on the weekend and really enjoyed it...

Yestarday I changed blades to a new set and now the bird does not take off. Maybe I pushed the new blades too far down? They all spin ok but the bird does not take off. Tried a fresh battery as well with no luck. Might have to change motors.
You must have put the blades on incorrectly. Each color has 1 CW and 1 CCW blade.
natscape is offline Find More Posts by natscape
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:02 AM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by natscape View Post
You must have put the blades on incorrectly. Each color has 1 CW and 1 CCW blade.
Thanks but I don't think so.
I replaced the blades one at a time in order to avoid exactly this.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:12 AM
Joined Sep 2012
709 Posts
That is weird.
Try to spin each of the props by hand and check if 1 or more does not spin freely.

You can also check each motor by leaving 1 motor attached and throttling up. If it's a motor issue, 1 or more motors will seem weak.

good luck!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:17 AM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by natscape View Post
That is weird.
Try to spin each of the props by hand and check if 1 or more does not spin freely.

You can also check each motor by leaving 1 motor attached and throttling up. If it's a motor issue, 1 or more motors will seem weak.

good luck!
Thanks @ natscape.

Do you mean I should disconnect 3 motors from the FCB and test 1 motor at a time?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:27 AM
Joined Sep 2012
709 Posts
Quote:
Thanks @ natscape.

Do you mean I should disconnect 3 motors from the FCB and test 1 motor at a time?
Yes.
Also make sure the rotation direction is correct and remember which motor goes into which FCB plug.

What I did was to use a fine permanent marker to label the FCB sockets (FR, FL, RR, RL).
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:23 AM
2 NECKS ARE BETTER THAN 1
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Aug 2012
293 Posts
Quote:
Thanks but I don't think so.
I replaced the blades one at a time in order to avoid exactly this.

If all 4 motors/blades spin, put on some throttle and see if you feel wind above the quad. If you do, it's because the blades are in the wrong positions (cw and ccw) and it's forcing air up instead of down to create lift.

Lard4Hire
Lard4Hire is offline Find More Posts by Lard4Hire
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:11 AM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard4Hire View Post
If all 4 motors/blades spin, put on some throttle and see if you feel wind above the quad. If you do, it's because the blades are in the wrong positions (cw and ccw) and it's forcing air up instead of down to create lift.

Lard4Hire
Thank you all!
Problem solved. Very emberassing to admit but the blades were swapped...

Now for the next question: when she takes off she immediately goes backwards and I have to correct by forward stick. I'm guessing at least one motor needs replacing but is there an easy way to tell which without trial and error? Can I assume it's one of the front motors?

(same behavior with old and new blades)
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:54 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
That would be a rear motor, or calibration/trimming somewhere. I've noticed my v2 sets the gyros whenever the throttle is zero, so if you take off from a slope it won't hover.

And if you accidentally drop the throttle too low and it tumbles from height...
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:00 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,332 Posts
Also if you don't quickly get it out of ground effect it will slide as well. Make sure you are popping it up a few feet off the ground. Having to adjust some from ground effect is normal. The question is once you adjust it to be level does it still want to go backwards after that?
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:02 AM
Joined Mar 2006
781 Posts
do you have a bent blade or bent arm? If the CF rod is cracked and he motor sits a little off center it may drift.
You keep mentioning motor, did you crash hard that made you want to call it that?
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:15 AM
Joined Sep 2012
709 Posts
Yeah those motors are very tough. Had my V1 since August 2012 and I've only replace 1 motor when I landed upside down and popped the motor cover off.

This was right after trying to do a double flip.