HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:27 PM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
@w

What does your battery do when you put it in the charger? Even a battery that's discharged too low should still at the very least show power to the board. Are the connectors on the 1SQ battery the same, with the same polarities? If so you might try one of those.

Had any really bad crashes with it?
If you have you should closely inspect the board for cracks, broken solder points etc.
The stock Walkera dual charger just has a solid red light when battery is plugged in. I have not had any bad crashes and my last flight prior to the issue had no crash or impact at all. The polarity on the 1SQ battery is reversed. I will just have to inspect the board closely and try another battery on it. Until then I just have to fly the other bird.

Thanks,
Mark
wrglyvill is offline Find More Posts by wrglyvill
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:02 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,930 Posts
Put 808 cam on the DSM ladybird this morning. Using a 30mah battery instead of stock on the cam to save weight. Flies well!!

Don't hate on the kickin' PJ bottoms!! hahahaa

DSM2 Ladybird with 808#16 keychain cam (0 min 0 sec)
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:25 PM
Joined May 2012
125 Posts
Quote:
Tried it...zippo
Have you tried other switches? I'm not familiar with devo7e but I'm pretty sure the problem is in controller settings, "device output" maybe. I couldn't get this thing to work on my devo6 until I installed deviation firmware, but as far as I know, people were able to do it on stock devo 7/8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
Wow, that would have to be a pretty bad crash! I've crashed more times than I can remember, and the worst I've done is break the frame. I've replaced 2 frames, (I now carry a spare) and replaced 4 motors. Does anyone here know where to get just the motor? I have arms to spare now.
Banggood sells motor alone for 2.89
This could work also, 2pcs for 4.29, but I'm not sure if motor and shaft diameters are the same.
Mig_31 is offline Find More Posts by Mig_31
Last edited by Mig_31; Jan 12, 2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:49 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrglyvill View Post
The stock Walkera dual charger just has a solid red light when battery is plugged in. I have not had any bad crashes and my last flight prior to the issue had no crash or impact at all. The polarity on the 1SQ battery is reversed. I will just have to inspect the board closely and try another battery on it. Until then I just have to fly the other bird.

Thanks,
Mark

The stock Walkera dual charger just has a solid red light when battery is plugged in. Which is normal, and then you've used it after the light goes off yes? All normal. Make sure the battery cable is solidly soldered to the board and that the pins in the board cable and the battery cable are all still lining up and making contact. I can't think of anything else except a board problem.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:33 PM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Put 808 cam on the DSM ladybird this morning. Using a 30mah battery instead of stock on the cam to save weight. Flies well!!
Really nice vid and flyin Turbo, did you strip the shell off the cam? I can't believe that 30 mAH battery lasted that long, what do you think the temperature might've been?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:41 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
++ very nice and clear
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:51 AM
Australia, NSW, Lake Macquarie
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
I love my mother-in-law!
Her Christmas present to me, arrived today. As you can see, I was sick of waiting for parts!
Photo shows unpacked parts (including 11x main frames, 3x canopies, V2 receiver and 3x 280mAh batteries), together with new LB V1 and new Devo7E. All from Banggood.
In the modified tool box, is my original LB V2. It currently is awaiting a PCB transplant. It does not to bind to new Devo7E Tx, nor old Devo 4 Tx, after it was flown into the local park's perimeter fence!
G Man V2 is offline Find More Posts by G Man V2
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:49 AM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,967 Posts
Nice mother-in-law! She must like you
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:37 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,930 Posts
Nice Gman - you got hooked up!! I need to modify my ladybird case now that I use my DX8 to control it.. Did you just cut up the original to make that? Nice!

Thanks for the good words on the video! The camera is nice.. NIce and clear.. Yes, the shell is stripped off.. With the 30mah battery it weighs about 8.5g's. 11.8g's with the stock battery. The temp outside was about 40.

THe only complaint I have is that in a crash, it tends to either delete the video it was recording, or truncate the last minute or 30 seconds.. In this video, I tried to land on my hand but bounced off onto the lawn... It cut that out I also had it on my Edge 540QQ and had a nose-over in which it cut out the end.. Must be pretty sensitive to shock or G forces..
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:38 AM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Nice gift G Man...all I got from my mom in law was a kiss on the cheek...

You'll enjoy the V1 & Devo 7E combo, that's what I'm flying alot right now too.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:42 AM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,967 Posts
Do you think that if I took power directly from the battery instead of the board, there would still be noise from the motors/esc's?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:56 AM
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Sep 2012
709 Posts
Quote:
Do you think that if I took power directly from the battery instead of the board, there would still be noise from the motors/esc's?
Yes. Most likely.
natscape is offline Find More Posts by natscape
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:15 AM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,967 Posts
Well, that sucks! The problem I'm having is that those small batteries die very quickly (meaning few cycles). The originals for the cameras last only a few weeks. (at least the 3 I have did)
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:16 PM
Australia, NSW, Lake Macquarie
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Nice mother-in-law! She must like you
Yes, she is nice... we've been In-laws for 25 years. She must wonder what her daughter was thinking, hooking up with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Nice Gman - you got hooked up!! I need to modify my ladybird case now that I use my DX8 to control it.. Did you just cut up the original to make that? Nice!
The case came with removable devisers. I glued high density foam to look after the Tx and LB units. Apart from the glue, the only non reversible mod. was the hole I cut for the Tx aerial. If there is any interest, I can post pictures (now that I know how!).

Quote:
Nice gift G Man...all I got from my mom in law was a kiss on the cheek...

You'll enjoy the V1 & Devo 7E combo, that's what I'm flying alot right now too.
I haven't taken the combo out to fly yet, however, after reading 75 pages of this thread, I feel like I have.
I would like to thank all the contributors who has made the selection a 'no brainer'.
Plans are (after I learn to fly it) video set up on the LB, then I'll have a go building an arduino based quad. Cheers!
G Man V2 is offline Find More Posts by G Man V2
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:13 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,671 Posts
Quote:
Hi Mitchie,

I take power directly from the battery for my light set by soldering directly to the positive and negative terminals on the PCB. My 9 LED light set doesn't affect flight times at all...still 6 to 8 minutes.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer